AP POLL: Tax the rich to pay for health bill

No Emma.The Middle class aren't deadbeats. Some lower class aren't either.

I am lower class myself but I have a job. Pay my taxes and have health insurance through my employer. If I can do it. Anyone can do it. Thats the rub. We have many in this country that think the Govt, i.e. the taxpayers are here to support them in every way. They have no incentive to get off their asses and take care of themselves. WE have a society today thats all about gimmeee, gimmeee, gimmee. They think they are entitled to someone elses hard earned money.

Welfare and a Universal Healthcare system is a prime example of that. The only people to be paying into any of this are those with jobs who actually pay taxes. Those that don't will ride that gravy train as long and as far as the can.

The poll tested views on an even more punitive taxation scheme that was under consideration earlier, when the tax would have hit people making more than $250,000 a year. Even at that level the poll showed majority support, with 57 percent in favor and 36 percent opposed.

I LOVE how the AP seems Shocked that 57% of People say Tax the Guy with More Money... Normally they would Decry this type of Shameless Populism, but of course it's not Glenn Beck saying it, so...

:)

peace...

The 57% that you mention here--is too dumb to realise that they may not have jobs--if they do just that.

And the overwhelming majority of Americans who voted for Obama--clearly believed that they would get "free" health care paid for by others.

"When government is big enough to give you everything you want, it's also big enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
When you give a majority of persons the ability to vilify a group AND to make them pay for something that you might see the services from... in general, the populous will not go against such a thing... and because of such tyranny from the masses, we have a Constitution to protect us against such actions... unfortunately for us, the government has shit all over the Constitution for many years now

speaking of villify isn't it interesting to put the villified in a bunch so we can actually look at them,, you will learn a lot about liberals

Villify

Republican Part
Michael Steele
Sarah Palin
John Bohenor
Mitch McConnell
Rush Limbaugh
Glen Beck
Tea Party Goers
AIG executives
Bank Executives
and now
Insurance Companies
Pharacueticals
and FOX new

did I miss anybody?

:lol:Willow:lol:

Considering that this country is $12 trillion in debt and has a budget deficit of a trillion and a half for just this year, if they are going to raise taxes on someone, they ought to be doing it to pay all of that off, not start another unfunded government entitlement program. The Congress is bankrupting the U.S.

No Emma.The Middle class aren't deadbeats. Some lower class aren't either.

I am lower class myself but I have a job. Pay my taxes and have health insurance through my employer. If I can do it. Anyone can do it. Thats the rub. We have many in this country that think the Govt, i.e. the taxpayers are here to support them in every way. They have no incentive to get off their asses and take care of themselves. WE have a society today thats all about gimmeee, gimmeee, gimmee. They think they are entitled to someone elses hard earned money.

Welfare and a Universal Healthcare system is a prime example of that. The only people to be paying into any of this are those with jobs who actually pay taxes. Those that don't will ride that gravy train as long and as far as the can.

Really? Anyone can have an employer that pays for your health care? Are you living on a differant planet?

I am one of those very lucky people that have, at present, one of the Cadilac plans. However, I know many people that work at a reasonably paying job that has no health care plan with it. So, with rent what it is today, they must either forego a roof over their head, or eating in order to buy a health care plan on their own.

Also, you have over six million people who have been layed off. Permantly, in some cases, as the companies they worked for no longer exists. So how do you manage mortagages, living expenses, and the very high Cobra costs on unemployment?

The poll tested views on an even more punitive taxation scheme that was under consideration earlier, when the tax would have hit people making more than $250,000 a year. Even at that level the poll showed majority support, with 57 percent in favor and 36 percent opposed.

I LOVE how the AP seems Shocked that 57% of People say Tax the Guy with More Money... Normally they would Decry this type of Shameless Populism, but of course it's not Glenn Beck saying it, so...

peace...

The 57% that you mention here--is too dumb to realise that they may not have jobs--if they do just that.

And the overwhelming majority of Americans who voted for Obama--clearly believed that they would get "free" health care paid for by others.

"When government is big enough to give you everything you want, it's also big enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

Amen...

peace...

I'd be happy just to see the government get rid of the loopholes and offshore tax havens the wealthy and corporations use to avoid taxes. Probably wouldn't have to raise the percentage at all if this was addressed.

But Emma, that would be unfair. ;)

peace...

Bullshit.

Every other industrialized country in the world has national health insurance, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare.

peace...

Bullshit.

Every other industrialized country in the world has national health insurance, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSvHpvHFXU0]YouTube - George Michael - Faith[/ame]

Bullshit.

Id rather have quality service in a timely manner.

See, unlike you i dont do something just because everyone else is. Especially when we see how badly it works out for them.

Bullshit.

See, unlike you i dont do something just because everyone else is. Especially when we see how badly it works out for them.

How is paying less money for equal (and often better) result a bad outcome?
Also, service is no less timely there than it is here.

Waiting Times For Care? Try Looking At The U.S. - Nurses, Doctors Say It's Time To Debunk The Myths

Waiting times in U.S. hospitals and clinics are becoming so lengthy that even one of the nation's biggest insurers, Aetna, has admitted to its investors that the U.S. healthcare system is "not timely" and patients diagnosed with cancer wait "over a month" for needed medical care, said two leading organizations of doctors and nurses recently.

While the problem has been largely overlooked by the major media, it was quietly exposed by the chief medical officer of Aetna, Inc. late in Aetna's Investor Conference 2007 in March.

In his talk, Troy Brennan conceded that "the (U.S.) healthcare system is not timely." He cited "recent statistics from the Institution of Healthcare Improvement… that people are waiting an average of about 70 days to try to see a provider. And in many circumstances people initially diagnosed with cancer are waiting over a month, which is intolerable," Brennan said.

Brennan also recalled that he had formerly spent much of his time as an administrator and head of a physicians' organization trying "to find appointments for people with doctors."

While Brennan's comments went unreported by the media, his data matches several studies and a report in a June 22 Business Week article which opened by citing the case of a New York woman who had to fight for a timely second exam following suspicious results from a first mammogram and then still had to wait a full month.

The article also noted a University of California San Francisco research report last year that documented average waits of 38.2 days to get an appointment with a dermatologist to examine a possibly cancerous mole.

A Commonwealth Fund study of six highly industrialized countries, the U.S., and five nations with national health systems, Britain, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada, found waiting times were worse in the U.S. than in all the other countries except Canada. And, most of the Canadian data so widely reported by the U.S. media is out of date, and misleading, according to PNHP and CNA/NNOC.

In Canada, there are no waits for emergency surgeries, and the median time for non-emergency elective surgery has been dropping as a result of public pressure and increased funding so that it is now equal to or better than the U.S. in most areas, the organizations say. Statistics Canada's latest figures show that median wait times for elective surgery in Canada is now three weeks.

Sinatra, your responses are getting weaker and weaker.

I gotta rush in here and pick your DOA posts off the ground - but no matter what we do to help you out, you always end up with a set of balls in your face...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgO_VrkzRDI&feature=channel]YouTube - Paramedic Fail[/ame]

Bullshit.

Sorry, the French have the best healthcare system in the world, and it works well for them.

Do a little research outside of right wing websites.

Forum List

Back