Are there any patriots left?

What's a patriot then?
To me it's somebody that's proud of where they come from and proud to be associated with it.

I'm team Earth too. Team humanity. I don't share all of these doom and gloom beliefs. I think we're going to prosper as time goes on. I think humanity and life in general are miracles. I am very thankful for everything I have. A lot of you seem pretty ungrateful when you talk about the nation.

To me it's somebody that's proud of where they come from and proud to be associated with it.

Why proud?

"Patriot" is the LOVE of one's country. Not feeling proud of their country. That's two different things.

And how much of the country do you need to be proud of?

100%?

Does someone have to be proud of the excessively high murder rate to be a patriot? Do they have to love Democrats and Republicans? Do they have to love the utterly lacking in democracy FPTP political system that leads to crap politicians? Do they have to love everything?

How much do you have to love or be proud of to be a patriot?

Because it's amazing, and I get to be part of all of this. It's kind of associated with me being proud of who I am I guess.

I guess that a lot of people are proud of their country because they're not proud of themselves.

People who have done nothing with their lives can elevate themselves higher by pretending that the achievements of others are a part of them, therefore they're better than they actually are.

You still didn't answer the part about what percentage a person has to love or be proud of in order to be a "Patriot"

You still didn't answer the part about what percentage a person has to love or be proud of in order to be a "Patriot"
I'm not trying to claim some kind of authority in my understanding of patriotism. I don't really understand your angle here.

I'm not trying to claim some kind of authority in my understanding of patriotism. I don't really understand your angle here.

My angle is that the term "Patriot" is used by people who say that they're "Patriots" because they love their country.

Then they turn around and say "If you don't like it, you can leave the country."

Then they come on forums like this and they bitch about the Democrats, they bitch about black people, about Asians, they bitch about so many things.

So.... they clearly don't love their country 100%.

Beyond that, to the next point, you have JFK's don't ask what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.

For me, if you love a person, you do things for them. You don't just expect this person to do everything for you and you give them nothing back.

Do these people give back to their country? Often no, they don't. They love their country because of what their country can do for them, not what they're willing to do for their country. They'll break the laws they feel they can break, they'll litter, they'll act like they have few responsibilities to society.

Is that "patriotism"?

My angle is that the term "Patriot" is used by people who say that they're "Patriots" because they love their country.

Then they turn around and say "If you don't like it, you can leave the country."

Then they come on forums like this and they bitch about the Democrats, they bitch about black people, about Asians, they bitch about so many things.

So.... they clearly don't love their country 100%.

Beyond that, to the next point, you have JFK's don't ask what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.

For me, if you love a person, you do things for them. You don't just expect this person to do everything for you and you give them nothing back.

Do these people give back to their country? Often no, they don't. They love their country because of what their country can do for them, not what they're willing to do for their country. They'll break the laws they feel they can break, they'll litter, they'll act like they have few responsibilities to society.

Is that "patriotism"?
I'm not really worried about that. I'm doing my own shit.

You started a post about patriotism... and you can't be bothered to understand patriotism???

Well... that's fairly typical of people on this board, isn't it?
I don't think I need you to teach me what patriotism is. I just wanted to see if people would say they are one without adding a bunch of disclaimers.

You failed by the way.

I don't think I need you to teach me what patriotism is. I just wanted to see if people would say they are one without adding a bunch of disclaimers.

You failed by the way.

I'm sorry I failed to achieve the level your required. Perhaps a bunch of kindergarten kids would find it easier to reach such a low level of discussion.

I thought, for a moment, you might actually be willing to have an adult conversation.

Nope, conversation over...

I'm sorry I failed to achieve the level your required. Perhaps a bunch of kindergarten kids would find it easier to reach such a low level of discussion.

I thought, for a moment, you might actually be willing to have an adult conversation.

Nope, conversation over...
There was a time when the meaning of the term "patriot" was fairly solid and consistent.

Now, many appear to think it means "willing to destroy America's institutions on the words of an orange con man".

There was a time when the meaning of the term "patriot" was fairly solid and consistent.

Now, many appear to think it means "willing to destroy America's institutions on the words of an orange con man".
Lol. Everything reverts back to Trump.

Mostly "patriot" seems to mean to a right winger "me and anything I support"

I always thought deep loyalty was admirable. It's something about myself that I'm proud of. I'd die for my people without hesitation. I guess not everyone feels that way. Apparently unconditional love and loyalty is for dogs. In that case dogs are better than people. Lol

Dogs are better than people in most cases.

Dogs are better than people in most cases.
Many people are like dogs. Obedient to their masters. They unconditionally obey the oligarchy and believe it’s pronouncements by the controlled media, just like dogs obey their masters.

It’s certainly evident in those rabid followers of the uniparty.

Many people are like dogs. Obedient to their masters. They unconditionally obey the oligarchy and believe it’s pronouncements by the controlled media, just like dogs obey their masters.

It’s certainly evident in those rabid followers of the uniparty.

It's a binary system.

I'm not asking for your specific political opinions, or the reasons why you don't love your nation anymore. I'm looking for people that have pride and love for their nation without caveats.

larper 1.jpg

Bub...how can you love something without caveats? Makes no sense, unless you are talking about the raw land devoid of humans. Take CA...it is gorgeous if you are talking about the landscape, but the people ruin it...specifically the filthy dems.

True Patriots?

Not many me thinks. Sure, some lip service and larping. But nothing material to save America. Whenever you see some topic of discussion...always ask yourself...
will this shit save America?

reps dems can.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back