Anyone Remember This Oprah Quote That old White People Have to Die?

I had forgotten all about it til a friend posted it on FB.

What chance she would have in a campaign for POTUS I dont know since she would be spending half of her day every day of the campaign trying to explain away this stupid assertion of hers.

Not gonna happen! She’s a fucking racist.

Her comments perfectly reinforce my point, that the Left has zero (0) interest in healing racial wounds or actually improving race relations.

They're going to let demographics do the work for them, and then they'll have what they want.

Number one you clearly didn't even bother to look up what the actual comment was, apparently believing the pronoun "they" is some sort of wild card where you can plug in whatever you want later, and number two this was a comment about racism history, not about "the left" Social structure, not politics. All of which you could have found out by vetting the original bogus OP before you stuck your foot in your mouth. Clearly you came here with some bizarro agenda.

The caption and video is a LIE being passed around on Facebook by people who never took the time to actually listen to it....be careful

Propagandists count on us not having the time to go further than a headline.

C4A, this is just the tip of the ice berg for Oprah.

she has not been watching what she says for being vulnerable to being twisted around because she had no political ambitions.

Now that she might, political hacks are going to go over EVERYTHING she has ever said that could be twisted to mean something outrageous and peel off votes.

How many more do you think we will see if she actually runs?

I dont think she was advocating for Old White People genocide, but it sure comes out that way.

Now the OP tries to weasel out of his own words. Mendacity that still sits there in his thread title.

A title he also mendaciously plopped under "current events" even though it's no such thing either.

Fucking dishonest HACK.

I had forgotten all about it til a friend posted it on FB.

What chance she would have in a campaign for POTUS I dont know since she would be spending half of her day every day of the campaign trying to explain away this stupid assertion of hers.

I remember the quote and you misrepresented what it was. It's not what she said.

But the fact that you think fucking Nosebook is a reliable source is itself quotable to say the least.

And the fact that you put up a video with a fake caption instead of her actual voice speaks volumes about your own dishonesty.

Here you go liar, she says all these old racists have to die, from South Africa to her own community in the south where she comes from.

You goddam liars are treasonous SCUM!

Yep! And it was her own black family that raped and impregnated her. Not whites.

Her comments perfectly reinforce my point, that the Left has zero (0) interest in healing racial wounds or actually improving race relations.

They're going to let demographics do the work for them, and then they'll have what they want.

But no, actually they wont.

Demographics will not go the way that Dems are hoping they will.

Hispanics are integrating into the white majority and the Robotics Revolution will kill low skilled immigration as corporations abandon it for robots.

The Democratic Party is sacrificing itself on the Altar of Wishful Analysis.
Well, that could happen, I suppose.

This is why they're hammering so hard on the race stuff, though. They are doing everything they can to condition minorities properly.

I can tell you, in a majority of my own family, it's definitely working. They may or may not like Democrats, but they do see the GOP as racist.

Number one you clearly didn't even bother to look up what the actual comment was, apparently believing the pronoun "they" is some sort of wild card where you can plug in whatever you want later, and number two this was a comment about racism history, not about "the left" Social structure, not politics. All of which you could have found out by vetting the original bogus OP before you stuck your foot in your mouth. Clearly you came here with some bizarro agenda.
Yes, my bizarro agenda was to watch the 17 second video and comment.

That triggered you, predictably.

That's fine. No harm, no foul.

Yep! And it was her own black family that raped and impregnated her. Not whites.
Oprah Winfrey - Biography - IMDb

When Oprah was nine she was raped by her nineteen year old cousin who was baby sitting her. This wouldn't be the only time she was sexually abused she would then be sexually abused by her cousin, a family friend,her mother's boyfriend, and her uncle during her stay in Milwaukee. Toward all these incidents, she never told a soul because the predators swore her to silence.​

Oprah Winfrey - Biography - IMDb

When Oprah was nine she was raped by her nineteen year old cousin who was baby sitting her. This wouldn't be the only time she was sexually abused she would then be sexually abused by her cousin, a family friend,her mother's boyfriend, and her uncle during her stay in Milwaukee. Toward all these incidents, she never told a soul because the predators swore her to silence.​

That was one fcked up family

I can tell you, in a majority of my own family, it's definitely working. They may or may not like Democrats, but they do see the GOP as racist.

