Are you born with spiritual needs ?

How can I say it more clearly? There is no "spirit" in human beings, which is why it has no effect on the status of human life. Your think there's a spirit, b/c that's popular belief, but there is no; scientific or observational evidence that a "spirit" even exist.
You are wrong.

That's all well and good, but you fail to support your position that the Spirit is not required for life to occur. All the parts of the human machine are there immediately after death, yet the body cannot be revived, as the Spirit cannot be returned.

I have many questions to this statement.
1. You say the body cannot be rivived, but yet why are Cryonics preserving the human bodies for future recovery after death? And if they are able to bring 'one' back to life what dose this mean for the holy spirit?
To make it simple lets put it like this. Do you believe animals have souls? If yes then the spirits will go to heaven unable to return to the body just as the body isn't able to be revived. Now, saying that this would all be true would not tell us how the Red-Sided Garter Snakes is able to go into suspended animation (note: the snakes are frozen to death) and months later come back to life. So this theory of spirits within the human body would just cancel out.

2. If the spirit isn't requiered for life to occur but once already dead the spirit is unaable to return to the host' body how can this be? Is the spirit an enity that is not of our conscience? Or are we within the spirits of ourselves?

How can I say it more clearly? There is no "spirit" in human beings, which is why it has no effect on the status of human life. Your think there's a spirit, b/c that's popular belief, but there is no; scientific or observational evidence that a "spirit" even exist.

I see you can offer no rational argument against my proof, so you do an Algore: claim that the debate is over. How quaint.:thumbdown:

I have many questions to this statement.
1. You say the body cannot be rivived, but yet why are Cryonics preserving the human bodies for future recovery after death? And if they are able to bring 'one' back to life what dose this mean for the holy spirit?
To make it simple lets put it like this. Do you believe animals have souls? If yes then the spirits will go to heaven unable to return to the body just as the body isn't able to be revived. Now, saying that this would all be true would not tell us how the Red-Sided Garter Snakes is able to go into suspended animation (note: the snakes are frozen to death) and months later come back to life. So this theory of spirits within the human body would just cancel out.

2. If the spirit isn't requiered for life to occur but once already dead the spirit is unaable to return to the host' body how can this be? Is the spirit an enity that is not of our conscience? Or are we within the spirits of ourselves?

1. Cryonics are freezing body parts in exchange for your hard earned cash. Ask them to freeze you when your dead, and you’ll pay back at 50% interest rate they revive you, and see how fast they shut the door in your face.
2. The snake-soul stays with the live frozen snake. It’s not frozen to death, just an extremely slowed down metabolic rate.
3. When the spirit leaves the body it goes back to God, and only He can put it back. There have been very few recorded times when this was done, and all are well documented in the New Testament.

1. Cryonics are freezing body parts in exchange for your hard earned cash. Ask them to freeze you when your dead, and you’ll pay back at 50% interest rate they revive you, and see how fast they shut the door in your face.
2. The snake-soul stays with the live frozen snake. It’s not frozen to death, just an extremely slowed down metabolic rate.
3. When the spirit leaves the body it goes back to God, and only He can put it back. There have been very few recorded times when this was done, and all are well documented in the New Testament.

Come on glock, don't try and bring religion into a scientific debate. Stories written by humans thousands of years ago and translated several times into a dogma are not legit.

I hope that isn't taken in a critical way by any person or group of persons, but I do have a question here.

Atheistala Merriam Webster

Main Entry: athe·ist
Pronunciation: 'A-thE-ist
Function: noun
: one who believes that there is no deity
- athe·is·tic /"A-thE-'is-tik/ or athe·is·ti·cal /"A-thE-'is-ti-k&l/ adjective
- athe·is·ti·cal·ly /-ti-k(&-)lE/ adverb

deity ala Merriam Webster

Main Entry: de·i·ty
Pronunciation: 'dE-&-tE, 'dA-
Inflected Form(s): plural -ties
Etymology: Middle English deitee, from Anglo-French deité, from Late Latin deitat-, deitas, from Latin deus god; akin to Old English TIw, god of war, Latin divus god, dies day, Greek dios heavenly, Sanskrit deva heavenly, god
1 a : the rank or essential nature of a god : DIVINITY b capitalized : GOD 1, : SUPREME BEING
2 : a god or goddess <the deities of ancient Greece>
3 : one exalted or revered as supremely good or powerful

Ok.......I didn't insert the above definitions to impress anyone. I did do this in order to establish a base-point to my question.
Question:

I got a lot of flak for my comments about the rare existence of atheists(my opinion) in the human race.

I will come from the direction of assuming that I'm addressing this question to pure atheists in the very letter of it's definition.

Human existence, human survival, human strife, human challenges, human goals, child rearing, professions, possessions, health needs..........: I'm sure I could make the list much longer, but I would like to ask all resident "atheists", what or where does your motivation of "life" or "survival" in this terrestrial life on planet earth come from? What generates the desire to "succeed", to achieve goals, to enjoy other's accomplishments both your self, your progeny, and even folks or persons that are not economical or DNA related to you?

If life ends for the human being at one's last breath or heart beat, what motivates or compells the atheist to do or desire to do the previous paragraph's observations of human beings, both atheist and "religious"?

