AOC states we haven't seen Co2 levels like this since the Pliocene period

Yet never a concern about the poor people when they had their cigarettes taxed by Obama, or their increased costs for fuel, or environmental regulations that made their products more expensive.

That's not part of owning a vehicle. It's part of an overbearing federal government.

Do, we should have no regulations on vehicles.

Let people run them without brakes or any emission nooooooooooo because that wopuld be governmdnt interference.

Emission testing is ridiculous. Any vehicle made in the last 15 years has all kinds of pollution crap on it already. Any truck manufactured in the last five the same.

It's nothing but bureaucracies increasing the size of government and accomplishing nothing at the same time, just like here in Cleveland. It's a huge waste of money; money that can be used for more productive things.

So, we should just trust people & corporations because no one would every disconnect shit or parts never fail.

Oh please. I knew people who failed because their gas cap didn't close 100% tight. And what could you disconnect that would help you in any way?

If you were trying to get rid of grubs in your lawn, and every year you used fertilizer with grub control, and after ten years, you still had grubs, would you continue to waste your money on it? Of course not. It's not doing what it was supposed to do.

Well that's exactly what happened here. So what did the EPA say about it? We had to continue the program.
The EPA did not require that Ohio use emission testing to reduce air pollution. The state decided that. Their are 19 states that did not propose emission testing but instead included other means of meeting air quality standards. Ohio could have done the same by proposing alternatives that would meet the state air pollution reduction goal. In fact, the state can alter their plan at any time.

In January 1996, the State of Ohio began a new vehicle emissions testing program, E-Check, designed to identify motor vehicles that emit excessive levels of pollutants into the air. Among the other emissions control options considered by the legislature, E-Check was the most cost-efficient measure to reduce the volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that form ground-level ozone, or smog. The program currently tests cars in seven Ohio counties.

At the time it was implemented, E-Check used the I/M 240 test, a 240-second transient test during which a vehicle is driven on a dyne (treadmill) and its tailpipe emissions are measured. In 2000, the I/M 240 test was replaced with Acceleration Simulation Mode (ASM) 2525. ASM 2525 is similar to I/M 240 but is perceived to be less stressful on the vehicle. Testing programs, like E-Check, that employ one or more of these tests are referred to by U.S. EPA as "enhanced" programs.

In January 2004, a new, federally mandated test known as On-Board Diagnostics (OBD II) was implemented. OBD II is required for newer vehicles, while ASM 2525 is still used for older vehicles. For more information on OBD II click here.

https://epa.ohio.gov/dapc/echeck/whyecheck/ohio_echeck

Let people run them without brakes or any emission nooooooooooo because that wopuld be governmdnt interference.

Emission testing is ridiculous. Any vehicle made in the last 15 years has all kinds of pollution crap on it already. Any truck manufactured in the last five the same.

It's nothing but bureaucracies increasing the size of government and accomplishing nothing at the same time, just like here in Cleveland. It's a huge waste of money; money that can be used for more productive things.

So, we should just trust people & corporations because no one would every disconnect shit or parts never fail.

Oh please. I knew people who failed because their gas cap didn't close 100% tight. And what could you disconnect that would help you in any way?

If you were trying to get rid of grubs in your lawn, and every year you used fertilizer with grub control, and after ten years, you still had grubs, would you continue to waste your money on it? Of course not. It's not doing what it was supposed to do.

Well that's exactly what happened here. So what did the EPA say about it? We had to continue the program.
The EPA did not require that Ohio use emission testing to reduce air pollution. The state decided that. Their are 19 states that did not propose emission testing but instead included other means of meeting air quality standards. Ohio could have done the same by proposing alternatives that would meet the state air pollution reduction goal. In fact, the state can alter their plan at any time.

In January 1996, the State of Ohio began a new vehicle emissions testing program, E-Check, designed to identify motor vehicles that emit excessive levels of pollutants into the air. Among the other emissions control options considered by the legislature, E-Check was the most cost-efficient measure to reduce the volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that form ground-level ozone, or smog. The program currently tests cars in seven Ohio counties.

At the time it was implemented, E-Check used the I/M 240 test, a 240-second transient test during which a vehicle is driven on a dyne (treadmill) and its tailpipe emissions are measured. In 2000, the I/M 240 test was replaced with Acceleration Simulation Mode (ASM) 2525. ASM 2525 is similar to I/M 240 but is perceived to be less stressful on the vehicle. Testing programs, like E-Check, that employ one or more of these tests are referred to by U.S. EPA as "enhanced" programs.

