Are Americans Really Starving?

Nov 1, 2014
Idaho
Mostly this myth is pushed by feedingamerica.org a group that, like any global warming "cause" solicits funding by getting people to believe a myth.

fat_people_on_scooters_171.jpg

You've seen the billboards, heard the radio ads, and seen it on television, this myth that 40 million Americans are going hungry, that millions of children are hungry. And the figures used roughly assimilate to the food stamp and school lunch program rolls, as if anyone who's on food stamps or any child eating a federally subsidized school lunch is starving.

The last time we ever had a genuine problem with starvation is when there was a rash of food shortages affecting the people of the Appalachian Mountains, a problem that was quickly rectified over 20 years ago. It's not like starvation can't happen, it's that in this land of largess and abundance, it's exceptionally rare, nigh to being a non existent issue.

So why is this lie so successful? Could it be because Gruber is right, the American public truly is stupid and prone to believe anything?

Super obesity as the guy in the pic raises an ethical question: if having too many kids is an ethical issue, isn't being too fat as well? If eating the portion of food of many people, isn't that akin to having too many kids?

Super obesity as the guy in the pic raises an ethical question: if having too many kids is an ethical issue, isn't being too fat as well? If eating the portion of food of many people, isn't that akin to having too many kids?

Too many kids is an economic & crime issue. Being fat is a personal issue that will take YEARS off of your life.

Both are personal choices

Why shouldn't you be able to eat yourself to death?

Ethics involved with too many kids is it's a drain on limited resources. Same with being too fat, you're eating the food that could feed other people. Isn't about personal freedom or your health. It's comparing the ethical concern.

Ethics involved with too many kids is it's a drain on limited resources. Same with being too fat, you're eating the food that could feed other people. Isn't about personal freedom or your health. It's comparing the ethical concern.

So when you are throwing food in the trash is that what you are telling yourself?

So when you are throwing food in the trash is that what you are telling yourself?

Since moving out of my Mom's home and cooking my own meals I rarely throw food away cooking only what I like and want. What you do from your mommie's basement is your thing.

There's no such thing as "too many kids". The whole point of this thread is that there is an abundance of resources. The "Population Bomb" Leftist myth of the 1970's turned out to be a colossal lie. Not only have we not starved as the world population keeps growing, but we're producing even more food and getting that food more efficiently to every corner of the globe. We're feeding ourselves better than ever in human history, not only in this country, but all over the world.

Unless you're a helpless child, I don't care if you starve. I also don't care if you eat yourself into a "hoveround".......

Speaking of hoveround- the "scooter store" was put out of business for medicare fraud....."at absolutely no cost to me"

There's no such thing as "too many kids". The whole point of this thread is that there is an abundance of resources. The "Population Bomb" Leftist myth of the 1970's turned out to be a colossal lie. Not only have we not starved as the world population keeps growing, but we're producing even more food and getting that food more efficiently to every corner of the globe. We're feeding ourselves better than ever in human history, not only in this country, but all over the world.

About 2 of the 7 billion people right now are suffering from malnutrition and/or starvation. There isn't an overabundance of food in the world so much as the US hoardes most of it, then throws away a significant portion of it. We're gluttons and greedy apathetics wastes of skin. Could eliminate world hunger giving just what we throw away.

Another part fo the problem is our desire to eat meat. If we quit eating meat, the dozen or so pounds of vegetables and grains fed to raises each pound of meat could be used for human consumption instead. We'd be healthier as a result. And not having so many animals globally would have a significant positive effect on the enviroment loosing all the methane produced by burps and farts.

Since moving out of my Mom's home and cooking my own meals I rarely throw food away cooking only what I like and want. What you do from your mommie's basement is your thing.

Oh look an a typical boring response..

So yes you get caught in the hypocrisy of your own comments..

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/19/business/ama-recognizes-obesity-as-a-disease.html

Just goes to show that a narrative will always trump reality..

Well some places have put laws in place making it illegal to feed the homeless. If that isn't pure stupidity . If a person wants to feed someone its now illegal? Hmmm... not in the bible that I read.

About 2 of the 7 billion people right now are suffering from malnutrition and/or starvation. There isn't an overabundance of food in the world so much as the US hoardes most of it, then throws away a significant portion of it. We're gluttons and greedy apathetics wastes of skin. Could eliminate world hunger giving just what we throw away.
Sorry, but the facts say otherwise. We're closer than ever to eliminating hunger on the world stage. That should be celebrated. As far as overeating, that seems to be happening in every country that begins to adopt American dietary habits. Japanese citizens are becoming obese with the influx of McDonald's and the ready availability of high sugar, high saturated fat products. That isn't a uniquely American problem anymore.

Forum List

Back