Apartheid? Really?

As I have already noted, Israeli law states prohibits discrimination based on religion or ethnicity (also age, gender, nationality, political affiliation and a whole host of other common discriminations). Further this law has been tested in court and upheld. Therefore, there is no such thing as a systematic, institutionalized Jew-only settlement.

ALL of Gaza is Arab-only. ALL of Areas A and B are Arab-only. And in those areas the legislated punishment for selling property to a Jew is a lifetime of hard labour. Apartheid, wouldn't you say?

Further, of course there are Arab settlements on Israeli land, don't be silly. There are a plenty of them. Why? Because there is no apartheid in Israel.

Of course Israel is an Apartheid state with at least 50 laws that discriminate against non-Jews. Let's just start with the law of return which discriminates against non-Jews.

How can anyone deny the prevailing racism across Israeli life?

“I have witnessed the systemic humiliation of Palestinian men, women and children by members of the Israeli security forces,” Tutu is quoted as saying in an article in the Jerusalem Post.

Noam Chomsky, an American linguist, philosopher, and cognitive scientist, is another outspoken critic of Israel’s existing policies. In August, Chomsky stated Israel’s actions on the Palestinians are “much worse than apartheid.”

“The question is not whether the term ‘apartheid’ applies here,” Makdisi wrote in an opinion piece for the Los Angeles Times. “It is why it should cause such an outcry when it is used.”

Israel Apartheid Comparisons: 7 Noteworthy Quotes

Let's just start with the law of return which discriminates against non-Jews.

There are dozens of nations which give preferential rights to immigration based on ethnic or cultural roots. Are they all apartheid states? Now, address my point concerning education.

There are dozens of nations which give preferential rights to immigration based on ethnic or cultural roots. Are they all apartheid states? Now, address my point concerning education.

Do you know of a state gives preferential rights to people based merely on religion or that cannot demonstrate at least a grand parent 4 generations back over descendants of native people that have a grand parent 1 or 2 generations back? The lengths you go to defend Israel's practice of Apartheid is hilarious.

No one called Apartheid South Africa's immigration law which welcomed whites but prohibited non-whites from immigrating as anything but an Apartheid policy.

As I have already noted, Israeli law states prohibits discrimination based on religion or ethnicity (also age, gender, nationality, political affiliation and a whole host of other common discriminations). Further this law has been tested in court and upheld. Therefore, there is no such thing as a systematic, institutionalized Jew-only settlement.

ALL of Gaza is Arab-only. ALL of Areas A and B are Arab-only. And in those areas the legislated punishment for selling property to a Jew is a lifetime of hard labour. Apartheid, wouldn't you say?

Further, of course there are Arab settlements on Israeli land, don't be silly. There are a plenty of them. Why? Because there is no apartheid in Israel.

Of course Israel is an Apartheid state with at least 50 laws that discriminate against non-Jews. Let's just start with the law of return which discriminates against non-Jews.

It's a Jewish state. Get it?

Do you know of a state gives preferential rights to people based merely on religion or that cannot demonstrate at least a grand parent 4 generations back over descendants of native people that have a grand parent 1 or 2 generations back? The lengths you go to defend Israel's practice of Apartheid is hilarious.

No one called Apartheid South Africa's immigration law which welcomed whites but prohibited non-whites from immigrating as anything but an Apartheid policy.
"Do you know of a state gives preferential rights to people based merely on religion..."

Well, yeah. Every single Islamic Middle Eastern state I can think of practices political, religious and gender apartheid.

Anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to geopolitics in the islamist Middle East (you're excused from the "paying attention, part), can understand that the plight of the arab/islamist world has everything to do with Arab/islamist intransigence, an utter inability to compromise and make peace with the out-group, blind and unthinking allegiance to a politico-religious ideology that has never managed to claw its way out of the 7th century; all of which finds it’s focal point at an ancient text delineating the above.

‘Israel Apartheid Week’ begins today in France

ByRINA BASSIST

March 6, 2017

ShowImage.ashx

‘Israel Apartheid Week’ begins today in France

I’m calling out the loons who make Israel bashing the mother of all virtues.

Soon after London Fashion Week concluded, Israel Apartheid Week began. Another week, another obsessive focus on Israel.

The Boycott Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement is mostly spearheaded in the West by people who have little to nothing attaching them to the Middle-East conflict.

Nothing, that is, beyond the fact that belonging to the hard-left and not supporting BDS has become the equivalent of claiming a love for fashion, while hating haute couture. Though unlike haute couture, BDS is an inelegant and simplistic solution to a protracted and incredibly complicated problem. But who cares for detail when you have a fabulous placard to wave?

