Are They Serious??? Republicans are nuts!!!

Rinata

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
GOP: 'In God We Trust' bill needed to remind President Obama

The Republican sponsor of a resolution reaffirming that "In God We Trust" is the national motto of the U.S. said his legislation is needed because President Obama and other public officials often forget that designation. The House is expected to vote on the resolution at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) was the only Democrat speaker, and said Republicans were turning to the resolution in order to dodge more important issues such as job creation.

"Why have my Republican friends returned to an irrelevant agenda?" he asked, noting that voters want Congress to focus on jobs. "And yet here we are, back to irrelevant issue debates, the kind of thing people do when they have run out of ideas, when they have run out of excuses, when they have nothing to offer a middle class that is hurting and that has run out of patience."

Nadler stressed that the national motto is not under attack, and said the resolution appears to be an attempt by Republicans to look more religious that others.

"This is simply an exercise in saying, we're more religious than the other people, we're more godly than the other people, and by the way, let's waste time and divert people's attention from the real issues that we're not dealing with, like unemployment," he said.

The House is expected to vote on the resolution at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.

GOP: 'In God We Trust' bill needed to remind President Obama - The Hill's Floor Action

I am beginning to think that anybody that supports the GOP is nuts, too. For real. With all of the important issues that needs attention, this is what they come up with??

USMB RWers...how do you respond to such ludicrousness by your reps up in Congress?

if it was good enough for the founding fathers, it is good enough for me......

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

Well, if it's got the lefts panties in a bunch, I'm all for it..:lol:

I just wonder HOW MANY threads we are going to have on THIS ONE..

Very funny,shyttehead. Jobs jobs Jobs! Pfffft! Pub dupes just LOVE being screwed and cheated by their heroes, the greedy, flag and bible waving mega rich...forever. How dumb can they get?

Last edited:
I'm so glad that the GOP is focused like a laser on jobs and the economy. I wonder, how many jobs will this create?

Last edited:
"Why have my Republican friends returned to an irrelevant agenda?"

Returned? They never left.

"This is simply an exercise in saying, we're more religious than the other people, we're more godly than the other people, and by the way, let's waste time and divert people's attention from the real issues that we're not dealing with, like unemployment," he said.

Indeed.

I'm so glad that the GOP is focused like a laser on jobs and the economy. I wonder, how many jobs will this create?

If the people turn to God, alot of jobs will be created, because moral people with a work ethic create jobs. While people who think they are entitled to other peoples property dont.

If the people turn to God, alot of jobs will be created, because moral people with a work ethic create jobs. While people who think they are entitled to other peoples property dont.

fail

"Instead of working to help American families keep a roof over their heads and food on their tables, we are debating whether or not to affirm and proliferate a motto that was adopted in 1956 and that is not imperiled in any respect," the report said.

The Democrats also argued the bill "creates unnecessary and excessive government entanglement with religion."

House to vote on "In God We Trust" motto - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Republicans are nuts. That much is obvious. USMB Republicans are further proof.

Why has the Dem Senate blocked job bills passed in the House?

15 Real Jobs Bills Stalled in the Senate | FreedomWorks

The House hasn't passed any 'jobs' bills. They've passed right-wing dream bills that they know Dems will never support. They seem to think that they should get everything they want and give nothing in return.

"When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I'm pretty happy."

ABC_TOPLINE_CRY_101213_wg.jpg

Poor guy :(

Forum List

Back