At 80 years old, I won't be affected by the...“follow the science” crowd but my granddaughter will have a life of shortages

You're obviously not qualified to join the discussion.
Your 25 kw is not a measure of energy used or required. And I'm not responsible for teaching you what is!

First of all it is 0.25KWHR - per car - per mile (not 25 kw as you post). That is how much ENERGY required to move one car one Mile.
Once you understand that, then you could be allowed to post in this thread.

Last edited:
It's worse than that. The elite are pushing to have everyone live on their block. You won't have anyplace to travel too.

National parks will be for the elite. You peons will have to experience them via TV.

This environmental bullshit has, as it's ultimate goal, the destruction of the middle class, and a return to a two tier world, a very small ruling elite, and a mass of serfs.
Yes, just like the good old days of Tyrannical world empires.

Regressives are what they are.

To consider: 90% of cars on the road won't be the same number in 2050;
suppose that number of cars has dropped to 10% by then. That will then make the prediction possible to imagine. And so the 90% becomes a very small number compared to today. Of course EV's couldn't make up anything even close to 90% of the cars of today.

The issue of trucks on the road can be solved by electric but can be solved by other means such as rail, along with reorganizing industry to eliminate a large amount of travel that's necessary.
An EV only reduces your motoring carbon footprint by 17% to 30%. As the decades go on and the number of vehicles increase, you will be beyond today's current carbon levels as it is. So to say EV's will save the planet, only nut jobs believe that.

To consider: 90% of cars on the road won't be the same number in 2050;
suppose that number of cars has dropped to 10% by then. That will then make the prediction possible to imagine. And so the 90% becomes a very small number compared to today. Of course EV's couldn't make up anything even close to 90% of the cars of today.

The issue of trucks on the road can be solved by electric but can be solved by other means such as rail, along with reorganizing industry to eliminate a large amount of travel that's necessary.
Correct .. only those who can afford expensive electric vehicles will have the privilege of purchasing them; however, in states like California, you are completely wrong, as Newsom has signed an Executive Order that all fossil fueled vehicles will be phased out for sale by 2035 -- 12 years away. California will turn into Cuba where older, more reliable fossil fueled vehicles will be duct taped and super glued to meet the need -- not to mention the electrical infrastructure required to support the additional demand (which is scheduled to be 100% renewable by 2045 or 2050).

An EV only reduces your motoring carbon footprint by 17% to 30%. As the decades go on and the number of vehicles increase, you will be beyond today's current carbon levels as it is. So to say EV's will save the planet, only nut jobs believe that.
What power source will be used to charge EVs?

Correct .. only those who can afford expensive electric vehicles will have the privilege of purchasing them; however, in states like California, you are completely wrong, as Newsom has signed an Executive Order that all fossil fueled vehicles will be phased out for sale by 2035 -- 12 years away. California will turn into Cuba where older, more reliable fossil fueled vehicles will be duct taped and super glued to meet the need -- not to mention the electrical infrastructure required to support the additional demand (which is scheduled to be 100% renewable by 2045 or 2050).
Cuba's roads and big cigies are an example of what is possible and what is needed for America.

Mass transit and vehicle ride sharing has filled their needs, along with government owned cars. It's not a desirable change for Americans but it's likely necessary if humanity survives until 2050?

You're most likely purposely missing the key points. To begin with the basics, the number of vehicles won't increase.

But even more important, not enough Americans have even accepted AGW yet.

Translated: renewable sources won't meet current or future state demands. Check.
Yes, inasmuch as expenditures of energy will need to be drastically reduced.

There's no rational case being made on electric being able to fill current needs and expenditure.

Think for yourselves! It's not my duty to tell ya'all what source of energy will replace a 'part' of today's expenditure.

Cuba's roads and big cigies are an example of what is possible and what is needed for America.

Mass transit and vehicle ride sharing has filled their needs, along with government owned cars. It's not a desirable change for Americans but it's likely necessary if humanity survives until 2050?
Private vehicle ownership is limited in Cuba, public transportation is encouraged and the quality of transportation and roads is varies .. from poor road conditions in areas to unreliable transportation schedules. Cuba also has a high-level of pedestrian accidents due to poorly designed crossings and sidewalks.

The perfect storm for adoption by a First World country.

Yes, inasmuch as expenditures of energy will need to be drastically reduced.

There's no rational case being made on electric being able to fill current needs and expenditure.

Think for yourselves! It's not my duty to tell ya'all what source of energy will replace a 'part' of today's expenditure.
Why would I be selfish for outcomes on energy, and then align with "the greater good" on social issues?

You've missed the point. Let's start by dealing with that.
the 2929 billion number will have to be 293 billion and probably much less. And likewise your kw number will be a tenth or less.
That's the concept and so we don't need to complicate it any more than that.

In simple terms, road travel will be reduced to a tenth of the present.

That's how Scientific American makes sense of the issue.

(of course that's assuming humans survive to 2050?)
All guesses! I'm dealing with reality here! The point is why haven't we heard from the Biden administration about the grossly extensive cost of doing what he guarantees?
I want you to look into my eyes, I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”

And this cost of EVs electricity is just part of the stupidity of trying to reduce CO2 emissions by eliminating "fossil fuels"!
Donald... Why aren't you upset with the simple fact that fossil fuels provide us MORE than just gasoline!
FACTS are 2 billion tires are made every year with 300 million barrels of oil and 94% of roads are made with asphalt that uses 1.5 Billion barrels of OIL?
And Biden wants to RID fossil fuels?
products-madefrom-oil.png

Key findings​

• The United States had 275,924,442 registered vehicles in 2020.

275e+06cars * 14e+03 miles = 3.85e+12 Total Miles (3.85Trillion)

(3.85e+12)mile * 0.25KWH/mile = 962.5e+12WH required total to move the USA cars over one year. (962 Trillion Watt-Hours required for 100% of registered vehicles)

How many plant that requires? I will allow others to calculate that one.

All guesses! I'm dealing with reality here! The point is why haven't we heard from the Biden administration about the grossly extensive cost of doing what he guarantees?
I want you to look into my eyes, I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”

And this cost of EVs electricity is just part of the stupidity of trying to reduce CO2 emissions by eliminating "fossil fuels"!
Donald... Why aren't you upset with the simple fact that fossil fuels provide us MORE than just gasoline!
FACTS are 2 billion tires are made every year with 300 million barrels of oil and 94% of roads are made with asphalt that uses 1.5 Billion barrels of OIL?
And Biden wants to RID fossil fuels?
View attachment 775236

And again and repeatedly, you either don't pay attention or you don't understand!

Use the examples of the first 10 in column A.

Each of them will either cease to exist or will be made of, or replaced by enviro friendly materials, excluding plastics or carbon based chemicals. *
*qualified

Debate that or stop wasting my time if you don't understand!

And again and repeatedly, you either don't pay attention or you don't understand!

Each of them will either cease to exist or will be made of, or replaced by enviro friendly materials, excluding plastics or carbon based chemicals. *
*qualified

Wasting TIME? You call providing FACTS a waste of time and your guesses, subjective opinions, unsubstantiated wild ass statements?
Makes sense as you make absolutely NO Sense...!

*qualified

AGAIN who are you to make such a dumb ass comment like:"cease to exist or will be made of, or replaced by enviro friendly materials"?
What are your credentials to make such an authoritative statement? How do YOU know that the first 10 in Column A of this chart will cease or replaced?
products-madefrom-oil.png

Forum List

Back