The lazy analogy that BDS rests on is with South African apartheid. But unlike apartheid-era South Africa, Arabs make up 20 percent of Israel’s full citizenry. Most of these Arab-Israeli citizens are Muslim. There are mosques on Israeli beaches. Alongside Hebrew, Arabic is an official language of Israel. An Arab-Israeli judge has even impeached and convicted former Israeli prime minster, Ehud Olmert.

And though many problems with integration persist – as they do with minority communities across the West – when surveyed 77 percent of these Arabs expressed an overwhelming preference to remain Israeli, rather than become citizens of a future Palestinian state.

I’m calling out the loons who make Israel bashing the mother of all virtues

Soon after London Fashion Week concluded, Israel Apartheid Week began. Another week, another obsessive focus on Israel.

The Boycott Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement is mostly spearheaded in the West by people who have little to nothing attaching them to the Middle-East conflict.

Nothing, that is, beyond the fact that belonging to the hard-left and not supporting BDS has become the equivalent of claiming a love for fashion, while hating haute couture. Though unlike haute couture, BDS is an inelegant and simplistic solution to a protracted and incredibly complicated problem. But who cares for detail when you have a fabulous placard to wave?

The lazy analogy that BDS rests on is with South African apartheid. But unlike apartheid-era South Africa, Arabs make up 20 percent of Israel’s full citizenry. Most of these Arab-Israeli citizens are Muslim. There are mosques on Israeli beaches. Alongside Hebrew, Arabic is an official language of Israel. An Arab-Israeli judge has even impeached and convicted former Israeli prime minster, Ehud Olmert.

And though many problems with integration persist – as they do with minority communities across the West – when surveyed 77 percent of these Arabs expressed an overwhelming preference to remain Israeli, rather than become citizens of a future Palestinian state.

Apartheid South Africa had non-white citizens too. But most of the non-whites were considered "citizens" of the Bantustans, all under white control like the occupied territories in Palestine. There is no difference.

Apartheid South Africa had non-white citizens too. But most of the non-whites were considered "citizens" of the Bantustans, all under white control like the occupied territories in Palestine. There is no difference.

Lazy sloppy thinking. You never learn.

Facts are sloppy when they upset your propaganda wagon. LOL

Facts are sloppy when they upset your propaganda wagon. LOL

That won't get you anywhere either.

:desk:

Almost two million Arab Muslims living in Israel as Israeli citizens with the same exact rights as Israeli Jews and Christians. Apartheid my ass.

Almost two million Arab Muslims living in Israel as Israeli citizens with the same exact rights as Israeli Jews and Christians. Apartheid my ass.

Like the few non-whites that were South African citizens, but most non-whites were citizens of the territories called Bantustans, like the non-Jews in the occupied territories. Israel is following the Apartheid South African model.

Let's use a Jewish source.

"What I'm about to write will not come easily for me.

I used to be one of those people who took issue with the label of apartheid as applied to Israel. I was one of those people who could be counted on to argue that, while the country's settlement and occupation policies were anti-democratic and brutal and slow-dose suicidal, the word apartheid did not apply..........
This is what has become of the rule of law. Two sets of books. One for Us, and one to throw at Them. Apartheid.
We are what we have created. We are what we do, and the injury we do in a thousand ways to millions of others. We are what we turn a blind eye to. Our Israel is what it has become: Apartheid.

read more: It's time to admit it. Israeli policy is what it is: Apartheid

Like the few non-whites that were South African citizens, but most non-whites were citizens of the territories called Bantustans, like the non-Jews in the occupied territories. Israel is following the Apartheid South African model.

I used to be one of those people who took issue with the label of apartheid as applied to Israel. I was one of those people who could be counted on to argue that, while the country's settlement and occupation policies were anti-democratic and brutal and slow-dose suicidal, the word apartheid did not apply..........
This is what has become of the rule of law. Two sets of books. One for Us, and one to throw at Them. Apartheid.
We are what we have created. We are what we do, and the injury we do in a thousand ways to millions of others. We are what we turn a blind eye to. Our Israel is what it has become: Apartheid.

Is anyone taking your ludicrous obsessions seriously?

Haaretz is the leftie the "New York Times" of Israel. Do you have anything but a garbage editorial? All you have is this repetitive propaganda. Fact is, almost 2 million Muslim Arabs live in Israel with the same exact rights as other Israelis.

Is anyone taking your ludicrous obsessions seriously?

You mean the facts expressed by the Israeli Jew author? LOL

Haaretz is the leftie the "New York Times" of Israel. Do you have anything but a garbage editorial? All you have is this repetitive propaganda. Fact is, almost 2 million Muslim Arabs live in Israel with the same exact rights as other Israelis.

The Adalah database of 50 discriminatory laws in Israel -

The Adalah database of 50 discriminatory laws in Israel

Forum List

Back