Are Unions people?

I was forced to join a union once in the right to work state of Cornholes™,

i mean Ohio

6 months later the USAF told the whole bunch to drop dead, fired the lot of us.

Our pay went down cause of the dues then we all lost our jobs

My fellow dumb asses had no idea why, i got out of that State ASAP!

Unions are just modern day group homes for the terminally worthless imho.

An yup, i never forgot being told the right to work was just for Unions, not people.

And now today, i get to get revenge, drop dead UNIONs!!

Thats the way im voting, and i wont be alone, turns out you have pissed off enough people to put ya'll out of "business"

Now squeal like piggies on command by your union thugs at public events,

see what happens now.

:clap2:

Corporations are people.... good or bad. Unions are card carrying, dues paying, hood winked lemmings.

Just like political party's?

No, political parties don't force you to pay up and join, nor do they prevent you from working.

Bullshit. Unions don't either. Unions make up 7% of the workforce in this country, most of which is in the Public Sector. There's no law saying you have to work for a Union shop... go to the other 93%. You know if they are union before you apply. So shove that strawman up you ass.

To answer the question... No Unions aren't people, neither are corporations, and neither of them should be allowed to collectively donate money to campaigns. I'll tell you what, when there's transparency in these "SUPER PACS" and when Corporations stop doing it, you let me know... then I'll start bitching about Unions. OK?

BS, my shop went UNion and i had to join to keep my job i had before there was a union there.

Not forced? Right to work laws force people to join, load of crap from a liberal again

Is it any wonder you people are doomed!

I can not stand unions especially in the public sector. They have no place in our schools , our police , fire dept !! If you work for the public you can not STRIKE period.. .Just like in the military they can not strike if they dont like what they get paid. Choose your rate choose your fate is the saying you get in the military!

BoycottTheDay, I repped you for this thread. I've never looked at the issue that way, but damn is that the perfect question. If we shouldn't bail out corporations, then we shouldn't bail out unions either. If we should raise taxes on corporations, then we should raise them on unions too.

Just like the union supposedly secures and protects the union man's job, the corporation provides, secures and protects the rest of us in our employment. Except instead of union thuggery, the corporations do it by competition, by beating out the other companies, by being more profitable, by firing the weak links in order to provide more for the good employees.

However, I for one believe corporations....and unions...are people. But also people is the Army. Or the police department. Or the NFL football team near you. Anything that is started by people, maintained by people, and can be ended by people, well, is people.

It's not singular, mostly. So one can't say a "corporation is person" or a union is him. By plural, sure. They are all people, and all deserve a voice. Unfortunately, the union voices are bankrupting our nation.

I can not stand unions especially in the public sector. They have no place in our schools , our police , fire dept !! If you work for the public you can not STRIKE period.. .Just like in the military they can not strike if they dont like what they get paid. Choose your rate choose your fate is the saying you get in the military!

I've always wondered why the military can't unionize, but cops can. They say the military can't because then troops could unionize to disobey orders. But aren't cops taking orders also? What if the police union wants to no longer do high risk arrest warrants? They are ordered to, but the union tells them to stop doing it? The public suffers.

I was a member of one of those, btw, in the 90's. Was.......eye opening to say the least.

WHo didnt love the unions in Wisconsin getting kicked squarely in the balls this week??!!!:up::boobies::boobies::boobies:

4e42096f67275_image.jpg

I grew up in a Union Household, but Unions lost their way a long time ago, which is why there's no real enthusiasm for continuing them. Most Americans think (rightly or wrongly) that they are saavy enough to guide their own careers and advance on their own merits, and they see the union slug who just does his bare minimum because he can't be fired as a hinderence, not a help.

The Wisconsin fight is a great example. Wisconsin was one of the most progressive states out there. Yet even they voted to strip unions of most of their rights, and the Unions threw everything but the kitchen sink at that state and failed to overturn that. Other states like NJ, MA, MI quietly did the same thing, but WI is where they got the most attention- and failed.

I've always wondered why the military can't unionize, but cops can. They say the military can't because then troops could unionize to disobey orders. But aren't cops taking orders also? What if the police union wants to no longer do high risk arrest warrants? They are ordered to, but the union tells them to stop doing it? The public suffers.

I was a member of one of those, btw, in the 90's. Was.......eye opening to say the least.
military cant unionize because if they do any nation can come in here to attack us. Its a federal thing. I am pretty sure you cant unionize in federal jobs. If the military up and leaves they go to Levonworth for being AWOL..

Look for the union label
when you are buying that coat, dress or blouse.

Remember somewhere our union's sewing,
our wages going to feed the kids, and run the house.

We work hard, but who's complaining?
Thanks to the I.L.G. we're paying our way!

So always look for the union label,
it says we're able to make it in the U.S.A.!

Look for the union label so you know who to sue when a tunnel of the big dig collapses on you.

http://www.boston.com/news/specials/big_dig_ceiling_collapse/

Look for the union label when a project is 700% over budget and still leaks like a sieve.

Last edited:
WHo didnt love the unions in Wisconsin getting kicked squarely in the balls this week??!!!:up::boobies::boobies::boobies:

4e42096f67275_image.jpg

They recalled 1/3 of the Republican senators they targeted and three of the four remaining Democrats lost by a hair.

Doesn't look like a great "victory" for Republicans. Looks more like, "Barely scraped by".

The real question here is what did Republicans do to cause this massive retaliation?

Just like political party's?

No, political parties don't force you to pay up and join, nor do they prevent you from working.

Bullshit. Unions don't either. Unions make up 7% of the workforce in this country, most of which is in the Public Sector. There's no law saying you have to work for a Union shop... go to the other 93%. You know if they are union before you apply. So shove that strawman up you ass.

To answer the question... No Unions aren't people, neither are corporations, and neither of them should be allowed to collectively donate money to campaigns. I'll tell you what, when there's transparency in these "SUPER PACS" and when Corporations stop doing it, you let me know... then I'll start bitching about Unions. OK?

There is no law saying you have to work for a union shop... but if the owner of a "union shop" hires you ... its the union that will force you to join if you want to work..regardless if you have been hired or not.

Simple... no dues... no job

In my book that is extortion. take that and shove it up your straw man ass.

There are open union situations where you do not have to pay union dues to work in a union job.

I have done it in the past.

Forum List

Back