AP blames Pamela Geller for deaths of two jihadis who attacked and tried to kill her

I understand her point, which was that it's okay to openly disagree with something without fear of being attacked. The really sad part is that we are well aware that there are too many radical Muslims who will kill over stupid things.
We can't forever silence ourselves for fear of offending someone. Muslims need to learn to ignore things they don't like since their inability to do that is the real problem here.
If nothing else, this latest attack should highlight what the real threat is, and that is radical Muslims trying to stop people from disagreeing with their religion...

Thing is, some LOON will now insist "this isn't Islam" but, in fact, IT IS! This is Islam.

i find it interesting that the same liberals decrying her, staunchly defend anti christian speech. say like christ in urine....
They remain silent on Muslims beheading gays, hanging gays, and throwing gays off of tall buildings too.

Pam Geller's tactic to defeat jihad by insulting Muhammad and creating more jihadists is totally idiotic. ...... :cuckoo:

Maybe but a couple more of your Jihadi comrades are well on their way to hell.
Mission accomplished! :cool-45:

Killers aren't created over a mere insult. They are already sadistic animals or they wouldn't kill so easily and for so little.

Had she not held the cartoon contest and offered prize money - both men would be alive. That is an undeniable fact. Furthermore, Bank of America is (so far as I know) a legitimate banking business which gives services to their customers that are necessary to cash paychecks, store money for savings accounts, checking accounts, etc.

There was no necessity, no service rendered, nothing of value or good report, nothing to be gained by a cartoon drawing contest of Mohammad. She knew there were armed guards surrounding the place and she also knew it was inciting those who are lost and following the teachings of Islam to wrath. It led to two men - not taking into account the outcome - but overcome by a provocation to anger and wrath - to their deaths.

Big difference. Miss Geller should realize that what she did is not something that Jesus Christ would have done - to gain their attention. He would have spoken truth to them - not this.
I believe Geller is Jewish. Something new for you to hate on?

You don't understand or like the Constitution much, eh?

One has freedom of speech, but that is limited to a certain extent. Can't holler FIRE in a theater, for example. What Geller did was ......I dunno. Anger. Needing attention. Who knows. She put other people in harms way. It would be like "Hey Isis! You suck! Doubledogdareya to come stop me from burning these korans I have...and the bacon I put between each page then drew on the inside cover your prophet doinking a boy younger than 8!" and giving them my town and location of my home where the burning is to take place. Some of my neighbors know, but the whole street doesn't. So some schmucks DO take me up on my dare and set fire or bomb or shoot up the WHOLE STREET or even the whole neighborhood.

She can do whatever floats her ignorant boat, but don't put others lives at stake for her agenda...whatever it was.

Thats the point I was trying to make earlier.

One has freedom of speech, but that is limited to a certain extent. Can't holler FIRE in a theater, for example. What Geller did was ......I dunno. Anger. Needing attention. Who knows. She put other people in harms way. It would be like "Hey Isis! You suck! Doubledogdareya to come stop me from burning these korans I have...and the bacon I put between each page then drew on the inside cover your prophet doinking a boy younger than 8!" and giving them my town and location of my home where the burning is to take place. Some of my neighbors know, but the whole street doesn't. So some schmucks DO take me up on my dare and set fire or bomb or shoot up the WHOLE STREET or even the whole neighborhood.

She can do whatever floats her ignorant boat, but don't put others lives at stake for her agenda...whatever it was.

Alan Dershowitz made my point, better than I have:

Dershowitz Geller s Contest Similar to Provocations of MLK During Civil Rights Struggle - Breitbart

DERSHOWITZ: Right. The speech is tasteless, provocative, but it has a value because it’s making the statement that violent extremists aren’t going to set the boundaries of free speech in this country. This is a country where literally nothing is sacred. And if we’re going to accept an assassin’s veto in this case, we’re going to say the only exception is the image of Muhammad. That’s just perverse and that’s not what this country is about, and that’s not the way it should work.

DERSHOWITZ: I know. I agree. Look, everything that the critics of what Geller has said could be said about Martin Luther King. Now, I don’t want to make any comparisons between the two of them morally or legally, but from a constitutional law point of view, there’s no difference. Martin Luther King picked some of the cities he went to precisely in order to provoke, and bring out the racists and show what kind of violent people they are, so the world could see what is wrong with Jim Crow. It’s part of the American tradition to provoke, so that the world can see.