Well, I think the improved economy will trump most of that, pun intended.

Already minority unemployment is at record lows.

what do you think the economy will be like in 2018?

Her Liposuction unfortunately got most of her brain...

Hispanics are integrating into the white majority and the Robotics Revolution will kill low skilled immigration as corporations abandon it for robots.

This is why they're hammering so hard on the race stuff, though. They are doing everything they can to condition minorities properly.

This racism BS was alive and well in 2016...how'd that play out for demoquacks?

People are sick of hearing it

Well, I think the improved economy will trump most of that, pun intended. Already minority unemployment is at record lows. what do you think the economy will be like in 2018?
Right now all the fundamentals are there, both domestically and internationally, so barring some unforeseen jolt it should be a year of growth. The stock market needs a correction, and that would be fine and healthy, but the underlying economy looks good right now. We're still long stocks, but with some hedging.

I'm not so sure the economy will trump (har) the race thing. I asked this exact question to a family member last weekend, and they said they don't care, the GOP is racist and that's that. Obviously that's anecdotal, but I still think the party is making mistakes with minorities.

Well, I think the improved economy will trump most of that, pun intended. Already minority unemployment is at record lows. what do you think the economy will be like in 2018?
Right now all the fundamentals are there, both domestically and internationally, so barring some unforeseen jolt it should be a year of growth. The stock market needs a correction, and that would be fine and healthy, but the underlying economy looks good right now. We're still long stocks, but with some hedging.

I'm not so sure the economy will trump (har) the race thing. I asked this exact question to a family member last weekend, and they said they don't care, the GOP is racist and that's that. Obviously that's anecdotal, but I still think the party is making mistakes with minorities.

What mistakes are being made?

The Regressives' constant hammering on race is part of the reason Trump is in office - a huge, frustrated pushback - so maybe you should be thanking the Regressives!

"They just have to die".

Direct quote.

And the OP blatantly lies through his teeth about what "they" refers to --- which is also why he doesn't dare post her actual voice speaking. The discussion at that point was about the old guard of white racists, the Klanners, the Bull Conners, the elements that partisan hacks like the OP point to going "look - Democrats" and insisting that element didn't shift to the Republican Party, rather they DID die. And they note that in assent with Winfrey's sentiment that such exit is a good thing.

Given what the quote actually WAS versus what the OP falsely claims, it means either (a) he counts himself among that old guard of racists, (b) that he thinks that set of racists is the same thing as "all white people" --- or (c) both.

Maybe the OP should explain which one he's going for. More likely he'll just run away.

Sooooo no response OP? Gonna run and hide from your own words? :gay:

Fine, we'll just put you down as "(a)" then. Lying hack.

The Regressives' constant hammering on race is part of the reason Trump is in office - a huge, frustrated pushback - so maybe you should be thanking the Regressives!

I already have...they gave us Trump and during their wails and whines on racism and other BS they forgot the silent majoirty who promptly went to the polls and kicked their asses

Yes, my bizarro agenda was to watch the 17 second video and comment.

That triggered you, predictably.

That's fine. No harm, no foul.

A video with no audio on it splashed with a fake caption is all you need is it? A USMB poster citing fucking Nosebook as a source and you're good to go, that's it?

Wanna buy TWO bridges? Holy SHIT. :banghead:

What mistakes are being made?
You won't like the answer. The Democrats have spent the last, what, 30 or more years pandering specifically to minorities, defending and deflecting from all of their worst behaviors, attacking anyone who dares to criticize them, on and on. We both know that game.

Well, that isn't undone overnight. Plus, minorities are conditioned to the attention. GENERATIONS of them are. So just treating them like Americans just isn't enough. I think if the GOP were smart they'd try some kind of reverse Identity Politics and play the same game.

Plus, the fact remains that the party is still too strongly represented by good old fashioned mouth breathing REAL racists. Even if it's 5%, that's 5% that can be pointed at. The party has to be brave and both acknowledge that racism does still exist and fight it, too. Loudly.

As I said, you won't like the answer. My two cents, from my perspective.

Forum List

Back