Are They Serious??? Republicans are nuts!!!

Let them vote to repeal it......get it off my money

GOP: 'In God We Trust' bill needed to remind President Obama

The Republican sponsor of a resolution reaffirming that "In God We Trust" is the national motto of the U.S. said his legislation is needed because President Obama and other public officials often forget that designation.

C'mon Repubs, you KNOW this is stupid.

The resolution passed easily Tuesday evening in a 396-9 roll-call vote. Only one Republican voted against it, along with eight Democrats.

did you "miss" this part ravi?

but of course you only call out pubs.....yawn

I'm so glad that the GOP is focused like a laser on jobs and the economy. I wonder, how many jobs will this create?

If the people turn to God, alot of jobs will be created, because moral people with a work ethic create jobs. While people who think they are entitled to other peoples property dont.

Sure - a return to the dark ages! How'd that work out economically?

If you were truly a Christian, you would disavow all property ownership and share with everyone. That's what the early Christians did.

Your concept of 'Capitalist Christianity' is fundamentally an oxymoron. You can not be both a capitalist and a Christian.

Teh republicans in congress have their priorities in order, this is much more important than jobs or overspending.

According to a TBN preacher I saw on TV a while ago if I did not send him $58 of "seed money" my debts would never be paid off.
I swear to gawd that is what he said.

GOP: 'In God We Trust' bill needed to remind President Obama

The Republican sponsor of a resolution reaffirming that "In God We Trust" is the national motto of the U.S. said his legislation is needed because President Obama and other public officials often forget that designation. The House is expected to vote on the resolution at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) was the only Democrat speaker, and said Republicans were turning to the resolution in order to dodge more important issues such as job creation.

"Why have my Republican friends returned to an irrelevant agenda?" he asked, noting that voters want Congress to focus on jobs. "And yet here we are, back to irrelevant issue debates, the kind of thing people do when they have run out of ideas, when they have run out of excuses, when they have nothing to offer a middle class that is hurting and that has run out of patience."

Nadler stressed that the national motto is not under attack, and said the resolution appears to be an attempt by Republicans to look more religious that others.

"This is simply an exercise in saying, we're more religious than the other people, we're more godly than the other people, and by the way, let's waste time and divert people's attention from the real issues that we're not dealing with, like unemployment," he said.

The House is expected to vote on the resolution at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.

GOP: 'In God We Trust' bill needed to remind President Obama - The Hill's Floor Action

I am beginning to think that anybody that supports the GOP is nuts, too. For real. With all of the important issues that needs attention, this is what they come up with??

Apparently they are. I for one am pissed. This is not what I wanted when I helped them win the house, and close the gap in the Senate 2 years ago. Fucking BS I tell you. My choices are. But ass crazy spending liberal Democrats, or asshole Republicans that pay lip Service to Fiscal Responsibility, and then pull shit like this.

Two things to remember:

Obama approval rating - 40something%

GOP congress approval - 9%

Two things to remember:

Obama's chances of wining are less than 50% according to intrade.

The gop is going to pick up more seats next week.

We have a congressional election next week?

no next year.

the point is the gop is expected to gain ground, and Obama is predicted to lose by platform of investing, where there's virtually no regulation, so high level political operatives and pollsters are free to invest, based on the inside knowledge they have...Its not a biased poll.

Last edited:
If the libtards in here think this is stupid, then they would probably chastise their Democratic friends in the House for voting for it... right? It would be hypocritical not to.

House Votes To Reaffirm 'In God We Trust' As Official U.S. Motto | Fox News
The Republican-led House approved a resolution Tuesday night to reaffirm the slogan as the country's motto and encourage the public display of it in all public buildings, public schools and other government institutions.

The resolution, introduced by Rep. Randy Forbes, R-Va., was considered under an expedited floor procedure and passed in a 396-9 vote, gaining the two-thirds required for passage.

That's 183 Democrats you need to contact with your frustration at their siding with the GOP. Get crackin, libtards :rofl:

I'm so glad that the GOP is focused like a laser on jobs and the economy. I wonder, how many jobs will this create?

If the people turn to God, alot of jobs will be created, because moral people with a work ethic create jobs. While people who think they are entitled to other peoples property dont.

fail

You do realize that saying "fail" doesn't refute a thing I said or even address anything right?

if it was good enough for the founding fathers, it is good enough for me......

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

:eusa_eh: The founding fathers went with "E pluribus unum." The "In God we Trust" was an incarnation of the 1950s.

If the libtards in here think this is stupid, then they would probably chastise their Democratic friends in the House for voting for it... right? It would be hypocritical not to.

House Votes To Reaffirm 'In God We Trust' As Official U.S. Motto | Fox News
The Republican-led House approved a resolution Tuesday night to reaffirm the slogan as the country's motto and encourage the public display of it in all public buildings, public schools and other government institutions.

The resolution, introduced by Rep. Randy Forbes, R-Va., was considered under an expedited floor procedure and passed in a 396-9 vote, gaining the two-thirds required for passage.

That's 183 Democrats you need to contact with your frustration at their siding with the GOP. Get crackin, libtards :rofl:

Damn DINO's.

We got 98% of everything we wanted. The downgrade was the 2% belonging to Obama.

Forum List

Back