Are the Democrats Finished?

Your guys anger is clouding your thinking from reality.

Um, what anger?

What clouding?

What reality?

Refute a single thing I stated before dismissing it in such a fashion. You'll have better credibility if you do so, and I might learn something in the process. Thus far, you've provided nothing to my something.

Whatever you posted I forgot it already. Must not of been that important.

Ah, so you are only capable of drive-by, shallow comments? And incapable of reviewing that on which you comment on?? Naw, I think you're just not up to defend yourself or debate the issue. No biggie....I get plenty of all that from people willing to give it a go.

No, I just have no time to argue with people who have no clue what they are talking about.

Examples -

1.) People who still think we won't gain a majority in the senate. Really people?
2.) People who don't think this President can be impeached out of office.

Bottom line - I know too much.

The only problem is that the stuff you are absolutely positive about isn't true..

Your guys anger is clouding your thinking from reality.

Um, what anger?

What clouding?

What reality?

Refute a single thing I stated before dismissing it in such a fashion. You'll have better credibility if you do so, and I might learn something in the process. Thus far, you've provided nothing to my something.

Whatever you posted I forgot it already. Must not of been that important.

Ah, so you are only capable of drive-by, shallow comments? And incapable of reviewing that on which you comment on?? Naw, I think you're just not up to defend yourself or debate the issue. No biggie....I get plenty of all that from people willing to give it a go.

No, I just have no time to argue with people who have no clue what they are talking about.

Examples -

1.) People who still think we won't gain a majority in the senate. Really people?
2.) People who don't think this President can be impeached out of office.

Bottom line - I know too much.

The only problem is that the stuff you are absolutely positive about isn't true..

It will happen.

This seems to go in cycles. For years the Democrats couldn't get out of their own way. They were the party of nutjobs, fruitcakes, and guilty white men. The GOP reigned supreme as the party that defeated the Soviet Union, gave us the peace divididend and about 20 years of economic growth and prosperity.
Then the GOP screwed up and tried to out-Dem the Dems. That didnt work.
SO the Dems came in on fairness, equality, and other issues that appeal to their not very bright base.
The results have been, um, sub-par to say the least. Stagnation. Poverty. Dependence. Debt.
So the GOP looks like it will kick butt in the midterms and if 2006 is any indication will go on to take the presidency as well. Democrat policies and programs look to be thoroughly discredited for the failuires they are.
But can the Dems come back? What can they do to junk the special interest gravy train, the whack jobs, the nutcases, the Stalinists that have taken over their party? Do the Dems need to stage the equivalent of the Beer Hall Putsch to cleanse the party of the toxic elements that are costing them elections?
The dems don't have to come back from the brink, they have the media at their beck and call.

Everything will be someone else fault.

The economy flopped b/c of clintons idiotic ideas, but it was all put on Bush
when it falls hard from obamas aca, it will be put on any rep that is around

Everything is cyclical. The Democrats stand to have a bad year at the polls in a couple weeks, but not anywhere as bad as 2010. The final margins back then were huge; today, many of those races are within the margin of error.

America's silent majority used to be an older, centrist conservative. That seemed to last until the shift in recent years. The Eisenhower family endorsing Barack Obama. Twice. Republicans losing 5 out of the last 6 popular votes in presidential elections.

The silent majority that Nixon spoke of has now morphed into a conservative Democrat. Part of it I think is because they see their old party getting all worked up about gay marriage and they can't be bothered getting angry because it doesn't really affect their lives. They want low taxes, but they also think the super rich need to pay a more fair tax rate. They understand that Medicare actually saves the country money and don't want it done away with. They grew up in Republican homes and have voted Republican before but seem to be voting a lot more with the Democrats, particularly in presidential elections.

Having said that, the thing that keeps the Democrats from taking all three chambers is gerrymandered congressional districts and a hearty base of younger voters who simply don't understand what the midterms are all about and what they mean in terms of governing the country.

There is a reason for the scourge of anti-voting bills being passed by Republican governors, and it's that they fear they can't win on the merits.