DERSHOWITZ: And there is some value, but I think one has to remember the most important part of this is there’s only one group in the world today that threatens to kill people who offend them, and that is radical Muslims. . They don’t need Geller to do it. They issued fatwas against Salman Rushdie.

DERSHOWITZ: They issued a fatwa and then murdered Theo Van Gogh. You know, Jews and Christians don’t go after and threaten to kill (inaudible) when he makes this outrageous and anti-Semitic and anti-Christian statements are made. They don’t do it to other groups. And we just cannot accept the veto by threatened extreme violence.

Yes, I agree with Dershowitz. However......she could have had this contest out in a field and still make the same point..whatever it was. That "nobody can tell us what to do"? Who knows. My point is, some folks not wanting to be involved COULD have been harmed. Wanna take on ISIS? Ok. Glad you do. Go for it. Just let those not wanting to risk life, limb, kids, spouses, parents, etc not be in the way of your war.

Whats sad is that the two dead can't talk about who else they know of here planning to do whatever they can to destroy us. I would have preferred them alive...to be...ahem..interrogated.

Try this strawman scenario:

Y'all are glad 2 terrorist scumbags are dead. So am I. BUT....what if they didn't attack the contest area and instead decided to take it out on the state of texas by getting their buds to help them blow up a few schools as payback? How about blowing up a shopping mall? We KNOW there are terrorist cells here...and many more are growing. We need to continue doing what we have always done but one doesn't pour gasoline in their house to burn it down and pour it all down the neighborhood while at it just cuz they feel like it. The situation could have been much much worse. Thank God it wasn't.
They HAVE been doing that, Gracie. They do it without provocation, can't you see that? It doesn't matter if we provoke them or not, they're still going to commit acts of terrorism. This fucking muslim president has been doing his level best to kill the first amendment and every time we refrain from speaking our mind because we might piss somebody off who would kill innocent people we give him another victory (and the terrorists). Americans had better start standing up for their rights before we find ourselves with NONE.

Had she not held the cartoon contest and offered prize money - both men would be alive. That is an undeniable fact. Furthermore, Bank of America is (so far as I know) a legitimate banking business which gives services to their customers that are necessary to cash paychecks, store money for savings accounts, checking accounts, etc.

There was no necessity, no value, nothing to be gained by a cartoon drawing contest of Mohammad. She knew there were armed guards surrounding the place and she also knew it was inciting those who are lost and following the teachings of Islam to wrath. It led to two men - not taking into account the outcome - but overcome by a provocation to anger and wrath - it resulted in both their deaths.

Big difference. Miss Geller should realize that what she did is not something that Jesus Christ would have done - to gain their attention. He would have spoken truth to them - not this.
Had the Christians not been Christians, they would be alive today. Surrender to Allah!

I preach to the Muslims just as I preach to devil worshippers. You must repent of your sins and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. Otherwise you will be in hell. My pointing out that Miss Geller is wrong in no way implies I am in fear of Muslims or will ever surrender to Baal Allah. I'm not and I won't. Still......the truth is the truth and the truth is Pamela Geller was wrong to hold this cartoon contest. There was nothing gained by it. Nothing at all. There were two lives lost. Are you happy about it? You shouldn't be.
Is your truth about Geller of the same weight as the truth of Muslim be headers?
So, should America fight against Islamic terrorist or not?

Is my logic flawed? Perhaps but if that is the case then the LORD will correct me. As I see it the Cartoon drawing Contest of Mohammad was not necessary, it served no purpose other than to put Pamela Geller's name out there further - and in that I believe she acted carelessly and without thought to the outcome.

If she believes Cartoon contests of Mohammad can convert souls why doesn't she go to Karachi, Pakistan and hold one without her entourage and armed guards? If she believes the LORD has called her to this then why would she need protection? Did Elijah need a bodyguard? No. He didn't. And if she were doing the Will of God neither would she.
Damn, good post. Why doesn't she go to Pakistan and have her contest.

Any infidel would be in danger going to Pakistan whether they drew cartoons or not.

The Muslims here need to get the message that people will do things they don't like and they need to suck it up. I would rather lure every radical to a contest and then deal with them. Homeland Security should stage more contests just to see how many radicals come out. I don't care that we have two dead murderers. That is two less idiots that will plan attacks in the future and take out innocent people.

No contest is necessary. They are either for fun or to make a point. It seemed more of a protest than a contest because she was making a point. Sure enough, the radical Muslims lived up to their savage image.

