Zone1 Are Jews the choosen people of God?

I always understood traditional catholic/orthodox/lutheran(?) theology to say that jews were once choosen, but they killed christ, so the blood of christ "is upon them and their children" and the choosen people or the people of God are not by circumisation anymore but by faith in Christ "in christ we are one, be it woman or man or slave or free or jew or greek" i think the choosen is the church now. But I think even the catholic church made adjustments, giving again more credit to christian zionism and such, that jews are still choosen people. I think the first pope say that was pope john paul the second, he apologised to jews as first pope and declared jews are still choosen people, i think the catholic church didnt fully broke with their traditional doctrine, but this where they made compromises.
Chosen for what?

I was always confused about this point. Jesus came down solely to sacrifice himself for our sins. New Covenant and all that. So, his crucifixion was part of the plan from the very beginning. If the Jews HADN'T picked Jesus to take the place of our good buddy Barabbas, all holy heck would have broken loose, wouldn't it. Yet for the last 2,000 years the christians have been making the jews the scapegoat and blaming them for offing good Yehu. What would have happened if they hadn't sent Jesus to Calvary? Your living room walls would be covered with gold leaf portraits of Vishnu, Lakshmi, Shiva, Parvati, Brahma and Saraswati, that's what.

You can find DNA is some of the old remains from the time. The Samaritans are the closest living population to them. However, the genetic differences between Samaritans, Jews, and Arabs are pretty small. The differences come from later admixtures.

I fear you lack a lot of knowledge about the godly DNA.

"Yes, I will live with you, I will be your god and you shall be my people."
the creator

It seems WE THE SERBS are Gods choosen people

"We are the children of God. And the people of the Aryan race, to whom destiny has assigned the honorable role of being the main bearer of Christianity in the world. We are members of the great Slavic family, which throughout many centuries kept a stormy guard at the gates of Europe, that tribes of other races and other religions they would not disturb baptized Europe in its peaceful development and progress. We are a baptized people, a Christ-bearing people. And so, we are Aryans by blood, Slavs by surname, Serbs by name, and Christians by heart and spirit."
Bishop Nikolaj Velimirović

It seems WE THE SERBS are Gods choosen people
If God was going to choose someone he would have undoubtedly chosen me over a couple of thieving groups like Serbians and Jews .
And I am a lot better looking and a knowledeable Football fan . Add , very .

If God was going to choose someone he would have undoubtedly chosen me over a couple of thieving groups like Serbians and Jews .
And I am a lot better looking and a knowledgeable Football fan. Add , very .
Only if you are a Green Bay Packers fan.

"Upon arriving in heaven, a fellow was able to recognize many notable people dressed in fine clothing. One large man however, sporting a long white beard and wearing a Green Bay Packers sweatshirt, eluded recognition. He asked a bystander who the man was and why he was wearing that sweatshirt in an otherwise formal setting. "Oh", the man responded, "That's God. He thinks he's Vince Lombardi."

Go Pack!

beautress I think the bible says that only the ones who follow christ are children of God the others are only creatures of God but not children of God is that true or I remember that wrong if it is true why would there be a exception for jews who still believe that Jesus was a bastard but not lets say for muslims or buddhists ?
"If any man has not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His"

I always understood traditional catholic/orthodox/lutheran(?) theology to say that jews were once choosen, but they killed christ, so the blood of christ "is upon them and their children" and the choosen people or the people of God are not by circumisation anymore but by faith in Christ "in christ we are one, be it woman or man or slave or free or jew or greek" i think the choosen is the church now. But I think even the catholic church made adjustments, giving again more credit to christian zionism and such, that jews are still choosen people. I think the first pope say that was pope john paul the second, he apologised to jews as first pope and declared jews are still choosen people, i think the catholic church didnt fully broke with their traditional doctrine, but this where they made compromises.
Judaism is a load of croc. Christianity is a load of croc with even more superstition added on. Islam is worse than the other two combined.
... the person we refer to as Jesus Christ was born an Orthodox Jew, lived as an Orthodox Jew, and died as an Orthodox Jew ...
Officially yes. But in reality, he forsook the covenant.
... proclaiming that he did not intend to change the Torah at all.
So, he was just a blasphemer with no plan at all?

Judaism is a load of croc. Christianity is a load of croc with even more superstition added on. Islam is worse than the other two combined.

What a luck that you do not have any prejudices against Jews, Christians and Muslim, believer in atheism.

Based on what evidence?

This is your only conclusion?

Well - it's difficult to kill you here with a silver bullet because you're always so exceptionally nice. These stupid bullets don't fit through my power line even though silver is a damn good conductor.

Chosen for what and by whom?
The Jews were never specifically chosen for anything positive. The whole nation of Israel was chosen to reflect Godliness to the gentile nations. Except for under a few leaders, like Solomon, they never really accomplished this.

Today the church is the chosen of God, called to reflect Godliness to the world.

The Jews were never specifically chosen for anything positive. The whole nation of Israel was chosen to reflect Godliness to the gentile nations. Except for under a few leaders, like Solomon, they never really accomplished this.

Today the church is the chosen of God, called to reflect Godliness to the world.
God isn't done with the Jews. Not all of Israel either

Well you understood very very very wrongly

in the Gospel of Matthew. In it, the Jewish crowd shouts, “Let his blood be on us and on our children,” as they demand that Pilate execute Jesus. Yet the Pope insists that the crowd represents all humanity. Further, Jesus’ blood was not “poured out against anyone, it is poured out for many, for all.” Jesus’ blood can never be a curse, “but rather redemption, salvation.”

Pope Benedict comments on those famous words from which your thesis proceeds

In the same way Jesus prophesies the “deserted house” and proceeds to offer the New Covenant “in his blood”: ultimately it is a question of healing, not of destruction and rejection.

When in Matthew’s account the “whole people” say: “His blood be on us and on our children” (27:25), the Christian will remember that Jesus’ blood speaks a different language from the blood of Abel (Heb 12:24): it does not cry out for vengeance and punishment; it brings reconciliation. It is not poured out against anyone; it is poured out for many, for all. “All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God . . . God put [Jesus] forward as an expiation by his blood” (Rom 3:23, 25). Just as Caiaphas’ words about the need for Jesus’ death have to be read in an entirely new light from the perspective of faith, the same applies to Matthew’s reference to blood: read in the light of faith, it means that we all stand in need of the purifying power of love which is his blood. These words are not a curse, but rather redemption, salvation. Only when understood in terms of the theology of the Last Supper and the Cross, drawn from the whole of the New Testament, does this verse from Matthew’s Gospel take on its correct meaning.

Forum List

Back