Are They Serious??? Republicans are nuts!!!

I'm so glad that the GOP is focused like a laser on jobs and the economy. I wonder, how many jobs will this create?

If the people turn to God, alot of jobs will be created, because moral people with a work ethic create jobs. While people who think they are entitled to other peoples property dont.
American Taliban?

I'm so glad that the GOP is focused like a laser on jobs and the economy. I wonder, how many jobs will this create?
I admit this thing by the GOP is rather frivolous, but since you opened the door...So how is the guy in charge doing with those jobs he says he created with this $800 billion in stimulus?

You libs like to forget that it's Obama's watch.

USMB RWers...how do you respond to such ludicrousness by your reps up in Congress?

So when will you provide the link to the evidence that the republicans have spent EVERY minute of EVERY day leading up to this vote doing nothing but working on this ONE bill?

Last I checked the House has many initiatives , bills and committees all working on Numerous projects. Further they hold votes on many matters.

What I want to know is when will Harry Reid do his job and submit to committee the budget bills sent to the Senate by the House. The Senate just approved a bill spending over 180 billion dollars. They have yet to work on or approve any bill cutting spending or bringing down the deficit.

Exactly how do we pay for this new bill?

if it was good enough for the founding fathers, it is good enough for me......

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

:eusa_eh: The founding fathers went with "E pluribus unum." The "In God we Trust" was an incarnation of the 1950s.

'That they are endowed by their Creator...'
&
'With a firm reliance on the protection of divine providence'.

What document are those lines in, and who wrote it?

If the people turn to God, alot of jobs will be created, because moral people with a work ethic create jobs. While people who think they are entitled to other peoples property dont.
American Taliban?

Yeah that would be one group who thinks they are netitled to other people's property.

Very funny,shyttehead. Jobs jobs Jobs! Pfffft! Pub dupes just LOVE being screwed and cheated by their heroes, the greedy, flag and bible waving mega rich...forever. How dumb can they get?

Please...please...please....

Go to school and study this time.

&

1) Nothing that has legal bearing

2) It doesn't matter anyway, since it's not what was asserted in the first place. "In God we Trust" was never a motto of the Founding Fathers. They chose "E pluribus unum."

&

1) Nothing that has legal bearing

2) It doesn't matter anyway, since it's not what was asserted in the first place. "In God we Trust" was never a motto of the Founding Fathers. They chose "E pluribus unum."

The Declaration of Independence has no legal bearing? You might want to let the British know that.

E Pluribus Unum was chosen by the founding fathers as the motto on the seal of the US. Out of Many, One fit the image they were trying to portray... many colonies, one nation.

They also had a very strong belief in God, and I highly doubt (IMHO) that they'd have a real problem with In God We Trust. It's been on coins since the mid-1800's, and on bills since 1957 or so.

It's even in the final stanza of the Star Spangled Banner...
And this be our motto 'In God is our Trust'

seems it's been around in one form or another, many 'official forms', for a lot longer than people realize. Seems only fitting that every now and then we reaffirm it's importance to this country.

The Declaration of Independence has no legal bearing? You might want to let the British know that.

In case you didn't notice, the British sent in the military to suppress what they deemed an illegal rebellion against the Crown. What has more legal standing is the treaty of Paris, in which England granted independence to the colonies.

E Pluribus Unum was chosen by the founding fathers as the motto on the seal of the US. Out of Many, One fit the image they were trying to portray... many colonies, one nation.

Which is my point. The previous poster claimed that the "In God we Trust" motto was "good enough for the founders" but that's not actually the motto they chose. So his claim is dubious at best.

They also had a very strong belief in God

Some, yes, though many not necessarily the same God that you might believe in. I doubt they believed in the God I worship.

and I highly doubt (IMHO) that they'd have a real problem with In God We Trust. It's been on coins since the mid-1800's, and on bills since 1957 or so.

By that time the founders were gone. Pretty impossible to base your claim on something that happened after they were all dead.

It's even in the final stanza of the Star Spangled Banner...
And this be our motto 'In God is our Trust'

And what does that have to do with the founders? "Defense of Ft. Henry" was a poem written by a POW who witnessed a battle during the War of 1812. Key was not a founder. His poem, put to music, became a popular patriotic hymn in the general populace, much like the song "God bless the USA" is in modern times. The song was not given any kind of recognition by the government until over a half century later. The founders had nothing to do with any of it.

seems it's been around in one form or another, many 'official forms', for a lot longer than people realize.

All you've done is show that it's part of the final verse of the Star Spangled Banner, a verse which is scarcely ever employed when rendering the national anthem. So you have one official form, which in practice just barely exists. And it still does not go back to the founders.

Seems only fitting that every now and then we reaffirm it's importance to this country.

What seems fitting is that the legislature not waste its time on things that are already established when there's much more important work to be done. Even if everyone woke up tomorrow and had their memories erased as to the national motto, it would, in fact, be of no importance to our country. We would still get along just fine.

The house GOP hasn't done shit

and all the success they have had in moving the debate in their direction has been because of the Tea Party.

If it wasn't a complete fuck like Boehner as speaker a lot of good could happen for the country.

Boehner is a joke, just like Pelosi and Reed.

Feel good silliness.

We have real problems to contend with and now is not the time to play these games.

Well, if it's got the lefts panties in a bunch, I'm all for it..:lol:

I just wonder HOW MANY threads we are going to have on THIS ONE..

Exactly!

Why does it have the lefties panties in a bunch?

I also noticed the few that voted against it, WERE ALL DEMOCRATS!

I don't see libs starting threads about giving some one five years in jail for selling "fake maple syrup."

I mean we could say, "with all the problems we have, they focus on maple syrup?"

But, I don't see one lib having a fit about that.

BUT YOU BRING UP IN GOD WE TRUST, and they are out for blood.

It's just classic.

I love it!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

fail

You do realize that saying "fail" doesn't refute a thing I said or even address anything right?

You do realize that telling people to put their faith in God to help them find work is not a realistic jobs proposal....right?

I admit this thing by the GOP is rather frivolous, but since you opened the door...So how is the guy in charge doing with those jobs he says he created with this $800 billion in stimulus?

You libs like to forget that it's Obama's watch.

You cons like to forget that you control one house of congress and therefore have an obligation to govern.

Forum List

Back