Zone1 Are you a member of a political party ? Why ?

How could they be wworse than the tories ? The tories hate Wales.
As a purely side note, my Dad's family came from Wales. Originally from Gloucestershire, three generations moved to Blaenarvon to work in the Iron Works during the Industrial Revolution, then the fourth emigrated to similarly coal-driven Pennsylvania. I hope to one day get to their hometown, Talywain, in Pontypool, near Cardiff.

Just a diversion. Carry on.

Am an independent, try and vote for the most responsible as opposed to party first, over better government.
BUT will tell you too day that as the insanity grows,
I am leaning away from those who think winning is more important than good government.

What do you get ?
I can see that it shows support and provides finance. But does your membership give you any rights ?

In the UK members get to vote for their party leader.
Libs and labour members get to vote on policy.But the leaders are free to ignore the vote if they dont like it. The tories dont evn get that vote.
You can also use the party club facilities which is a variable benefit.But non members can pay to get in anyway.

Its not an extensive list of benefits.
What do you get in America ?
Democrat [of the anti-white liberal variety] and I vote democrat across the board [so I've more than likely voted for white liberals along the way]...Reagan had converted me for a period of time, but I learned he was the exception, and I went back...love democrats, view white liberals with a/the gimlet eye.

Last edited:
What do you get ?
I can see that it shows support and provides finance. But does your membership give you any rights ?

Libs and labour members get to vote on policy.But the leaders are free to ignore the vote if they dont like it. The tories dont evn get that vote.
You can also use the party club facilities which is a variable benefit.But non members can pay to get in anyway.

I am a registered Republican so I can vote in the Republican Primary. My state does not have open primaries.

What do you get ?

Do they? I remember in 2010 the Labour Party members voted for David Milliband.

I can't stand the two major political parties and so I indicate my rejection of them by registering as:

1709657708278.png

Depends on the state. In some states you can only vote in a party's primary if you're registered to that party.

George Washington addresses "Political Parties" and he nailed it:

"However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion."

FAREWELL ADDRESS | SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 1796​

What is terrible, is there are plenty on this forum that will defend our current two party system regardless of how it is splitting this country apart.

The failure of having voices that can speak to middle ground, bipartisan solutions is devastating our country.

Interesting anecdote: Friend on FB, posts how they hate how much they pay in taxes. But regularly posts about left leaning or left policies. The social issues you vote for and support is the same party that wants big gov't and wants to tax you more and more. But they are to dumb to realize or recognize it.

George Washington addresses "Political Parties" and he nailed it:

"However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion."

FAREWELL ADDRESS | SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 1796​

What is terrible, is there are plenty on this forum that will defend our current two party system regardless of how it is splitting this country apart.

The failure of having voices that can speak to middle ground, bipartisan solutions is devastating our country.

Interesting anecdote: Friend on FB, posts how they hate how much they pay in taxes. But regularly posts about left leaning or left policies. The social issues you vote for and support is the same party that wants big gov't and wants to tax you more and more. But they are to dumb to realize or recognize it.
Who defends the two party system?

Not in any party. These days I most often hold my nose and vote Democratic. Always look for the most independent and rational thinkers and actors. I contribute to voter reform efforts to help independents as in www.fairvote.org .

What does joining get you? Besides a chance to vote in primaries (which can at times be useful and important in helping get tough reformers a chance) it offers just a sense of group identity for most.

Very different if you are a businessman, real estate developer, or aspiring to an elected judgeship or a local appointed office.

For these types, depending on in which state or county you live, contributing to a party your time or money can be essential for getting ahead, making contacts, both in the government bureaucracy and in other areas. Want to open a new housing development? Condemn some land for easy purchase? Something bigger? You need to be hooked up to lobbyists, and making a few political contributions (sometimes to both sides) helps.

Politics is expensive and even rising honest politicians need money and organizational help to win, so they always need volunteers too. You can volunteer at any level and work hard, maybe even feel good for awhile, but in the end it is a frustrating business if you are not in it for your own benefit somehow, especially if you are naive and expect to make a difference.

Last edited:
Not in any party. These days I most often hold my nose and vote Democratic. Always look for the most independent and rational thinkers and actors. I contribute to voter reform efforts to help independents as in www.fairvote.org .

What does joining get you? Besides a chance to vote in primaries (which can at times be useful and important in helping get tough reformers a chance) it offers just a sense of group identity for most.

Very different if you are a businessman, real estate developer, or aspiring to an elected judgeship or a local appointed office.

For these types, depending on in which state or county you live, contributing to a party your time or money can be essential for getting ahead, making contacts, both in the government bureaucracy and in other areas. Want to open a new housing development? Condemn some land for easy purchase? Something bigger? You need to be hooked up to lobbyists, and making a few political contributions (sometimes to both sides) helps.

Politics is expensive and even rising honest politicians need money and organizational help to win, so they always need volunteers too. You can volunteer at any level and work hard, maybe even feel good for awhile, but in the end it is a frustrating business if you are not in it for your own benefit somehow, especially if you are naive and expect to make a difference.
Stop doing that. It’s dumb.

Forum List

Back