The House will stay basically the same, but the Republicans stand to gain up to 8 senate seats. I think 6 is most realistic. Almost all of those races are within the margin of error, which means it's all about turning out the vote at this point.

Although the tide is against them this year, the Democrats stand to do well in 2016 and their tent is growing while the Republican one has stagnated. What voting block is there for them to acquire? What crowd is going to start voting with them that doesn't already vote for them? Democrats don't have that fundamental problem. Theirs is more rooted in how to get their specific block of newer voters informed and excited about how important the midterms are.

The silent majority that Nixon spoke of has now morphed into a conservative Democrat. Part of it I think is because they see their old party getting all worked up about gay marriage and they can't be bothered getting angry because it doesn't really affect their lives. They want low taxes, but they also think the super rich need to pay a more fair tax rate. They understand that Medicare actually saves the country money and don't want it done away with. They grew up in Republican homes and have voted Republican before but seem to be voting a lot more with the Democrats, particularly in presidential elections

I'm going to make a wild guess here and that is that you've just described yourself.

There is a reason for the scourge of anti-voting bills being passed by Republican governors, and it's that they fear they can't win on the merits.

Yeah, I'm sure, except that every single foreign election official who has been invited to witness American election procedures can't believe their eyes at what they're seeing in terms of laxity regarding election procedures. They're all stunned.

What the hell is so wrong with adopting, say Canada's election monitoring and verification system?

Although the tide is against them this year, the Democrats stand to do well in 2016 and their tent is growing while the Republican one has stagnated. What voting block is there for them to acquire? What crowd is going to start voting with them that doesn't already vote for them?

Are you blind? Republicans have gained 1% greater share of the white vote every election cycle (with the sole exception of 2008) since the 80s. Whites are fleeing the Democrats because the Democrats have nothing to offer whites when their entire modus operandi is to extract wealth and opportunity from whites and parcel it out to minorities.

If the Republicans didn't simply coast on this natural growth in the white vote but actually made a concerted effort to garner a larger share by active outreach, for every 1% increase in share of whites they'd need to capture a 4% increase in the Hispanic vote to win over the same number of voters. It's easier to move the needle by 1% than by 4%. Romney won the white youth vote, the white women's vote and of course, the white male vote. Whites seems to find the anti-racist and race-neutral policies of the Republicans appealing. That's a winning platform in itself.

This thread is probably a response to all of the Are the Republucans Dead threads. Nothing to actually back it up.

Sigh.

Neither party is dead. They are joined at the hip, alive and well.

What will kill any opposition to the ruling class/statists, is the 34M green cards Obama has had printed, and the amnesty he's about to grant to 12M illegal immigrants. With an unprecedented stroke of a pen, bypassing Congress and the vast majority of the will of the people, he will single-handedly change the demographics and arc of this country. This President will go down as a savior to all things not part of our historical past and greatness, while at the same time go down as the most destructive American president of liberty and our country; the Dimmer of the American Light. On purpose....Saul Alinsky, et. al. Logic and history makes clear our current unsustainable path will be crushed by an avalanche of greater unsustainability, all for a purpose of increasing the power of the State. All you spoiled and apathetic young bucks out there.....your future is not bright.
America 's historical past is opening its' doors and welcoming people. You should learn your history.

Maroon,

Welcome to reality. The "historical past" is based on LEGAL immigration. As a human, can you discern the difference?

Say something smart....

The Dem's barely lasted 2 years after sweeping the 2008 elections then the people fired them in droves in an historic ass kicking in 2010. Dem's and their agenda were rejected! In 2012 they barely scraped back 6 of the 56 House seats they lost in 2010. Then they forced Obama to go on national television and take the blame for Obamacare. Their utter failure has been hilarious to watch. The only hope the Democratic party has of surviving long term is to kick the leftist out of their party and move to the center.

This thread is probably a response to all of the Are the Republucans Dead threads. Nothing to actually back it up.

Sigh.

