Are They Serious??? Republicans are nuts!!!

GOP: 'In God We Trust' bill needed to remind President Obama

The Republican sponsor of a resolution reaffirming that "In God We Trust" is the national motto of the U.S. said his legislation is needed because President Obama and other public officials often forget that designation. The House is expected to vote on the resolution at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) was the only Democrat speaker, and said Republicans were turning to the resolution in order to dodge more important issues such as job creation.

"Why have my Republican friends returned to an irrelevant agenda?" he asked, noting that voters want Congress to focus on jobs. "And yet here we are, back to irrelevant issue debates, the kind of thing people do when they have run out of ideas, when they have run out of excuses, when they have nothing to offer a middle class that is hurting and that has run out of patience."

Nadler stressed that the national motto is not under attack, and said the resolution appears to be an attempt by Republicans to look more religious that others.

"This is simply an exercise in saying, we're more religious than the other people, we're more godly than the other people, and by the way, let's waste time and divert people's attention from the real issues that we're not dealing with, like unemployment," he said.

The House is expected to vote on the resolution at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.

GOP: 'In God We Trust' bill needed to remind President Obama - The Hill's Floor Action

I am beginning to think that anybody that supports the GOP is nuts, too. For real. With all of the important issues that needs attention, this is what they come up with??

When will you get off of Obama's nuts ?...... :eusa_whistle:

When will you quit talking like a no class idiot???

two things to remember.

Obama is not god.

And we don't trust him.

Two things to remember:

This is a waste of time and it will not create any jobs.

The GOP controlled House has been in office for 300 days and STILL not one fucking jobs bill has been created and sent to the Senate.

I guess marriage rights, abortion, and nonsense like this is more important to their consituients than actual jobs for American citizens.

Oh wait............almost forgot.............the reason the GOP won't pass a jobs bill is because if people got back to work, it would blow their agenda of making Obama a one term president.

Shakles, is there a site that gives an assessment of both sides of the argument for these bills?

Are the bills being held up because the Democrats oppose them?
If so, I'd be interested in their reasons why.

H.R. 1230: Restarting American Offshore Leasing Now Act (GovTrack.us)

H.R. 1231: Reversing President Obama's Offshore Moratorium Act (GovTrack.us)

Cheers Shakles...are the Democrats arguing against?
If so, on what basis?

Perhaps ABikerSailor, C_Clayton_Jones, JosefK, or even Rinata might explain why Harry Reed is just simply sitting on these bills when they can create jobs? I have only quickly just stumbled across these three bills on an initial search, I haven't even gone deeper to see just how many are out there in limbo on the Senate floor. Just how many jobs bills have the Senate Democrats passed?

Last edited:

Perhaps ABikerSailor, C_Clayton_Jones, JosefK, or even Rinata might explain why Harry Reed is just simply sitting on these bills when they can create jobs? I have only quickly just stumbled across these three bills on an initial search, I haven't even gone deeper to see just how many are out there in limbo on the Senate floor. Just how many jobs bills have the Senate Democrats passed?

It would be interesting to get a dispassionate assessment beyond "Obama is trying to destroy America".
It isn't easy to cut through all the knee-jerk partisan comment on the interweb though.

Cheers Shakles...are the Democrats arguing against?
If so, on what basis?

It would be interesting to get a dispassionate assessment beyond "Obama is trying to destroy America".
It isn't easy to cut through all the knee-jerk partisan comment on the interweb though.

These look quite good.

CQ | Energy Debate Carries Political Risk
Democrats are bringing to the floor a bill that would end some tax breaks for the five largest oil companies, and Republicans will counter with a measure to boost domestic fuel production.

Each measure reflects well-established partisan positions: Democrats want to spark a shift to renewable energy, while the Republicans want to increase the supply of fossil fuels. Neither approach can attract the 60 votes needed to overcome objections from the other side, which would prolong a stalemate on energy policy.

The debate will likely be a proxy battle for how each party will address high gasoline prices, tax policy and the fight over the budget deficit.

House approves bill requiring offshore oil drilling lease sales - The Hill's Floor Action
Members approved the bill in a 266-149 vote. While several Democrats objected to the bill on the House floor, 33 Democrats supported it in the final vote, and only two Republicans voted against it.

Republicans cast the bill as an attempt to force the Obama administration to act on the lease sales, which they said would begin to help lower rising energy prices. While Democrats argued that the bill would do nothing to immediately lower prices, House Natural Resources Committee Chairman Doc Hastings (R-Wash.) said it is important to send the market a signal that the U.S. is resuming energy exploration.

"When America ended the moratorium on offshore drilling, the prices went down," Hastings said. "It has never been explained by the other side, but it's pretty darn obvious. When you send a signal to the markets that you're serious about becoming less dependent on foreign energy, the markets respond."

Democrats dismissed these arguments.

"Somehow the hard-pressed commuters and consumers of gasoline in this country are supposed to believe that if today we unleashed all possibility of oil drilling, gas drilling [in the] offshore continental United States, we're going to be producing barrels of oil. False," Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.) said. "We're going to reduce the price of oil today. Equally false."

Connolly said to the contrary that there is "plenty of evidence" that oil prices are inelastic. "Driving is down, demand is down, supply is up, but so are prices," he said.