In January 2004, a new, federally mandated test known as On-Board Diagnostics (OBD II) was implemented. OBD II is required for newer vehicles, while ASM 2525 is still used for older vehicles. For more information on OBD II click here.

https://epa.ohio.gov/dapc/echeck/whyecheck/ohio_echeck
OBD II emission testing equipment is required only for states that have chosen emission testing in their plan to reduce air pollution.

OBD II equipment is compatible with OBD I equipped vehicles. Exhaust testing is still required for vehicles without OBD. OBD II has been required in all cars and light trucks sold in the US since 1996. OBDII emission testing has been required since 2001, however states have been able to apply for extension which Ohio must have done.

In the next few years, we will see other states dropping be emission testing. The emissions of new cars are well below EPA standards. In fact for newer cars almost any failure at the emission testing station will be preceded by a check engine light and often poor performance. As older cars leave the road, there will be less and less need for emission testing. In Washington the failure rate is about one tenth of what is was in the 1980s. The good news is Emission testing coupled with mandated lower emissions from vehicles has certainly improved air quality. The bad news is it's not enough to reduce CO2 levels to avoid climate change.
Vehicle Emissions On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) | US EPA

Last edited:
You love Trumnp's trasde war is is nothing but a huge tax increase that hits poor people.

Yet never a concern about the poor people when they had their cigarettes taxed by Obama, or their increased costs for fuel, or environmental regulations that made their products more expensive.

Don't you dare have a fit because vehicle emissions inspection cost money. It is part of owning a vehicle.

That's not part of owning a vehicle. It's part of an overbearing federal government.

So, no none has ever disconnected their air pollution control. So the dumbassed Texas are concerned about something that can't be done?
Tampering of Vehicle Emission Controls - TCEQ - www.tceq.texas.gov

Image how many grubs your yard would have if you never used it.

I guess you quit putting flea & tick stuff on your dog because it kept getting fleas after a month..

SS-55-29

Top Sub 29” S-S 4 IF Pin on 5 1/2” OD for 4” x 3 1/2 Reg Pin on 5” OD w/ Flats 5” Down - 2 1/2” Long x 3 1/2” Across.

160 lbs ea

More CO two usually makes plants and insects bigger as witnessed by earth's past. I haven't seen either get bigger.
Studies have shown that higher CO2 can help plant growth but nutrition levels can lessen. When you look at a crop like corn, it loses a percentage pf its production with each degree day over 90/95.
Corn is grown for ethanol production at the insistence of the left, to lessen the use of fossil fuels. Corn production requires massive amounts of fertilizer, which runs off the farmland into rivers, some of which winds up in the Gulf of Mexico...causing algal blooms which consume seawater oxygen when they die off. The oxygen depletion causes a massive dead zone every year. In 2017, it was the size of New Jersey.

Congratulations, leftist "environmentalists": You're killing the Gulf of Mexico.

You are an ass.

Ethonol in gasoline was done under George W Bush & Republican Congress. Wow what a bunch of leftists. huh?

It was done to reduce imports, not reduce pollution or greenhouse gas emissions.

Since you admit corn is so evil to grown, then you would be for eliminating beef & other animal production.

Crops an be grown without massive amounts of fertilizer & it can be used without massive runoffs. Here in PA, runoffs from agriculture has been greatly reduced. What percent of runoffs is due to ethanol corn?
I've already shown it was passed by a Democrat Congress.

Why would I support elimination of food animals? That would be stupid. Why do you propose something stupid?

Well, I mean, besides the fact that you're stupid.

"The steep growth in twenty-first century ethanol consumption was driven by federal legislation aimed to reduce oil consumption and enhance energy security. The Energy Policy Act of 2005 required use of 7.5×109 US gal (28×106 m3) of renewable fuel by 2012,"

Ethanol fuel in the United States - Wikipedia
REPUBLICAN Congress. Bush President.

Why would you support the elimination of food for animals???? Because growing corn to feed animals would do all the evil shit you claimed growing corn for ethanol did.

Since you constantly lie about what you post. Here is what you said about ethanol corn production. "Corn production requires massive amounts of fertilizer, which runs off the farmland into rivers, some of which winds up in the Gulf of Mexico...causing algal blooms which consume seawater oxygen when they die off. The oxygen depletion causes a massive dead zone every year. In 2017, it was the size of New Jersey."

Are you stupid or just another dumbass dishonest Trumpette

So, no none has ever disconnected their air pollution control. So the dumbassed Texas are concerned about something that can't be done?

I guess you quit putting flea & tick stuff on your dog because it kept getting fleas after a month..