Neither party is dead. They are joined at the hip, alive and well.

What will kill any opposition to the ruling class/statists, is the 34M green cards Obama has had printed, and the amnesty he's about to grant to 12M illegal immigrants. With an unprecedented stroke of a pen, bypassing Congress and the vast majority of the will of the people, he will single-handedly change the demographics and arc of this country. This President will go down as a savior to all things not part of our historical past and greatness, while at the same time go down as the most destructive American president of liberty and our country; the Dimmer of the American Light. On purpose....Saul Alinsky, et. al. Logic and history makes clear our current unsustainable path will be crushed by an avalanche of greater unsustainability, all for a purpose of increasing the power of the State. All you spoiled and apathetic young bucks out there.....your future is not bright.
America 's historical past is opening its' doors and welcoming people. You should learn your history.

Maroon,

Welcome to reality. The "historical past" is based on LEGAL immigration. As a human, can you discern the difference?

Say something smart....

That historical past created this nation by 1960.

Diversity1960_zps1fd350fe.jpg

That historical past precedent was corrupted by liberals to create this nation by 2020.

Diversity2020_zps42d280b6.jpg

You have any facts or statistics at all to back up that swill.

. . . . .that party's unwillingness to accept people who are not White and ultra-conservative, but neither party is "finished".

Your thread, as usual, is trash. And lacking in any real substance.

Now, go play with your tonka-toys.

Check the bolded text in your comment. It applies to you. You have no facts to back up your claim that the Republican Party is unwilling to accept voters who are not white.

That's such a moronic statement.

Now, do play with your tonka-trucks. Oh sorry, that's a gender-specific toy. Go play with some liberal-approved, gender-neutral toy like a yo-yo.

True...GOP will accept any self deprecating minority who bows to the superiority of the white male.

Maroon,

Say something smart....

Most of our past, we didn't regulate immigration. You got on a boat and got here, you were in.

Reality is, the rich people you worship want illegal labor. They just keep you mad about it so you vote against your own economic interests.

The Democrats may be finished. For 2014. The polls appear to be moving around, we'll see soon enough.

Then 2016 will be next, and I'm pretty sure we'll see they're nowhere near finished. The electoral environment, in terms of having to defend seats, will be reversed.

Why would people vote FOR the GOP? Will we be told that before 2016, ya reckon?

Last edited:
The Dems are not finished. This election in regards to the Senate is being held in a lot of Red Leaning States which gives the GOP the advantage in the election. That shifts to Blue leaning States in the 2016 election. So for this one the advantage to gain power is for the GOP to win or lose................

In these battleground states the Dems have to act Conservative to Win..........They even have to throw the POTUS under the bus because the people aren't happy with the policies of the POTUS...........Given that, the people aren't happy with CONGRESS AT ALL EITHER...........So they fire some hoping to get a new crop in that might actually do their job............The American people aren't happy with either side and vote in cycles giving each one about 8 years of authority or so.....and then go THEY SUCK TO........lets try the other side again............

In the Presidential Elections................the Dems have the advantage due to only a few states carrying a very large Electoral vote...........They basically own New York, California, and are close to owning Florida in every election............which means the GOP has to sweep the whole dang country to win via population advantages in Blue States in the North East............If the Dems get blanket amnesty for illegals they can change the face of elections for the President.......as immigrants almost all vote for Dems due to the NANNY STATE of the United States...........They get another 10 million votes in border states like Texas, the GOP may as well dig their grave for POTUS due to the Electoral College...........

Illegal immigration for Dems isn't about helping their fellow man. It is about VOTES. They will deny this, but it is the absolute truth.

Illegal immigration for Dems isn't about helping their fellow man. It is about VOTES. They will deny this, but it is the absolute truth.

As opposed to Republicans, for whom illegal immigration is about getting poor people to work for a pittance and undermine working peoples' wages.

But you dumb ass Cleetuses in the red states will keep voting for them because they hate Gays and Mexicans, just like Jesus did.

