Are The USMB RWers Willing To Admit That Herb Cain's Been Lying About Settlementgate?

Didn't he say that he didn't sign anything? :eusa_eh: Anyway, arbitration is often employed by the guilty & wealthier/more powerful party involved to "make it go away fast"

He didn't, idiot. The women involved are the only ones who signed anything.

There was no "arbitration." The women received a severance package. Corporations settle out of court every day of the week. I personally know people who have received settlements without spending a single day in court, and they admitted to me that their case was utterly baseless.

I hope none of these women go public. They would be tortured by righties and their lives turned into a living hell.

One of them says she isn't coming forward and her family was mentioned. We'll see what happens.

With all the various "versions" of his stories, backpeddles and what's not you guys have been STAUNCHLY supporting him. That's fine, you want to wrap your arms around a blatant harasser and molester, more power to you if you think that will strengthen your cause.

However, are you willing to admit that the man has been lying through his teeth about this thing from beginning? Or are you that dishonorable?

Or maybe he just didn't consider it a big deal.

Not a Cain supporter, but anyone who works out in the real world knows that sexual harrassment laws have become a witch hunt, that people get fired for utter BS.

Incidently, the NRA released the woman from her NDA, and guess what, she still isn't going to come forward. Oooops.

Hey, Mark, if you are going to claim that a settlement is an admission of guilt, then the $850,000 Clinton paid Paula Jones is a much bigger admission than the $35,000 Cain's accuser was given.

I hope none of these women go public. They would be tortured by righties and their lives turned into a living hell.

So to your mind, it's okay to make unsubstantiated accusations and never be held to account?

Frankly, we still don't know what it is that Herman is supposedly alledged to have done, other than "gestures" and "innappropriate remarks" at events where everyone was drinking.

I was having dinner last night with friends, two of them who are lawyers (married to each other) one of which is an Obama supporter. We talked about Herman Cain. Her thoughts mirrored mine, that Cain didn't speak the whole story in the beginning, because 1) he didn't know the whole story and 2) he most probably was consulting with legal and the NRA regarding the agreement.
She also thinks Cain is burnt toast, not because of what he may have allegedly done, but because he attempted to respond to questions to which he had no full answers. An 'I'm not sure, but will make a statement when I have more knowledge", would have gone a long way, rather than his attempt to fill in gaps.

That's where some believe the 'lying' comes from.
Lack of knowledge and lying are two very different things.

But I am sure many already know that.

Last edited:

So to your mind, it's okay to make unsubstantiated accusations and never be held to account?

Frankly, we still don't know what it is that Herman is supposedly alledged to have done, other than "gestures" and "innappropriate remarks" at events where everyone was drinking.

since Political Correctness has gotten somewhat out of Control,you can no longer tell some Women you see that she looks nice.....if its at work some of these Woman call that Sexual Harassment......"he was saying things trying to hit on me"......

since Political Correctness has gotten somewhat out of Control,you can no longer tell some Women you see that she looks nice.....if its at work some of these Woman call that Sexual Harassment......"he was saying things trying to hit on me"......

Harry is about 'this tall, compared to my wife'.
<gesturing at chin level> :eusa_whistle:
:lol:

awwwwwww... how cute.

i know you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but ask yourself if corporations pay a year's salary to women so they won't sue over that?

awwwwwww... how cute.

i know you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but ask yourself if corporations pay a year's salary to women so they won't sue over that?

I have asked myself. And yes, they do. They settle because it's cheaper than a costly legal fight. You're a lawyer, you know that's true. Often, it's not about what is 'right' but what is most cost effective.

And what amazes me is that the one who is most likely to take offense is the one who comes to the office dressed like she's going to go out clubbing after work.

awwwwwww... how cute.

I've seen them do stuff for a lot less. I've seen managers get fired over supposed comments from people who had no credibility.

I was having dinner last night with friends, two of them who are lawyers (married to each other) one of which is an Obama supporter. We talked about Herman Cain. Her thoughts mirrored mine, that Cain didn't speak the whole story in the beginning, because 1) he didn't know the whole story and 2) he most probably was consulting with legal and the NRA regarding the agreement.
She also thinks Cain is burnt toast, not because of what he may have allegedly done, but because he attempted to respond to questions to which he had no full answers. An 'I'm not sure, but will make a statement when I have more knowledge", would have gone a long way, rather than his attempt to fill in gaps.

Wait.

What?

Toast because he responded without being in possession of all the facts? You mean like Obama did with that ridiculous 'beer gate' episode? If the fucking POTUS can get away with bullshit, I don't see why we should hold others to a higher standard.

