CDZ Are there any nations that can help persuade Indonesian government to free Ahok?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by grbb, May 10, 2017.

1. Picaro

Picaro Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,217
    Unlike you, he's concerned about intellectual freedom and oppression beyond his own nose, so naturally sociopaths are indeed confused about a lot of things.

2. Picaro

Picaro Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,217
  3. grbb

grbb Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Even Palestinians support Ahok.

They're not monsters. I am sure many jews know that too.

I hope they have their peace with the jews and I will strongly support whatever good fate for them

I still won't support Israel elimination and stuff. But I think it's about time they got their independence at least in economy.

4. grbb

grbb Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Here are international support for Mr. Ahok. Thank you very much everyone

AHOK SUPPORT - YouTube

Many western countries and Indonesian citizens residing there support Ahok.

Thank you. Thank you.

There are plenty of support in Indonesia too

free ahok - YouTube

If Ahok is free, it'll be a victory for all free thinkers in the world, freedom of expression, and freedom of opinion. It'll our victory. Not just mine, or Ahok.

This guy worked 12 hours a day to build my city. I want him free. I am grateful to have him as my governor. Even his opponent do not doubt that. He lost election due to religious issues.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: May 14, 2017
  5. esthermoon

esthermoon Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,875
    I think no government can't do anything. Unfortunately what that judge did was legal... :(

6. xyz

xyz Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,303
    While Indonesia has traditionally had a moderate form of Islam, in recent years fundamentalists seem to be getting more power.

Aceh province in Sumatra has had Shariah law as criminal law for a couple of years:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/12/world/asia/indonesia-sharia-law-aceh.html?_r=0

Sumatra: Islamic law now enforced on non-muslims…CatholicismUSA | CatholicismUSA

On the other hand, Indonesia does have a tradition of having dictators rule. While Jokowi pretended to be the opposite, there has been a sharp rise in executions for dealing drugs under his rule.

7. grbb

grbb Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I agree with you. Drug dealers shouldn't get death penalty. Especially the guy that import xtc, a harmless drug. This is another sample of how the majority of people have have major incorrect beliefs without ever checking evidence.

Religions are claims that cannot be checked. However, drugs dangerous can be checked. It's not dangerous. And yet so many belief it is.

As for Aceh, it's only a region in Indonesia. The maximum punishments there are just caning. To be frank, I sort of like different laws for different regions. The radicals can all move there and the rest of us are free.

8. grbb

grbb Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I've been thinking? Why free just Ahok? Many religions, especially islam, has been used to justify oppression and corruptions all over the world.

How can we free them all?

I am tired of showing "respect" to this religion that clearly have caused the best governor in my country to go to jail.

I hope the danger of religions like this do not spread anywhere else on the world. I would help anyone to ensure this doesn't happen again. I hope the whole world have enough commitment toward freedom of speech that they don't kow tow to any strange beliefs.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  9. grbb

grbb Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112