Zone1 Are White Actors and Actresses Not Allowed to Act Anymore?

The woke left make it sound like blacks actors never worked period. There have been many blacks casted programs. With black leads. The Jeffersons,Sanford and Son,Julia,Good Times,Whats Happening,The Cosby show ( and it’s spin off), Living Single,Martin,Family Matters etc…

Plus lots of shows with popular black cast members. Star Trek,Starsky and Hutch,Manix,Magnum PI,All In The Family ,Walker,Matlock,Dynasty name a few.

There has always been diversity in Movies and TV.
Did you know that the recently departed Nichelle Nichols along with William Shatner had the first interracial kiss on t.v?

It wad in an episode where a tyranical midget alien forced them to do it, so this was really an episode that had everything.

The woke left make it sound like blacks actors never worked period. There have been many blacks casted programs. With black leads. The Jeffersons,Sanford and Son,Julia,Good Times,Whats Happening,The Cosby show ( and it’s spin off), Living Single,Martin,Family Matters etc…

Plus lots of shows with popular black cast members. Star Trek,Starsky and Hutch,Manix,Magnum PI,All In The Family ,Walker,Matlock,Dynasty name a few.

There has always been diversity in Movies and TV.
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner? :D

Did you know that the recently departed Nichelle Nichols along with William Shatner had the first interracial kiss on t.v?

It wad in an episode where a tyranical midget alien forced them to do it, so this was really an episode that had everything.
Deep Space Nine also had two Trill characters that could be considered transgender. They even explored ones past relationship when they were a man either married to or dating a woman ( can’t remember exactly was awhile ago that I saw it).

Millennials and Gen Z are so arrogant to think they are the first to think/ experience anything.

Wasn’t Nichelle Nichols also in another series prior to Star Trek?

He had the audacity to have Lawrence Fishbourne play a Moor.
He also had an African American play an italian in Romeo, but then again the audacity of having English doods play Italians appears to be just fine.
Thank God I never saw that Romeo! It must have come out after we did that one. We went through every staging of all the plays. Was Branagh really the one who had Lawrence Fishbourne do Othello?? That was seriously great. I loved that one, not to encourage Branagh. The atrocity he made of As You Like It ----- I have to stop talking about that now. I'll just say he set it in Japan, I suppose as a reference to Swift, who viewed Japan as the ends of the Earth, which I suppose it is, in a way.

However, he did ONE black casting that was interesting and arguable and made me think. Branagh played Benedick and his then-wife Emma Thompson played Beatrice in Much Ado About Nothing, which has two ducal brothers warring. But one of them is black ----- because of course, the father duke had a black concubine. Now, that was actually plausible though Shakespeare does not have race in the play: and it was set in southern Italy, IIRC. It worked in the play, which wasn't mainly about them anyway. So I am less upset -- okay, NOT upset --about smaller parts being multiethnic if and only if they are plausible.

Last edited:
Kurasawa's interpretation of Shakespeare must make you guys' heads explode.
I saw Throne of Blood. It's not the same thing at all as casting blacks in parts they don't belong in. Throne of Blood was Macbeth totally retold from a Japanese point of view, entirely Japanese and coherent culturally. And it was brilliant. It had nothing to do with us: it was entirely for the Japanese.

Thank God I never saw that Romeo! It must have come out after we did that one. We went through every staging of all the plays. Was Branagh really the one who had Lawrence Fishbourne do Othello?? That was seriously great. I loved that one, not to encourage Branagh. The atrocity he made of As You Like It ----- I have to stop talking about that now. I'll just say he set it in Japan, I suppose as a reference to Swift, who viewed Japan as the ends of the Earth, which I suppose it is, in a way.

However, he did ONE black casting that was interesting and arguable and made me think. Branagh played Benedick and his then-wife Emma Thompson played Beatrice in Much Ado About Nothing, which has two ducal brothers warring. But one of them is black ----- because of course, the father duke had a black concubine. Now, that was actually plausible though Shakespeare does not have race in the play: and it was set in southern Italy, IIRC. It worked in the play, which wasn't mainly about them anyway. So I am less upset about smaller parts being multiethnic if and only if they are plausible.
Any race or oh geez.."sexual preference" (do NOT want to get into the "72 gender" thing) for any role is OK as long as it's plausible. When they cast impossible things it's bullshit.

They are hiring all the wokesters straight out of college with zero life experience except sitting around coffee shops bitching about how bad they have it. Zzzz
Tell me about it! I hate having to compete with these kids. I'm putting the finishing touches on my screenplay for "Coal Black and the Seven Vertically Impaired Victims of a Heightest Society" and I hope none of them beat me to the punch.

If so, it's "Dreadlocks and the Three Indigenous Ursines" for me.

There's a new slasher movie, "They/Them", that positions trans kids at a deprogramming camp as the victims. Kevin Bacon is the villain. It must be hilarious.

View attachment 679280
I thought you were making that up ----- I wonder if Amazon has it.

I know, I know, I'll hate it -----

I looked it up. It's just out Aug. 5, in theaters (?). The trailer had NO violence or even any scary masked character. Some pretty unwholesome looking teens, though.

Well, if it goes straight to streaming free, I might look at it for a few minutes; I always liked Kevin Bacon.

