CDZ Bathroom Remodel

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Gail is going to need another hip replacement soon so the bathtub is becoming a shower. Got one of the one day franchisees doing the work but it still feels strange.

We're getting them but the pricing of housing around here is insane. 900 sq ft under AC and the same model house with a larger yard 3 miles further inland costs only 25-30% as much. Penman, 9th street and 3rd st/A1A are the north-south traffic jams with Beach, Atlantic, JTB and Wonderwood as the east-west traffic jams but Gail wants to stay here near all of her buddies.

We're getting them but the pricing of housing around here is insane. 900 sq ft under AC and the same model house with a larger yard 3 miles further inland costs only 25-30% as much. Penman, 9th street and 3rd st/A1A are the north-south traffic jams with Beach, Atlantic, JTB and Wonderwood as the east-west traffic jams but Gail wants to stay here near all of her buddies.
If she's happy stand with it. Later you can always sell and buy the other and restore your cash holdings.

If she's happy stand with it. Later you can always sell and buy the other and restore your cash holdings.
The problem is not so much her medical problems but being a departmental technical supervisor of hospital labs most of her adult life she makes the average MD look like a model patient.

Gail is going to need another hip replacement soon so the bathtub is becoming a shower. Got one of the one day franchisees doing the work but it still feels strange.
Sorry to hear of Gail's infirmity. I hope all goes well with the procedure.

What feels strange:
  • Replacing the tub with a shower?
  • Having a contractor perform the remodel?

That Gail got the job done without going off the deep end. I was an electrician in my youth so plumbing has never really been my thing.

Forum List

Back