AP POLL: Tax the rich to pay for health bill

Rocks. If my employer didn't cover me I would cover myself for healthcare. I sure wouln't expect someone else to spend their hard earned money to take care of me. Most of my life I've worked two jobs and can sure do it again. Not so with many in this country. They have no intention of taking care of their own needs. Why should they when we have Govt that is more than willing to take money from someone else to take care of them.

Just brings me back to the problem with healthcare. Cost. Fix the problems.

Rocks. If my employer didn't cover me I would cover myself for healthcare. I sure wouln't expect someone else to spend their hard earned money to take care of me. Most of my life I've worked two jobs and can sure do it again. Not so with many in this country. They have no intention of taking care of their own needs. Why should they when we have Govt that is more than willing to take money from someone else to take care of them.

Just brings me back to the problem with healthcare. Cost. Fix the problems.

I hate to tell you, but if you have insurance then other people will pay to take care of you, if you get sick. That's what insurance is.

The question is.....Is national health insurance a better way, and the answer is, yes. That's why every other industrialized nation in the world has national health insurance, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare.

When I saw an interview with people standing in line for their Obama money they were asked where Obama got the money. None of them knew it was taxpayer money.

I LOVE how the AP seems Shocked that 57% of People say Tax the Guy with More Money... Normally they would Decry this type of Shameless Populism, but of course it's not Glenn Beck saying it, so...

:)

peace...

The 57% that you mention here--is too dumb to realise that they may not have jobs--if they do just that.

And the overwhelming majority of Americans who voted for Obama--clearly believed that they would get "free" health care paid for by others.

"When government is big enough to give you everything you want, it's also big enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

Bullshit.

Every other industrialized country in the world has national health insurance, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare.

And what's preventing you from relocating your ass to one of those countries?!?

I'd be happy just to see the government get rid of the loopholes and offshore tax havens the wealthy and corporations use to avoid taxes. Probably wouldn't have to raise the percentage at all if this was addressed.

This would be one of the dumber posts I've read in a while. Do you liberals ever listen to yourselves and how in love with spending gobs of money you are? Why are you so bent on handing government more and more money? I don't begrudge anyone that uses the system to avoid taxes. In fact that's what everyone should be doing. The spending of our government and especially this administration is out of control and you can bet I'm going to do my part to stop that by keeping as much of my money out of their hands as humanly possible.

Last edited:
I'd be happy just to see the government get rid of the loopholes and offshore tax havens the wealthy and corporations use to avoid taxes. Probably wouldn't have to raise the percentage at all if this was addressed.

This would be one of the dumber posts I've read in a while. Do you liberals ever listen to yourselves and how in love with spending gobs of money you are? Why are you so bent on handing government more and more money? I don't begrudge anyone that uses the system to avoid taxes. In fact that's what everyone should be doing. The spending of our government and especially this administration is out of control and you can bet I'm going to do my part to stop that by keeping as much of my money out of their hands as humanly possible.

Conservatives claim they're all about "law and order", unless it's tax laws, then they're the champions of the tax cheats.

Conservatives claim they're all about "law and order", unless it's tax laws, then they're the champions of the tax cheats.

If someone is Violating Tax Law they should be Prosecuted...

Who says otherwise?

peace...

we just believe we should keep the money we earn and not give it to a government to spend on foreign aid...foreign military bases....union bail outs.....bank bail outs and beauracracy......

and just so i am clear how is sheltering income within the tax code cheating....

we just believe we should keep the money we earn and not give it to a government to spend on foreign aid...foreign military bases....union bail outs.....bank bail outs and beauracracy......

and just so i am clear how is sheltering income within the tax code cheating....

Liberals LOVE to Insinuate Wrongdoing and even Criminality when they are Disagreeing with others on Issues.

Try Disagreeing with them on Homosexual Marriage and see what you get Called...

Not Directly of course, they aren't Honest enough for that.

Insinuation is their Friend.

peace...

The question is.....Is national health insurance a better way, and the answer is, yes.
And your answer is wrong.
The high cost of health care in the US stems from a variety of causes
1 - Inflation driven by Medicare and Medicaid.
2 - Malpractice suits
3 - Inflated costs of Medical School, driven by government school loans
4 - Excessive costs of government mandated processes
5 - Excessive costs of malpractice inspired processes
6 - The generally unhealthy way of life most Americans have
7 - The high cost of researching new drugs and medical procedures

All that a government provided health insurance plan would do is raise costs higher and, since the feds can tax to pay for shortages in their ponzi scheme, destroy the existing insurance companies.

Employer provided insurance is a benefit and paid to employees in lieu of extra pay. For most the choice between the extra pay they might receive and the coverage is a good bet since a company can generally get better rates than an individual.

Apparently you need to answer the same question as well. Why are you so obsessed with making sure our inefficient, bloated government can take as much of people's money as humanly possible. ON WHAT FUCKING PLANET DOES THAT MAKE SENSE? You people don't see the big picture. Our government is running amock because of retards like yourself that defend and essentially endorse their financial irresponsibility by pissing and moaning about people that have the nerve to keep as much as they've earned as possible.

Last edited:

Apparently you need to answer the same question as well. Why are you so obsessed with making sure government can take as much of people's money as humanly possible. ON WHAT FUCKING PLANET DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?

"Obama's America" as the Washington Post Coined it this Morning...

peace...

Because most of the sheltering isn't within the tax code. It's using the shady banking laws of offshore havens to cover up illegal activity.

Forum List

Back