Toronto nurse who tried to kill her toddler with insulin given life sentence

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
This is just one reason I am weary when I go to hospitals. It isn't just the plain clothed cops who hang around and the wives of cops who are nurses, but also the manner in which government career employees are viewed here (and too often the personality types they recruit) and how often we read about their abuses (too often without consequences).

This poor child and her evil mother.

Just minutes before Justice Sean Dunphy sentenced Borislava Filipovic to life in prison with no chance of parole for 10 years -- the harshest sentence available for someone convicted of attempted murder -- the judge asked the former nurse if she had anything to say to the court about the brutal attack she inflicted on her baby girl in June 2019 that left her child with cerebral palsy, unable to talk and walk.

Filipovic, wearing a black suit, her long, brown hair hanging loosely, stood up in the prisoner's box of the downtown Toronto courtroom and said "no," showing no emotion.

It would be the anti-climactic but not surprising end to a painfully sad case that detectives and Crown attorneys say they will never forget.

This is just one reason I am weary when I go to hospitals. It isn't just the plain clothed cops who hang around and the wives of cops who are nurses, but also the manner in which government career employees are viewed here (and too often the personality types they recruit) and how often we read about their abuses (too often without consequences).

This poor child and her evil mother.

Just minutes before Justice Sean Dunphy sentenced Borislava Filipovic to life in prison with no chance of parole for 10 years -- the harshest sentence available for someone convicted of attempted murder -- the judge asked the former nurse if she had anything to say to the court about the brutal attack she inflicted on her baby girl in June 2019 that left her child with cerebral palsy, unable to talk and walk.

Filipovic, wearing a black suit, her long, brown hair hanging loosely, stood up in the prisoner's box of the downtown Toronto courtroom and said "no," showing no emotion.

It would be the anti-climactic but not surprising end to a painfully sad case that detectives and Crown attorneys say they will never forget.

What a horrid, horrid story. That poor girl

I imagine that a child so horribly damaged will require a great deal of medical care. I hope the sentence included a mandate that the monster work until it bleeds to pay for that care.

Forum List

Back