Are Men Better Drivers?

To me, they seem to be the one who are more likely to drive while drunk or high, but in my opinion, females are the ones who are more likely to be focused on their phones while behind the wheel.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. So I guess that at the end of the day, both genders suck at driver.

My vote is for old people (anyone over 70 pretty much) - and, usually women...

Of course they are (heterosexuals), cause the more man follows moral, the better his affairs in all areas.

I've noticed the most aggressive drivers have pickups. And even if it's a woman. Pickups do something to some people.
I drive a pickup. I dont consider myself aggressive most the time. I tow a 36 foot camper behind it and Ive developed certain driving habits from towing that I also just use when not towing.
I have noticed around the DC area that the biggest offenders are those in BMWs.

could the appearance of truck drivers being the most aggressive be due to the fact that trucks intimidate to start with?

Without question men are better drivers

In my lifetime, I have never seen a man fail a drivers road test. I passed first time, my brothers passed first time, all my male friends in high school passed first time. My sons passed the first time all their male friends passed first time

My mother failed the first time, my sister failed, about a quarter of the girls I knew in school failed the first time

In my lifetime, I have never seen a man fail a drivers road test. I passed first time, my brothers passed first time, all my male friends in high school passed first time. My sons passed the first time all their male friends passed first time

My mother failed the first time, my sister failed, about a quarter of the girls I knew in school failed the first time

I've known a few who failed the first time. You are full of poopy this morning. :D

I've known a few who failed the first time. You are full of poopy this morning. :D
I ran the stop sign at the end the first time.
evidently thats a bad thing.

I've noticed the most aggressive drivers have pickups. And even if it's a woman. Pickups do something to some people.
As do sports and muscle cars. That has been my experience. I turn into Danica when behind the wheel of either of them. I do take risks and that is what makes driving so much fun for me. Ninety nine percent of the women drivers I encounter on the road are way too cautious and are completely lost at 4-way stop-sign intersections, They are like DOH....whose turn it is it now??? They sit there with their heads pivoting. lolThey must not know the pecking order or are too scared to take their turn if they do know it is theirs. I just buzz forward, rather than waiting for them to decide what to do and when to do it. lol

I ran the stop sign at the end the first time.
evidently thats a bad thing.

I get my right and left confused sometimes (don't ask me why because I have NO idea but I do when I get nervous). When I took my test, he told me to take a left but I took a right. :lol: Stupid. I passed anyway. I did everything else right. I told him I was just really nervous.

"On one of the categories - tailgating - just 4% of women but 27% of men drove too close to the vehicle in front.

Good link, but I can't see this being true in the US. My casual observation is that tailgating is much higher than a quarter of the drivers. Certainly much higher than the 4% figure. Maybe England is different for some reason.

I always hear tailgaters complaining about other drivers, but they can't even understand the simple physics of tailgating.
If someone is going 45 in a 55 mph, I will be their worst nightmare if I am the driver behind them. I don't do the traditional tailgating but close enough to make them nervous, as I wait for a passing lane on this two-lane narrow and winding highway.

Yesterday, lady pulls out in front of me onto the highway and goes 38 to 40 mph ( in a 55 mph ) for 2 miles until I could get around her. When I came up along side her car I glared at her, not for being such a bad driver ( wandering ) but for pulling out into fast traffic from a side road. She should have waited for the road to clear in the event she was ill or not seeing well enough to be on the road. She was even wavering into the bicycle lane. I was smart enough to keep my distance from her. I didn't trust her driving or mental abilities.

I drive a pickup. I dont consider myself aggressive most the time. I tow a 36 foot camper behind it and Ive developed certain driving habits from towing that I also just use when not towing.

could the appearance of truck drivers being the most aggressive be due to the fact that trucks intimidate to start with?
No, my work truck is a F150, trucks don't intimidate me. Assholes trying to rub the chrome off my bumper do. Or zip around me, cut me off, etc. I agree beemer drivers are aggressive too but pickups outnumber them about a 1,000 to one. If I ever see a BMW pickup, I'm pulling over.

No, my work truck is a F150, trucks don't intimidate me. Assholes trying to rub the chrome off my bumper do. Or zip around me, cut me off, etc. I agree beemer drivers are aggressive too but pickups outnumber them about a 1,000 to one. If I ever see a BMW pickup, I'm pulling over.
around here its the lexus and the accuras.
My truck is a 3500 dually crew cab with the 8ft bed, Its invisible when on the road.

I will admit, I can't drive in the snow. :lol: I remember when I was like 21, driving home from work one day and I had no control over my car whatsoever. I must have sailed through 3 intersections. I was crying. People must have been laughing when I went sailing through an intersection at like 2 miles an hour spinning around and around because I couldn't even stop my car. Lol. I made it home and left the car running in the road. I went in the house, and my ex was like "what's wrong?" and I started bursting out crying that I can't drive for SHIT in the snow, and that he would have to park the car or I might hit something. That car didn't have front wheel drive and had crappy tires though. You would be surprised how much better control you have with FWD and GOOD snow tires. :D I learned a valuable lesson from that experience. I guess I should feel pretty lucky that I didn't kill myself or somebody else that day. :eek:

Forum List

Back