Are you better of now than you were 4 years ago?

Me? Absolutely.

I've held a job the entire time, whereas before I hadn't.

LMAO!!!! Dumbo holds a job under Obama and record unemployment but couldn't get a job with MAD jobs available and low unemployment.. Yea, that makes perfect sense... NOT.

Fucking lib liars will say anything.. do anything..

I understand that facts are mysterious to you, that you cannot correlate information to make semi-accurate assessments of situations. This is what you do instead: stutter and splutter.

You, as an observer, are worthless.

As if LGS has a clue, the bumbling clown.

Election 2012 Obama Romney Spread
RCP National Average 48.9 44.6 Obama +4.3
Favorable Ratings +6.5 -2.3 Obama +8.8
Intrade Odds 78.7 21.2

Do you think I give a damn about that poll or any other poll out there?? You're talking excrement.. A shitpile with a mouth.. Nothing more.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not buying any expensive items. Mostly necessities. and still I can't put more money away because the prices of everything has gone way up.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not buying any expensive items. Mostly necessities. and still I can't put more money away because the prices of everything has gone way up.

Housing is cheaper than 4 years ago, isnt it?

oh yes, the value of my house declined too.

Building materials, hardware, property taxes, insurance & all utilities to maintain houses have gone up so the cost of housing is not any lower than it was. My property taxes have risen 500% in the past 15 years. Government backed defined benefit pensions should be banned!!!!!

Last edited:
I can only speak about myself. But four years ago I was desperately trying to fend off an ailing economy. My two year old business was spiraling south (I eventually had to abandon it) my savings were quickly depleting, and the second part time job I took trying to make my way through was itself proving only marginally fruitful.

Now, I'm once again employed full time, I'm rebuilding my savings, my new career track is progressing well. How I miss the old days.

Me? Absolutely.

I've held a job the entire time, whereas before I hadn't.

I attribute that to the great organization I work for, more than anything.

I did promise myself that if Obama won the election in 2008 however, I would go get my GED, as a sort of motivational booster... and for the first time in my life I did commit to it.

what if McCain had won the election?

If you owe on your home, now is a good time refinance.

If you have money/job, its a good time to buy. We sold off our rentals just before the Bush crash but not because of that. We were just tired of being so tied down.

Our son - in Cambridge Mass - just sold his condo and bought a gorgeous 3 story house. They're using the sale proceeds to renovate the house. We visited when they first bought the house and we're looking forward to visiting to see the "after".

If I were his age and had the money, I'd buy rentals again although some say it makes more sense to buy fixer-uppers and resell. In this market though, I'd go for rentals again. And, I surely can't complain about the pay off from that investment.

THAT is exactly what Mittens wants for his 1% cronies. He actually came right out and said he wanted people to lose their homes so they could be bought up by his cronies and then rented back to the owners. He's definitely not the kind of lowdown scum we want in the WH.

So much better.

Half of engineering was terminated.

All of R&D was terminated.

My 401 was down more than a third.

Half of the people I knew lost their jobs.

It was terrible. If McCain had been president, I shudder to think. We would be in a deep depression and I would probably be living on the street.

No one can really say they are better, We are paying higher for food, gas, clothes . Money wise we have have more because I started to work.. But it doesnt seem like it because buying gas for 3 cars hubby , mine and oldest son we spend almost 600 a month on gas alone. And then try feeding 3 boy teenagers.. LOL Oh and I forgot to add . My house lost 40K in equity .. City and county taxes have went up

Last edited:
So much better.

It was terrible. If McCain had been president, I shudder to think. We would be in a deep depression and I would probably be living on the street.

So all these people lost their jobs and you think it is better.. OK

So much better.

Show me where anyone has said anything even remotely like that.

Actually, yes we are better off than we were four years ago. We are basically debt free save a mortgage and a small credit card balance and a small student loan balance. Our vehicles are paid off, our business is fine and my wife got a raise. It would be the same way if McCain was President. People create their own destinies and jobs, not Presidents.

So much better.

Show me where anyone has said anything even remotely like that.
Did you read RDEANS post.. half of engineering was terminated.. HALF THE PEOPLE I KNEW lost their jobs.. ARe you BLIND..

A good 50 to 60% of the population is better off, I would think, and t he others are beginning to come up.

We can never let the Dem and GOP neo-cons take over the House ever again.

No one can really say they are better, We are paying higher for food, gas, clothes . Money wise we have have more because I started to work.. But it doesnt seem like it because buying gas for 3 cars hubby , mine and oldest son we spend almost 600 a month on gas alone. And then try feeding 3 boy teenagers.. LOL Oh and I forgot to add . My house lost 40K in equity .. City and county taxes have went up

Can you read and understand?

So much better.

So much better.

They have jobs now. My 401 is higher than it was before the Republican crash. The Dow had doubled.

Don't thank Republicans. They've been concentrating on abortion.

Screenshot2012-04-06at115515AM.png

After all, Republicans feel even a brutal rapist has the right to be a father. Look at their party platform.

Forum List

Back