Are you afraid of black people?

Let me give you another scenario. If I were given the option of walking by a group of 10 blacks or 10 whites at night , I would chose the white group. Why? Because it's much more likely that the black group would start trouble with me. Isn't that a fact? If it is a fact is it racist for me to admit to feeling dafter with the white group as my choice? Please if it is racist, let me know how. And I don't say that to mock you.

Would you rather walk by a group of 10 black people in polo's and khaki's or a group of white people in hoodie's and saggy pants?

Jesse says;

There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.... After all we have been through. Just to think we can't walk down our own streets, how humiliating.

Jesse Jackson
(27 November 1993).

He knows the score.

Let me give you another scenario. If I were given the option of walking by a group of 10 blacks or 10 whites at night , I would chose the white group. Why? Because it's much more likely that the black group would start trouble with me. Isn't that a fact? If it is a fact is it racist for me to admit to feeling dafter with the white group as my choice? Please if it is racist, let me know how. And I don't say that to mock you.

Would you rather walk by a group of 10 black people in polo's and khaki's or a group of white people in hoodie's and saggy pants?

Black people, but if all aspects of the two groups are the same except color, I would pick the white group. Is that racist?

I'd be afraid to be in certain situations, regardless of the color of those involved.

Simple question.Where would you rather be at night, a black neighborhood or white one?

What is the socioeconomic status of each neighborhood??

Let's say for argument sake each neighborhood is poor.

Then I wouldn't feel safe in either one. I've only been a victim of a crime once...a 30 year old white meth head burglarized my home in the middle of the night. Lucky for my son and I, he was a stupid criminal and pawned my son's game system. Since I'd filed a police report with the serial #, they served the warrant and recovered items from other unsolved robberies. He'd only been out of prison for three months after serving a five year term. My home was the only one in which we could prove it had been occupied at the time of entry, so my testimony, along with his prior conviction, helped put the fucker away for 25 years.

Why is it a little bit racist to be aware of ones surroundings and acting accordingly? And to be honest about it?

No, but I'm a big guy and have had some training on how to not become a victim.

studies show that people who get robbed have been or will be robbed again. Criminals look for easy marks, so if you look like you own the block, even outnumbered in the wrong hood, nothing will happen.,

So my answer to the OP title is yes, to some degree. I would feel unsafe if I were to be walking through black neighborhoods at night, or being surrounded by a group of blacks in certain circumstances. Does that make me a racist? .

Not necessarily. It just makes you a coward. You can get over it.

You know what? Blacks don't like white people very much. They never did, either.They pretend, hell, so do all whites. .

Actually, NOBODY likes you very much. You just try to ascribe it to race so you won't have to face the fact that you're a shitty person.

Not afraid of anyone. Once you've been face to face with your own mortality what scares those who haven't confronted their's only makes you smile and laugh.

"All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall."
-Amb. Delenn, "Babylon 5"

I'd be afraid to be in certain situations, regardless of the color of those involved.

Simple question.Where would you rather be at night, a black neighborhood or white one?
To me...the simple question is...Where would you rather be at night, a middle class neighborhood or a poor neighborhood....regardless of color.

To me...the simple question is...Where would you rather be at night, a middle class neighborhood or a poor neighborhood....regardless of color.

A poor one. Poor neighborhoods people congragate outside socializing. Middle-class and rich ones people are inside hiding.

A poor neighborhood when you knock on their door they just open it and say "What the hell do you want?"

A middle-class neighborhood you knock on their door they might shoot you.

Forum List

Back