SS-55-29

Top Sub 29” S-S 4 IF Pin on 5 1/2” OD for 4” x 3 1/2 Reg Pin on 5” OD w/ Flats 5” Down - 2 1/2” Long x 3 1/2” Across.

160 lbs ea

Only a leftist would support doing the same failed things over and over again.

"Folks, Liberals measure success by intent. Conservative measure success by results."
Rush Limbaugh

More CO two usually makes plants and insects bigger as witnessed by earth's past. I haven't seen either get bigger.
Studies have shown that higher CO2 can help plant growth but nutrition levels can lessen. When you look at a crop like corn, it loses a percentage pf its production with each degree day over 90/95.
Corn is grown for ethanol production at the insistence of the left, to lessen the use of fossil fuels. Corn production requires massive amounts of fertilizer, which runs off the farmland into rivers, some of which winds up in the Gulf of Mexico...causing algal blooms which consume seawater oxygen when they die off. The oxygen depletion causes a massive dead zone every year. In 2017, it was the size of New Jersey.

Congratulations, leftist "environmentalists": You're killing the Gulf of Mexico.

You are an ass.

Ethonol in gasoline was done under George W Bush & Republican Congress. Wow what a bunch of leftists. huh?

It was done to reduce imports, not reduce pollution or greenhouse gas emissions.

Since you admit corn is so evil to grown, then you would be for eliminating beef & other animal production.

Crops an be grown without massive amounts of fertilizer & it can be used without massive runoffs. Here in PA, runoffs from agriculture has been greatly reduced. What percent of runoffs is due to ethanol corn?

Why would I support elimination of food animals? That would be stupid. Why do you propose something stupid?

"The steep growth in twenty-first century ethanol consumption was driven by federal legislation aimed to reduce oil consumption and enhance energy security. The Energy Policy Act of 2005 required use of 7.5×109 US gal (28×106 m3) of renewable fuel by 2012,"

Why would you support the elimination of food for animals???? Because growing corn to feed animals would do all the evil shit you claimed growing corn for ethanol did.

Since you constantly lie about what you post. Here is what you said about ethanol corn production. "Corn production requires massive amounts of fertilizer, which runs off the farmland into rivers, some of which winds up in the Gulf of Mexico...causing algal blooms which consume seawater oxygen when they die off. The oxygen depletion causes a massive dead zone every year. In 2017, it was the size of New Jersey."

What makes you think I have to convince you? Your unwillingness to accept the truth is utterly immaterial.

Eat your tofu and be sad.

You are an ass.

What makes you think I have to convince you? Your unwillingness to accept the truth is utterly immaterial.

Great reply. You can't explain why agricultural runoff in growing corn is different when that corn is used for ethanol and corn grown to feed farm animals. You made a stupid post & now try to run away from it.

What an embarrassongly stupid thing to say. Emission controls have made a huge difference in pollution and in our country's emissions overall.

Not here they haven't. All it did was waste billions of our dollars.
What Cities Looked Like Before the EPA - CityLab

"Pollution from vehicles, engines, and fuels dramatically reduced while achieving economic growth"

History of Reducing Air Pollution from Transportation in the United States | US EPA

SS-55-29

160 lbs ea

"Folks, Liberals measure success by intent. Conservative measure success by results."
Rush Limbaugh
You & Rush fuckling Limbaugh are a pair of idiots. Rush Limbaugh, college dropout, makes millions by duping people like you.

SS-55-29

160 lbs ea

Rush Limbaugh
You & Rush fuckling Limbaugh are a pair of idiots. Rush Limbaugh, college dropout, makes millions by duping people like you.
9b25d504f699682242331665e38f92388b5d938d1ddc00925fb0f65b3f37632d.jpg

SS-55-29

160 lbs ea

Rush Limbaugh

If you listen to Rush, you stay informed. That’s why you on the left hate him so much. You CNN whores only hear what they want you to hear. For instance, I understand CNN didn’t have any coverage of the guy suspected of killing 12 Americans because he’s an illegal. Zero coverage, not even a mention of his name.

That’s s why if you want to stay informed, you turn on people like Rush or Fox News.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Who's changing the subject?
You are. You falsely claimed that emission controls have no effect on our nations emissions. Then you try to distract from your madeup lie by cherry picming one reg in one State. That is you, tryimg to change the subject. Frauds gave been doing that since before baby jebus outfrauded them all.

You are an ass.

Great reply. You can't explain why agricultural runoff in growing corn is different when that corn is used for ethanol and corn grown to feed farm animals. You made a stupid post & now try to run away from it.
Corn is corn; the end purpose is utterly immaterial to how it's grown.

Run along now.

Forum List

Back