As opposed to Republicans, for whom illegal immigration is about getting poor people to work for a pittance and undermine working peoples' wages.

But you dumb ass Cleetuses in the red states will keep voting for them because they hate Gays and Mexicans, just like Jesus did.
The day your party Honors the laws of the United States and enforces the Immigration policies of the United States you will have a leg to stand on..........The current administration ignores the laws and makes up his own after Swearing an Oath to uphold the laws and Constitution of the United States.

Their are legal ways to come into this country. Their are legal ways to hire foreigners to work in this country. That is the law, which is not being enforced. I support fines and even prison time to business who VIOLATE THESE LAWS...........I also support the verification process to ensure those being hired are American Citizens or foreigners who have a green card allowing them to work in this country.

If farmers need Mexicans to work their fields.........Fine.........He sponsors them and they get LEGAL GREEN CARDS to work in this country.

The day your party Honors the laws of the United States and enforces the Immigration policies of the United States you will have a leg to stand on..........The current administration ignores the laws and makes up his own after Swearing an Oath to uphold the laws and Constitution of the United States.

Actually, Obama has sent more illegals home than Bush did.

Their are legal ways to come into this country. Their are legal ways to hire foreigners to work in this country. That is the law, which is not being enforced. I support fines and even prison time to business who VIOLATE THESE LAWS...........I also support the verification process to ensure those being hired are American Citizens or foreigners who have a green card allowing them to work in this country.

But the reality is, when you make employers responsible for verifying eligibility, that's pretty much leaving the Foxes in charge of the hen house. Yes, the decent (or a least, slightly more ethical businesses) do use E-verify and do their best to make sure there are no illegals on the payroll. And the less ethical ones pretty much say, "Meh, paper looks good to me, Juan... I mean, John."

Really, I worry more about the 'legal" immigrants, because they are being brought in at the rate of 1.25 million a year, and unlike the illegals, they have the skills to compete for the jobs most of us want.

If farmers need Mexicans to work their fields.........Fine.........He sponsors them and they get LEGAL GREEN CARDS to work in this country.

Right. Because clearly, the expense of bringing in someone legally who can then actually demand that labor laws apply to him is such a good business deal when there are people willing to sneak under a fence. These D ouchebags didn't get rich by giving money to the people who actually DO the work.

Hey, dumbass, you are being played by the rich. But you should be getting use to that.

Enforcing the Immigration policies of the United States on the Mexican border seems like an unrealistic expectation for the Obama administration.

I too support support fines and even prison time to business who employ illegals. At the same time, allocating resources to accomplish that can't be easy. Take Arizona. Before the AZ "papers please" law, they enacted a law to allow police to involve themselves in busting employers of illegals, but the departments didn't have the manpower, with all the other crime they're stretched too thin to cover.

Will "would be" immigrants simply start waiting in line for the process, when they can just sneak right in, because they need money today? and not next year?

A sealed border is 10 years off even if we could afford it.

I think we really need to prioritize the importance of this situation

Actually, Obama has sent more illegals home than Bush did.

But the reality is, when you make employers responsible for verifying eligibility, that's pretty much leaving the Foxes in charge of the hen house. Yes, the decent (or a least, slightly more ethical businesses) do use E-verify and do their best to make sure there are no illegals on the payroll. And the less ethical ones pretty much say, "Meh, paper looks good to me, Juan... I mean, John."

Really, I worry more about the 'legal" immigrants, because they are being brought in at the rate of 1.25 million a year, and unlike the illegals, they have the skills to compete for the jobs most of us want.

Right. Because clearly, the expense of bringing in someone legally who can then actually demand that labor laws apply to him is such a good business deal when there are people willing to sneak under a fence. These D ouchebags didn't get rich by giving money to the people who actually DO the work.

Hey, dumbass, you are being played by the rich. But you should be getting use to that.
Spare me. You go from we hate illegals to you ditch LEGAL immigration............Make up your mind............you first bitch about how we feel about illegal immigration and then go on to say you don't even like LEGAL immigration.

