Are You a Conservative, Liberal, or Other?

Are You Conservative, Liberal, or other?

• Conservative

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Liberal

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I once was a very liberal Democrat. Then I matured and gained wisdom. :salute: Now I am definitely a social conservative, a somewhat fiscal conservative, with liberal leanings for environmental, animal, and a few other issues.

Despite having some liberal views, I would never consider choosing "Other". Other than true Independents like Kurtsprincess, if most people are honest they know they are at their core fundamentally liberal or fundamentally conservative.

And that, I believe, is the spirit in which this poll should be taken, not in splitting hairs to sound moderate or to disprove Pale's point.

Abbey Normal said:
I once was a very liberal Democrat. Then I matured and gained wisdom. :salute: Now I am definitely a social conservative, a somewhat fiscal conservative, with liberal leanings for environmental, animal, and a few other issues.

Despite having some liberal views, I would never consider choosing "Other". Other than true Independents like Kurtsprincess, if most people are honest they know they are at their core fundamentally liberal or fundamentally conservative.

And that, I believe, is the spirit in which this poll should be taken, not in splitting hairs to sound moderate or to disprove Pale's point.

Ah but Abbey, some 'real' conservatives say that I'm too pc. :laugh: I chose other, on the basis of local vote-all politics is local, which means we are in serious trouble here in this state.

Abbey Normal said:

I'll admit I was liberal in my younger days as well Abby. The turning point for me was when I joined the military. It got me interested in politics. I soon found out who took care of me as a G.I. and who didn't. No need to expound on that. We all know what party the military haters are.

Kathianne said:
Ah but Abbey, some 'real' conservatives say that I'm too pc. :laugh: I chose other, on the basis of local vote-all politics is local, which means we are in serious trouble here in this state.

Well, you do surprise me sometimes. :D
Most of us don't fall neatly into any one category. I just think that Pale is trying to see how people generally see themselves.

Pale Rider said:
I'll admit I was liberal in my younger days as well Abby. The turning point for me was when I joined the military. It got me interested in politics. I soon found out who took care of me as a G.I. and who didn't. No need to expound on that. We all know what party the military haters are.

If we didn't, Michael Moore and Cindy Sheehan helped us figure it out. ;)

So far the ones that have picked "other" I believe have been pretty honest, with the only exception being Clay. I think he's much more liberal than admitting.

Not picking on you Clay. That's just the way I see it. If you're around long enough, you'll have ample opportunities to prove me wrong.

Abbey Normal said:
Well, you do surprise me sometimes. :D
Most of us don't fall neatly into any one category. I just think that Pale is trying to see how people generally see themselves.

I guess ultimately I don't see how anyone that seriously reads and thinks can choose a less than conservative philosophy. However, that doesn't mean that there aren't disagreements on what are certain 'conservative' points. I certainly wish GW was more conservative fiscally and on some other issues.

I'm not an isolationist, nor into empire building. :laugh:

Abbey Normal said:
Lots of talk of brooms here lately. Just thought I'd point that out.

I think someone was trying to insult me, I don't know :dunno: things like that just fly right over my head! :laugh:

Pale Rider said:
So far the ones that have picked "other" I believe have been pretty honest, with the only exception being Clay. I think he's much more liberal than admitting.

Not picking on you Clay. That's just the way I see it. If you're around long enough, you'll have ample opportunities to prove me wrong.

That's cool. I didn't mean anyone in particular who had voted. I am just surprised that we have zero liberal votes, as that is not reflective of my experience on the board lately. ;)

Kathianne said:
I guess ultimately I don't see how anyone that seriously reads and thinks can choose a less than conservative philosophy. However, that doesn't mean that there aren't disagreements on what are certain 'conservative' points. I certainly wish GW was more conservative fiscally and on some other issues.

I'm not an isolationist, nor into empire building. :laugh:

Boy isn't that the truth! I've not seen one politician that didn't spend like a drunken sailor once they got elected, even if they did promise to CUT spending.

I don't think I could think of a more GREEDY entity than government.

MissileMan said:
Went with other since I don't agree on every issue with other conservatives.

DUde. You're a lib. See what I mean guys. Liberals are fundamentally dishonest.

Pale Rider said:

It's ok; if you want to think of me as a liberal, it doesn't really bother me much. You're certainly entitled to that opinion; it's not like I'm going to do anything different because everyone on this board calls me a liberal in denial. I get the same response when I talk to liberal friends; they think I'm much more conservative than I'm admitting.

I probably run into this because a 5 page debate on a difference in opinion stands out a lot more than 1 or 2 posts that say "I agree."

I think Michael Moore is an idiot, I don't believe a lick of F9-11. Cindy Sheehan is out of her mind, and I feel sorry for her. I don't think she's evil, I think she ran into the wrong people at the wrong point of her grieving process. I think she'll be very embarrassed of herself 5 or 10 years down the road. I don't agree with the way welfare in this country works, I hate the entitlement mentality many people have grown accustomed to, and I actually watch Fox News about 10-1 as compared to CNN.

In general, I'm not really impressed by much when it comes to politicians. "Representation of the people" is becoming more and more of a joke, I feel.

rtwngAvngr said:
DUde. You're a lib. See what I mean guys. Liberals are fundamentally dishonest.

I'd consider him a liberal too RWA. He's not fooling anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back