Or I could just watch Tremors again.

Last edited:
Tell me about it! I hate having to compete with these kids. I'm putting the finishing touches on my screenplay for "Coal Black and the Seven Vertically Impaired Victims of a Heightest Society" and I hope none of them beat me to the punch.

If so, it's "Dreadlocks and the Three Indigenous Ursines" for me.
Make sure they all just sit around telling their sad tale via other interaction at a desk or table instead of actually showing you the drama in real time. Always so much more interesting.

I saw Throne of Blood. It's not the same thing at all as casting blacks in parts they don't belong in. Throne of Blood was Macbeth totally retold from a Japanese point of view, entirely Japanese and coherent culturally. And it was brilliant. It had nothing to do with us: it was entirely for the Japanese.
Ran, its epic. I highly recommend.

The vast majority of roles have been “traditionally“ white. So I guess I would say are black actors only allowed to play “traditionally” black roles? Honestly I think we need to look past what race/ethnicity plays what role and just appreciate good acting.

But there are exceptions. Some roles demand a particular race/ethnicity, but I don’t think this is one of them. She IS stunningly beautiful, I will agree. :)

Last year, the three part series "Anne Boleyn" was cast with a black woman, Jodie Turner-Smith, in the lead role.

Some people are actually so stupid they can't recognize the problem this presents.

Anne Boleyn was a white woman. This is not up for debate. We know this. The problem is in presenting something historical as some sort of bullshit fantasy wet dream for the woke crowd by altering the historical facts to fit an agenda.

Boleyn should only ever be portrayed by a white woman. Why? Because Boleyn was a white woman. If such a thing should be permitted to escape scrutiny, one can only imagine what idiocy the woke dipshits will come up with next. Eddie Murphy portraying Adolf Hitler? Denzel Washington starring as Napoleon Bonaparte?

When "The Wiz" opened on Broadway in 1974, some people took issue with the entire cast being black. I guess I can see why purists would be pissed, but at the end of the day we're talking about a talking scarecrow and a dead witch. While one could argue "tradition", it can't really be argued that the "tradition' of an all-white cast could ever have some lasting, meaningful societal impact to the degree that anything else would be detrimental.

I have no problem with a black actress starring in the role of a mermaid. Seriously, I can't imagine ever giving a shit about that. But when a person of history is portrayed, that portrayal should be as accurate as possible, otherwise it's simply not historical at all, regardless how much the producers believe it is...

I thought you were making that up ----- I wonder if Amazon has it.

I know, I know, I'll hate it -----

I looked it up. It's just out Aug. 5, in theaters (?). The trailer had NO violence or even any scary masked character. Some pretty unwholesome looking teens, though.

Well, if it goes straight to streaming free, I might look at it for a few minutes; I always liked Kevin Bacon.

Or I could just watch Tremors again.
I know someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows Kevin Bacon! Just saying….

Last year, the three part series "Anne Boleyn" was cast with a black woman, Jodie Turner-Smith, in the lead role.

Some people are actually so stupid they can't recognize the problem this presents.

Anne Boleyn was a white woman. This is not up for debate. We know this. The problem is in presenting something historical as some sort of bullshit fantasy wet dream for the woke crowd by altering the historical facts to fit an agenda.

Boleyn should only ever be portrayed by a white woman. Why? Because Boleyn was a white woman. If such a thing should be permitted to escape scrutiny, one can only imagine what idiocy the woke dipshits will come up with next. Eddie Murphy portraying Adolf Hitler? Denzel Washington starring as Napoleon Bonaparte?

When "The Wiz" opened on Broadway in 1974, some people took issue with the entire cast being black. I guess I can see why purists would be pissed, but at the end of the day we're talking about a talking scarecrow and a dead witch. While one could argue "tradition", it can't really be argued that the "tradition' of an all-white cast could ever have some lasting, meaningful societal impact to the degree that anything else would be detrimental.

I have no problem with a black actress starring in the role of a mermaid. Seriously, I can't imagine ever giving a shit about that. But when a person of history is portrayed, that portrayal should be as accurate as possible, otherwise it's simply not historical at all, regardless how much the producers believe it is...
Surely Denzel is a little tall for Napoleon? Who is that little black guy who always stars with The Rock --- he might work. Kevin Hart.

But seriously --- yeah, good reasoning about historical personages, don't cast them wildly different from what they were: a black Anne Boleyn, a tall Napoleon, and an athletic Franklin Delano Roosevelt who used to run laps around the White House every morning ----- something very wrong there, what is it, what is it?

The issue of casting something ALL black is interesting. I LOVED The Wiz, still play it. I like it better than the original (just call me Evalene). But I liked Green Pastures, too. Nobody? Nothing clicks? Hmmmmm, I may be dating myself here, never mind Green Pastures. The scarecrow in The Wiz was Michael Jackson, his first role, when he was still black and more-or-less male AND he moonwalked!

I wonder how I'd feel about a wholly black Midsummer Night's Dream or Othello all-black except the title role played by a white? Huh.

I suppose the weirdness going on right now is half Woke defensiveness and half hope for a clickbait curiosity. It definitely isn't art.

I wasn't aware that Hamilton was not white.
Not so much.

1660589732843.png

Forum List

Back