Anyone surprised that America has low expectations for a Republican congress?

R

rdean

CNN Poll New Congress Americans not feeling change - CNN.com

30% of Americans think Congress will be more responsive to the public in the new session.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2015/images/01/05/congress.poll.01-05-2015.pdf

This was very interesting:

Those surveyed in the CNN/ORC poll released on Tuesday also sounded off on the role of government. Their message? Less government and less focus on values.

The government is trying to doing too much that businesses and individual should handle, 58% of Americans surveyed said.

And 55% said the government shouldn't be in the business of promoting traditional values -- or any values, at all.

--------------------------------------------

Imagine how much less government there would be if Republicans stayed out of our bedrooms.

30% of Americans think Congress will be more responsive to the public in the new session.

Those surveyed in the CNN/ORC poll released on Tuesday also sounded off on the role of government. Their message? Less government and less focus on values.

The government is trying to doing too much that businesses and individual should handle, 58% of Americans surveyed said.

And 55% said the government shouldn't be in the business of promoting traditional values -- or any values, at all.

Imagine how much less government there would be if Republicans stayed out of our bedrooms.
I'm not surprised at all, not in the least. I think most Americans have come to the realization that politics is politics, professional politicians are just that, professional politicians, and that "politics as usual" is still the name of the game in Washington. I also believe that "The Washington Brotherhood" avoids the major issues that concern the public the most, and thus spends most of its time on things further down the priority list. And, the main reason for that is the fact that Lobbyists controls Congress. Those that are controlling the Washington puppets dictate what makes it to a vote on the floors of Congress, and what doesn't make it.

Remember, professional politicians are bought and paid for. They owe many favors once they reach a seat in Congress. Once elected to office, they exert their will and not the will of the people. In addition, it makes no difference whether one is a Republican or a Democrat, Liberal or Conservative, they all play by the same rules, and engage in favoritism and corruption. A professional politician is all about egos, self-service, greed, power, influence, and climbing the political ladder at all cost. At this stage of the game, I really don't think most Americans expect equal, fair, and just representation in government.

Communist New Network poll. Thanks for the laugh. Dean, when it comes to confidence in the US congress, skepticism and even cynicism crosses all ideological boundries. Everyone thinks our congress sucks regardless of their political persuasion. Everyone except people who can pay, that is. Look at the reams of political contribution data available online (look it up yourself). It's IRS data. Note the hundreds of $2000 contributions to congressional election campaigns in almost any congressional district in the country. That's what it costs to get a US congressman on the phone for 5 minutes...two grand. There are a lot of people in this country who know that, but who can't afford that, so they feel like an irrelevancy, so they don't vote. Want to talk to your US senator for 5 minutes? You'd better have forked over $5000 during the last election cycle.

Last edited:

Yet they put them there in historic fashion??!! R Dean dumber than a bag of hammers.

The only repub in my bedroom is my wife,who's in yours?

Yet they put them there in historic fashion??!! R Dean dumber than a bag of hammers.

The only repub in my bedroom is my wife,who's in yours?

Obviously, they had an even lower opinion of the Obama sycophant democrats.

yeah, big change. Bonehead is still leading the charge. Republicans don't even want the RINO.

We didn't put them in there to "do something", we put them in there to stop Obama. We want government to stop doing things.
How are things at the old daycare? Have they given you your milk and cookies yet?

No surprise...people know there is still the moron in the white house.

We have just begun our real recovery from Bush and let's hope the Republicans don't start us down that path again. There must be some other way for business to make bundles without causing another depression/recession.

We have just begun our real recovery from Bush and let's hope the Republicans don't start us down that path again. There must be some other way for business to make bundles without causing another depression/recession.

Hey, why DID it take so long for Obama and crew to figure out which summer was going to be the REAL summer of recovery? Now that the adults are controlling Congress, maybe we can actually move forward, unless of course Obama becomes the obstructionist Reid played so he wouldn't have to.

as much as I despise John McCoward, the other day he came to the press in Arizona and said we have to vote out as many Tea baggers as we can ... they are causing the problem we are having in america until they are gone we won't be able to work in congress

as much as I despise John McCoward, the other day he came to the press in Arizona and said we have to vote out as many Tea baggers as we can ... they are causing the problem we are having in america until they are gone we won't be able to work in congress
If tea baggers are banned what will you do with your face?

Da magic neeeeeegro don't like da pipe.
Da Magic Neeeeeeegro is smart enough to understand there isn't any jobs in the da pipe ... were you don't seem get it ... if the republicans are sooooooooooooooo gung ho for da pipe line, then add to the bill saying that 90% of the oil will be used in the us ... unlike the Alaska pipe line that said they would sell the majority of the oil in the US where it ended up only selling 5%of the alaska oil in the Us ... make them put it in writing if they really want a pipe line oh so bad... that I bet you the idea of da pipe line will go away ... real fast....

Forum List

Back