Democrats also argued that the bill would allow for environmentally unsafe drilling, because it would deem as sufficient an older environmental impact statement (EIS) for future projects. Democrats said this ignores the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico last year, but Republicans argued that the bill requires other environmental studies to take place before any drilling can begin.

Obama: God wants us to put people back to work

Why don't you ask Reid and Obama why those 20 job creating bills are sitting on Reid desk, gathering dust?

Because that would mean acknowledging that the GOP has produced jobs bills, and you can't grasp that concept since it goes against the Democratic talking points you've memorized.

They haven't produced any jobs bills. They've sent over right-wing dream bills that they know Dems won't support. Big difference.

Here are three Republican Bills that would immediately create jobs, that have passed the House and are awaiting a Senate vote from Harry Reed. What have the Democrats passed in the Senate? Seems Harry Reed can't even keep his own party together long enough to pass Obama's 'American Jobs Act'. I thought the Democrats were serious about jobs?

The Reversing President Obama’s Offshore Moratorium Act (H.R. 1231) would lift the President’s ban on new offshore drilling by requiring the Administration to move forward in the 2012-2017 lease plan with energy production in areas containing the most oil and natural gas resources.
- Passed the House of Representatives on 5/12/2011 with a bipartisan vote of 243 to 179.

The Restarting American Offshore Leasing Now Act (H.R. 1230) would require the Obama Administration to move forward promptly to conduct offshore lease sales in the Gulf of Mexico and offshore Virginia that the Obama Administration has delayed or canceled.
- Passed the House of Representatives on 5/5/2011 with a bipartisan vote of 266 to 149.

The Putting the Gulf Back to Work Act (H.R. 1229) would end the Obama Administration’s de facto moratorium in the Gulf of Mexico in a safe, responsible, transparent manner by setting firm time-lines for considering permits to drill, which provide certainty and allow employers and workers to get back on the job.
- Passed the House of Representatives on 5/11/2011 with a bipartisan vote of 263 to 163.
House Republicans' American Energy Initiative - House Committee on Natural Resources
The democrats cannot pass these or any other energy bill because it would anger Obama.
With democrats, there is 'no such thing as going against your president's wishes'.
Obama has done everything he can to scuttle the US based energy industry. Obama is convinced HE is an energy revolutionary. HE has decided that there will be no more fossil fuel advancement, exploration or construction. Obama has an agenda to make energy as expensive as possible.

USMB RWers...how do you respond to such ludicrousness by your reps up in Congress?

If it was my rep in congress, I'd be pleased he wasn't spending much money on the issue.

Obviously........you'd rather that the jobs were shipped off to other countries.

Just so you can increase the bottom line.

Turn off your heat and air conditioning and grab a sewing machine if you want a job that was "shipped off to other countries:" I need 10,000 Sexy Santa's Helper costumes ready to deliver next week.

GOP: 'In God We Trust' bill needed to remind President Obama

The Republican sponsor of a resolution reaffirming that "In God We Trust" is the national motto of the U.S. said his legislation is needed because President Obama and other public officials often forget that designation. The House is expected to vote on the resolution at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) was the only Democrat speaker, and said Republicans were turning to the resolution in order to dodge more important issues such as job creation.

"Why have my Republican friends returned to an irrelevant agenda?" he asked, noting that voters want Congress to focus on jobs. "And yet here we are, back to irrelevant issue debates, the kind of thing people do when they have run out of ideas, when they have run out of excuses, when they have nothing to offer a middle class that is hurting and that has run out of patience."

Nadler stressed that the national motto is not under attack, and said the resolution appears to be an attempt by Republicans to look more religious that others.

"This is simply an exercise in saying, we're more religious than the other people, we're more godly than the other people, and by the way, let's waste time and divert people's attention from the real issues that we're not dealing with, like unemployment," he said.

The House is expected to vote on the resolution at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.

GOP: 'In God We Trust' bill needed to remind President Obama - The Hill's Floor Action

I am beginning to think that anybody that supports the GOP is nuts, too. For real. With all of the important issues that needs attention, this is what they come up with??

What a wonderful way to deal with the jobs/economic issues in this country. Well done! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

I'm so glad that the GOP is focused like a laser on jobs and the economy. I wonder, how many jobs will this create?

If the people turn to God, alot of jobs will be created, because moral people with a work ethic create jobs. While people who think they are entitled to other peoples property dont.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

if it was good enough for the founding fathers, it is good enough for me......

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

:eusa_eh: The founding fathers went with "E pluribus unum." The "In God we Trust" was an incarnation of the 1950s.

'That they are endowed by their Creator...'
&
'With a firm reliance on the protection of divine providence'.

What document are those lines in, and who wrote it?

Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson....<<<<NOT a governing document.

If the people turn to God, alot of jobs will be created, because moral people with a work ethic create jobs. While people who think they are entitled to other peoples property dont.
American Taliban?

Yeah that would be one group who thinks they are netitled to other people's property.

The Taliban don't believe that at all. In fact..with the exception of the brand of religion..they have a great deal in common with the Tea Party.

Yeah that would be one group who thinks they are netitled to other people's property.

The Taliban don't believe that at all. In fact..with the exception of the brand of religion..they have a great deal in common with the Tea Party.

Sallow....... You are spending too much time drinking in Bars again??? Do you need an intervention??? :eusa_whistle:

Why? Because I accurately pointed out that the Tea Party are nothing more then theocrats? Please.

Forum List

Back