You make a good point, the Muslims played right into Geller's hand

I'd like to know how those two chunks of muzzie shit got their hands on machine guns
They were given them by legal gun owners.

oh----the those guys are culpable-----in fact----some lawyer adept at sophistry COULD make a case that they are guilty of FELONY MURDER since the two lumps of shit died as a result of their illegal act. I am not a lawyer----but I have had a few doses of the filth -----it is really an idiot endeavor

Dershowitz Geller s Contest Similar to Provocations of MLK During Civil Rights Struggle - Breitbart

DERSHOWITZ: Right. The speech is tasteless, provocative, but it has a value because it’s making the statement that violent extremists aren’t going to set the boundaries of free speech in this country. This is a country where literally nothing is sacred. And if we’re going to accept an assassin’s veto in this case, we’re going to say the only exception is the image of Muhammad. That’s just perverse and that’s not what this country is about, and that’s not the way it should work.

DERSHOWITZ: I know. I agree. Look, everything that the critics of what Geller has said could be said about Martin Luther King. Now, I don’t want to make any comparisons between the two of them morally or legally, but from a constitutional law point of view, there’s no difference. Martin Luther King picked some of the cities he went to precisely in order to provoke, and bring out the racists and show what kind of violent people they are, so the world could see what is wrong with Jim Crow. It’s part of the American tradition to provoke, so that the world can see.

DERSHOWITZ: And there is some value, but I think one has to remember the most important part of this is there’s only one group in the world today that threatens to kill people who offend them, and that is radical Muslims. . They don’t need Geller to do it. They issued fatwas against Salman Rushdie.

DERSHOWITZ: They issued a fatwa and then murdered Theo Van Gogh. You know, Jews and Christians don’t go after and threaten to kill (inaudible) when he makes this outrageous and anti-Semitic and anti-Christian statements are made. They don’t do it to other groups. And we just cannot accept the veto by threatened extreme violence.
Geller isn't being denied civil rights. Get A grip.

There was no necessity, no value, nothing to be gained by a cartoon drawing contest of Mohammad. She knew there were armed guards surrounding the place and she also knew it was inciting those who are lost and following the teachings of Islam to wrath. It led to two men - not taking into account the outcome - but overcome by a provocation to anger and wrath - it resulted in both their deaths.

Had the Christians not been Christians, they would be alive today. Surrender to Allah!

I preach to the Muslims just as I preach to devil worshippers. You must repent of your sins and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. Otherwise you will be in hell. My pointing out that Miss Geller is wrong in no way implies I am in fear of Muslims or will ever surrender to Baal Allah. I'm not and I won't. Still......the truth is the truth and the truth is Pamela Geller was wrong to hold this cartoon contest. There was nothing gained by it. Nothing at all. There were two lives lost. Are you happy about it? You shouldn't be.
Is your truth about Geller of the same weight as the truth of Muslim be headers?
So, should America fight against Islamic terrorist or not?

resisting the stink and filth of Islamic terrorism is a capital crime under sharia law. Read the Koran------one of the most impressive stories therein involves a jew living in Medina (aka Yathrib------as he watched the hordes of muzzie pigs pillaging and murdering----he destroyed some of his very valuable possessions in order to save them from the lump of stinking shit----muhummad In the Koran this jew is described as EVIL for so doing. I was very impressed with the filth of the Koran (I read it long ago---like more than 45 years ago----I may be hazy on details-----but that is the STORY in the stinking Koran which is all about the rapist thief-----muhummad)

Geller isn't being denied civil rights. Get A grip.

true-----we are all in a state of SELF GRIP------indignant as we are

Try this strawman scenario:

Y'all are glad 2 terrorist scumbags are dead. So am I. BUT....what if they didn't attack the contest area and instead decided to take it out on the state of texas by getting their buds to help them blow up a few schools as payback? How about blowing up a shopping mall? We KNOW there are terrorist cells here...and many more are growing. We need to continue doing what we have always done but one doesn't pour gasoline in their house to burn it down and pour it all down the neighborhood while at it just cuz they feel like it. The situation could have been much much worse. Thank God it wasn't.

gracie----so true----gloating over two young guys shot dead is not nice------but if they were willing to shoot up a meeting of a bunch of middle aged guys ---not even out in the streets---just in a closed area----doing THEIR THING-----the USA is better off without them

Forum List

Back