Are the latest auto safety features a good idea?

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
A recent car commercial shows a distracted driver thinking about everything but driving. His car though hits the brakes and avoids other collisions and accidents for him. In theory, a good idea. Not unlike the cars in "I, Robot" auto-driving themselves at extreme velocity. But for us now, isn't it really just encouraging bad drivers to drive more? "Don't worry if you're a bad driver, our model drives for you." :)

I think its getting to the point of being cost prohibitive. Basically need 2 warranties now, mechanical and electronic.

I still want a car the way I like using options that I like and excluding things I don't want to PAY for . A fewI want are rollup windows , a simple smog free engine , chrome bumpers plus others .

But for us now, isn't it really just encouraging bad drivers to drive more? "Don't worry if you're a bad driver, our model drives for you." :)
I can't believe I'm agreeing with Delta4Embassy!

Prediction: These features will be optional then mandatory.
Your Insurance Company will give you a discount for having them, then cancel your Insurance if you DON'T have them.

And thanks to PRISM, a computer somewhere will determine whether you can even USE your car at all! It's called "Saving the Environment" you know!

Technology CAN be used to help us but this will only be used to control us in the future.

Just look at the "Phone Killing" technology that cops wanna' use at checkpoints.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back