As an atheist, what motivates you to appreciate art, or the nurture of the weak? What motivates you to explore the micro, and macro aspects of this material world? It will all end for you when you die, so why even enrich one's life with knowledge of any kind, or even help one's species to survive......via nurture, encouragement, national defense, whatever?

Why do you, human atheist have compassion towards the weak, the minority, the oppressed, etc? Does it enhance your earthly life, or benefit you?

Does the animal world, excluding man have compassion on the weak, the "different", not-so-perfect? No. The animal world aside from man has no time or patience to nurture, to save, to intervene, but only to let all things just "be". Animal mothers, neglect runts and feed their strong progeny. Animals peck to death(chickens) their own when they show the slightest signs of weakness or difference from the the exterior norm of physical appearance or even acceptable behaviour.

Why do you, atheist, have compassion, concern for the weak of your species, or enjoy aesthetic things? What causes you to differentiate/differ from the the rest of the animal kingdom in these marked ways?

Is the answer, that you were taught to be nurturing, or compassionate, or interested in science, and why, what, and how you exist? Is all this because your brain is bigger than most mammals when compared to your body mass?
These questions are only to stimulate discussion, not arguing, and really do have me stumped.
Although man of the animal world is basically devoid of instinct, he/she does have an inate desire to do things, hope things, desire things, and also an out-of-character trait of nuture to both the weak/abnormal/suffering/less fortunate/different........of it's species, while the rest of the animal world has taken a different "path". To attribute this to a larger cranial capacity or to over-developed lobes in the brain versus other mammalians doesn't really answer this "subjective" trait.

I hope that isn't taken in a critical way by any person or group of persons, but I do have a question here.

Atheistala Merriam Webster

Main Entry: athe·ist
Pronunciation: 'A-thE-ist
: one who believes that there is no deity
- athe·is·tic /"A-thE-'is-tik/ or athe·is·ti·cal /"A-thE-'is-ti-k&l/ adjective
- athe·is·ti·cal·ly /-ti-k(&-)lE/ adverb

deity ala Merriam Webster

Main Entry: de·i·ty
Pronunciation: 'dE-&-tE, 'dA-
Inflected Form(s): plural -ties
Etymology: Middle English deitee, from Anglo-French deité, from Late Latin deitat-, deitas, from Latin deus god; akin to Old English TIw, god of war, Latin divus god, dies day, Greek dios heavenly, Sanskrit deva heavenly, god
1 a : the rank or essential nature of a god : DIVINITY b capitalized : GOD 1, : SUPREME BEING
2 : a god or goddess <the deities of ancient Greece>
3 : one exalted or revered as supremely good or powerful

Ok.......I didn't insert the above definitions to impress anyone. I did do this in order to establish a base-point to my question.
Question:

I got a lot of flak for my comments about the rare existence of atheists(my opinion) in the human race.

I will come from the direction of assuming that I'm addressing this question to pure atheists in the very letter of it's definition.

Human existence, human survival, human strife, human challenges, human goals, child rearing, professions, possessions, health needs..........: I'm sure I could make the list much longer, but I would like to ask all resident "atheists", what or where does your motivation of "life" or "survival" in this terrestrial life on planet earth come from? What generates the desire to "succeed", to achieve goals, to enjoy other's accomplishments both your self, your progeny, and even folks or persons that are not economical or DNA related to you?

If life ends for the human being at one's last breath or heart beat, what motivates or compells the atheist to do or desire to do the previous paragraph's observations of human beings, both atheist and "religious"?

As an atheist, what motivates you to appreciate art, or the nurture of the weak? What motivates you to explore the micro, and macro aspects of this material world? It will all end for you when you die, so why even enrich one's life with knowledge of any kind, or even help one's species to survive......via nurture, encouragement, national defense, whatever?

Why do you, human atheist have compassion towards the weak, the minority, the oppressed, etc? Does it enhance your earthly life, or benefit you?

Does the animal world, excluding man have compassion on the weak, the "different", not-so-perfect? No. The animal world aside from man has no time or patience to nurture, to save, to intervene, but only to let all things just "be". Animal mothers, neglect runts and feed their strong progeny. Animals peck to death(chickens) their own when they show the slightest signs of weakness or difference from the the exterior norm of physical appearance or even acceptable behaviour.

Why do you, atheist, have compassion, concern for the weak of your species, or enjoy aesthetic things? What causes you to differentiate/differ from the the rest of the animal kingdom in these marked ways?

Is the answer, that you were taught to be nurturing, or compassionate, or interested in science, and why, what, and how you exist? Is all this because your brain is bigger than most mammals when compared to your body mass?
These questions are only to stimulate discussion, not arguing, and really do have me stumped.
Although man of the animal world is basically devoid of instinct, he/she does have an inate desire to do things, hope things, desire things, and also an out-of-character trait of nuture to both the weak/abnormal/suffering/less fortunate/different........of it's species, while the rest of the animal world has taken a different "path". To attribute this to a larger cranial capacity or to over-developed lobes in the brain versus other mammalians doesn't really answer this "subjective" trait.

Wow! Where did you get the idea that only a religious person can appreciate things? Ambition, desire, charity, creativity, etc are all traits born of intelligence, not faith.

As for instictual behavior, we've lost most of our instincts through non-use of them. Our intelligence has made us independent of them.

Forum List

Back