AP picture of wounded Marine sparks debate

I find it odd that a family would request such a thing. Truth is truth. I am of the opinion that neither Iraq nor Afghanistan nor any of its citizens are worthy of such sacrifices. Not even one dead soldier. Not even one injured soldier. Not even one tired soldier. Nothing.

Got news for you chump .... had I been killed in that fucking sandbox I wouldn't want the media using my fucking pic to further its agenda. I served this nation and the ideals in the Constitution that created it. I did not put my life on the line to further the MSM's agenda.

What agenda?

Does supporting the troops consist entirely of writing letters and sending cookies. That's apathy. Seeing that they die is the truth. Why shroud the truth? GI-Government Issue. Not showing the truth supports a more heinous agenda IMO, that they don't matter and stats in print of their loss don't upset the taxpayers or potential enlistees.

We had video footage of death and dying in WW2 and Viet Nam. Artists drew it in the Revolutionary and Civil Wars. Death and maiming are facts of war. Where one decides to come down on policy doesn't change those facts.

What agenda?

Does supporting the troops consist entirely of writing letters and sending cookies. That's apathy. Seeing that they die is the truth. Why shroud the truth? GI-Government Issue. Not showing the truth supports a more heinous agenda IMO, that they don't matter and stats in print of their loss don't upset the taxpayers or potential enlistees.

We had video footage of death and dying in WW2 and Viet Nam. Artists drew it in the Revolutionary and Civil Wars. Death and maiming are facts of war. Where one decides to come down on policy doesn't change those facts.

They can show the truth when the family gives the OK to show it. Otherwise, there's no law saying they can't - but it's extremely disrespectful to the dead and to the survivors not to honor their wishes. It burns me that they ignored the the father's request in this case. Some families will certainly allow it, what does it hurt AP to wait for one of those situations before publishing a photo? The war's been around almost 8 years, do they think it's going to end tomorrow?

What agenda?

Does supporting the troops consist entirely of writing letters and sending cookies.

DSC_0294.jpg

The AP did the right thing. It's time for the United States to leave foreign areas of conflict. The President said that he would do it and hasn't followed up. So if the images of death are so unpalatable and make people turn up the heat to get our people home, so be it.

The AP did the right thing. It's time for the United States to leave foreign areas of conflict. The President said that he would do it and hasn't followed up. So if the images of death are so unpalatable and make people turn up the heat to get our people home, so be it.

There's something called respect. Respect for the wishes of this fallen hero's parents and respect for the dead soldier. Today's media has neither respect nor honour. They are only interested in selling news to line their coffers and pushing their own particular political agendas.

The last thing in this world I would want my mother or loved ones to see would be some fucking journo's scoop picture of me lying dead in the shit of some foreign country!

would you want your mother see a picture of you dead just so some news organization can wake up the people?
These men deserve a lot more respect then this.

What agenda?

Oh yeah... death and dying are a fact of war... And that is no secret; and it's not something which needs to be advertised or used as propaganda which serves the interests which that Marine was FIGHTING AGAINST!

Propaganda is a force multiplier... where it serves the enemy, that doesn't change.

American troops simply need to understand that MSM reporters are their enemy; and they need to treat them as such. When more reporters who go out on patrol with American troops don't come back, they'll be fewer reporters who are willing to travel to wars zones to report on American troops only to return home to betray them.

Last edited:
What agenda?

Oh yeah... death and dying are a fact of war... And that is no secret; and it's not something which needs to be advertised or used as propaganda which serves the interests which that Marine was FIGHTING AGAINST!

Propaganda is a force multiplier... where it serves the enemy, that doesn't change.

American troops simply need to understand that MSM reporters are their enemy; and they need to treat them as such. When more reporters who go out on patrol with American troops don't come back, they'll be fewer reporters who are willing to travel to wars zones to report on American troops only to return home to betray them.

That's not going to happen, PI. You see, the troops actually have honor and respect. If they're told to bring that reporter home alive, they'll do it or die trying. That's the difference, and one BIG reason why they deserve respect from the vultures whose asses they take care of.

I find it odd that a family would request such a thing. Truth is truth. I am of the opinion that neither Iraq nor Afghanistan nor any of its citizens are worthy of such sacrifices. Not even one dead soldier. Not even one injured soldier. Not even one tired soldier. Nothing.

I don't find it odd at all. Someone's dying moments is always personal, always showing someone in a mortifying pain and in some cases there's a lot of shame to it (definitely not in this case but nonetheless).

As far as publishing the photo, as a reporter I'd say you have to report on the truth of what is going on, but again as a reporter I would say your job is to serve the people.

and why doesn't shit head bring the troops home like he promised in his messianic campaign speeches?

Because your shithead got US involved to the point we can't just pull them out today.

What and asshole.

P.S. AP fucked up on this one.

They are doing exactly what the last administration did. Use the troops for their own benefit. But it has always been that way. War is a racket that makes some people rich and others widows and orphans.

Fuck them all but nine. Six to carry the coffin. Two to fold the flag, and one to blow taps.

and why doesn't shit head bring the troops home like he promised in his messianic campaign speeches?

Because your shithead got US involved to the point we can't just pull them out today.

What and asshole.

Funny... that shithead was supposed to be the Messiah that could walk on water, and fix the world - hence all the "change". :eusa_whistle:

Thankfully, he won't be seeing a second term.

Forum List

Back