Perhaps one day you will make up your mind............because now you flip and flop like a fish dying out of the water.

Then you go on to your usual attack on business, saying I'm a dumb ass for wanting to enforce E-Verify. Right now the Gov't doesn't really punish business at all FOR VIOLATING THE LAWS of this land............Because the E-verify is not the Law of the Land.............so they can just say...........we didn't know and their isn't jack squat under the law we can basically do to them.

By changing it to an E VERIFY LAW..........Businesses could be fined and even put out of business for violating the law........which means the ones you complained about could be charged for these violations under a NEW E VERIFY LAW................

We must make it illegal to hire an illegal...........BY FORCING VERIFICATION under the LAW............and in that way the illegals here would have to either leave OR COMPLY WITH THE LAW to get a job.............

Since we have over 10 million here at least..............it is a major problem.............Which means we need to seal up the border before pushing this agenda through..................Either way, we let it get out of control for decades...........and blanket amnesty was tried under Reagan and didn't fix anything.

Spare me. You go from we hate illegals to you ditch LEGAL immigration............Make up your mind............you first bitch about how we feel about illegal immigration and then go on to say you don't even like LEGAL immigration.

Perhaps one day you will make up your mind............because now you flip and flop like a fish dying out of the water.

Then you go on to your usual attack on business, saying I'm a dumb ass for wanting to enforce E-Verify. Right now the Gov't doesn't really punish business at all FOR VIOLATING THE LAWS of this land............Because the E-verify is not the Law of the Land.............so they can just say...........we didn't know and their isn't jack squat under the law we can basically do to them.

E-verify is a figleaf for business. It's kind of like the gun dealer who sells and AR-15 and 100 round drum mag to the guy who comes in dressed like the Joker and says, "Well, he passed his totally inadequate background check."

The problem isn't legal, illegal or citizen, it's that businesses are given all these oppurtunities to lowball employees and fuck them over. If you had to pay an illegal a fair wage just like a citizen, they'd lose their luster really fast.

Since we have over 10 million here at least..............it is a major problem.............Which means we need to seal up the border before pushing this agenda through..................Either way, we let it get out of control for decades...........and blanket amnesty was tried under Reagan and didn't fix anything.

Actually, Blanket Amnesty gave business exactly what it wanted. It's you dumb-ass Cleetuses worried one of them beaners might date your daughter who didn't get what you wanted.

Man, you really don't know how this works, do you?

E-verify is a figleaf for business. It's kind of like the gun dealer who sells and AR-15 and 100 round drum mag to the guy who comes in dressed like the Joker and says, "Well, he passed his totally inadequate background check."

The problem isn't legal, illegal or citizen, it's that businesses are given all these oppurtunities to lowball employees and fuck them over. If you had to pay an illegal a fair wage just like a citizen, they'd lose their luster really fast.

Actually, Blanket Amnesty gave business exactly what it wanted. It's you dumb-ass Cleetuses worried one of them beaners might date your daughter who didn't get what you wanted.

Man, you really don't know how this works, do you?

Yawn............Is the E Verify the law of the land at this time....................Are their penalties for hiring illegals to businesses that make it too big of a risk to hire them right now..................

Right now they can hire them and pay lower wages to ILLEGALS..............So how does your point of not knowing how it works have any damned effect on the ending outcome of the equation anyway..........We very well may have 20 million ILLEGALS WORKING HERE NOW...............at lower wage scales................So your point on my point is useless.

I'm talking about putting laws into place to FORCE BUSINESSES TO HIRE DOCUMENTED WORKERS.............and be FINED FOR HIRING ILLEGALS..............Which is a hell of a lot better than hiring 20 MILLION ILLEGALS NOW.............

Our system is broken. Our laws are NOT ENFORCED.............and this has been going on for decades.............

And again, you are flip flopping all over the damn place.

Pick a side and man up.............AND STATE CLEARLY YOUR EXACT OPINION ON WHERE YOU STAND ON IMMIGRATION POLICY IN THE UNITED STATES.

Forum List

Back