With all the various "versions" of his stories, backpeddles and what's not you guys have been STAUNCHLY supporting him. That's fine, you want to wrap your arms around a blatant harasser and molester, more power to you if you think that will strengthen your cause.

However, are you willing to admit that the man has been lying through his teeth about this thing from beginning? Or are you that dishonorable?

You're as dishonest as the bigot in your avatar. First, there was not SETTLEMENT pay it was a serverance pay! Big difference. Second there is NOTHING blatant at all. Anonymous source, secret document, no details, no facts, no nothing!

All this shows is the lengths the leftist media will go to slander a right leaning candidate!

All YOUR post shows is that you swallowed Cain's lie that it was a "severance" hook, line and sinker.

The National Restaurant Association for the first time publicly acknowledged today that it settled with a former employee who accused Herman Cain, then head of the association, of sexual harassment.

Bennett called Cain’s claims that the resolution was a severance agreement and not a legal settlement an “inaccurate description of the settlement agreement."

"This was a settlement of an internal complaint of sexual harassment,” Bennett said. “It was not a severance agreement."

First Read - Restaurant group acknowledges settlement with Cain accuser

Wait.

What?

Toast because he responded without being in possession of all the facts? You mean like Obama did with that ridiculous 'beer gate' episode? If the fucking POTUS can get away with bullshit, I don't see why we should hold others to a higher standard.

Major difference. When Obama was informed of the facts he wasn't made aware of, he walked it back. (and frankly, I think there was plenty of blame to go around on both sides in that incident.)

Cain knew ten days before the story hit, what was up. Assuming he really didn't remember an incident where he was accused of some pretty serious wrongdoing (okay, like Alice, I'll try to believe three impossible things before Breakfast) he had ten days to getback with the NRA and it counsel, have a statement prepared and be ready to answer any questions. He didn't. He fumbled and stumbled.

And frankly, this is a pattern. Not that he just doesn't know things, but that he doesn't want to be bothered to know. I guess that works in business, I've seen enough clueless managers who make policies and then the rest of us have to try to make them work because we'll end up getting the blame if they don't.

(Seriously, you ever wonder why Dilbert is so popular? We've all worked for the "Pointy-haired Boss")

Frankly, I'm sort of horrified that Cain has gotten where he is. We have a bunch of really qualified people who are actually running, or who declined to run because it wasn't worth it. And this is the guy who is ahead right now?

Are usmb lwingers going to admit that clinton lied under oath and should have resigned in shame for what he did?

since I know the answer is no, clinton was like john the bapist, you know, the guy just before the messiah came, he could do no wrong....

I leave you with; Who gives a rats ass about something that happened 12 years ago?

Aside from useless morans, that is.

awwwwwww... how cute.

I have asked myself. And yes, they do. They settle because it's cheaper than a costly legal fight. You're a lawyer, you know that's true. Often, it's not about what is 'right' but what is most cost effective.

Jillian is a lawyer? I guess that shows that even the retarded can succeed.

I am willing to admit I don't know the truth so to accuse EITHER side of lying is just stupid. I'm also willing to admit I honestly don't care as I do not intend on voting for him.

Are you willing to admit your obsession is unhealthy?

Bennett called Cain’s claims that the resolution was a severance agreement and not a legal settlement an “inaccurate description of the settlement agreement."

"This was a settlement of an internal complaint of sexual harassment,” Bennett said. “It was not a severance agreement."

First Read - Restaurant group acknowledges settlement with Cain accuser

Bennett is the woman's lawyer. He's a proven liar. Why would anyone believe him?

Are usmb lwingers going to admit that clinton lied under oath and should have resigned in shame for what he did?

since I know the answer is no, clinton was like john the bapist, you know, the guy just before the messiah came, he could do no wrong....

I leave you with; Who gives a rats ass about something that happened 12 years ago?

Hmmmm..... clinton was like john the bapist, you know, the guy just before the messiah came. Are you trying to say Bush was the "Messiah"? :eusa_pray: I've heard him called many things but not that.

Nope, you're right. Clinton should not have resigned. If Bush's performance as POTUS was only HALF as good as Clinton's I would have ordered up a dozen blowjobs for him.

Hmmmm..... clinton was like john the bapist, you know, the guy just before the messiah came. Are you trying to say Bush was the "Messiah"? :eusa_pray: I've heard him called many things but not that.

Nope, you're right. Clinton should not have resigned. If Bush's performance as POTUS was only HALF as good as Clinton's I would have ordered up a dozen blowjobs for him.

And thus proving that all the liberal bullshit about Cain, is just that, bullshit.

You can't demand standards when you have none.

Forum List

Back