Anyone Remember This Oprah Quote That old White People Have to Die?

Her comments perfectly reinforce my point, that the Left has zero (0) interest in healing racial wounds or actually improving race relations.

They're going to let demographics do the work for them, and then they'll have what they want.

Number one you clearly didn't even bother to look up what the actual comment was, apparently believing the pronoun "they" is some sort of wild card where you can plug in whatever you want later, and number two this was a comment about racism history, not about "the left" Social structure, not politics. All of which you could have found out by vetting the original bogus OP before you stuck your foot in your mouth. Clearly you came here with some bizarro agenda.
Yes, my bizarro agenda was to watch the 17 second video and comment.

That triggered you, predictably.

That's fine. No harm, no foul.

A video with no audio on it splashed with a fake caption is all you need is it? A USMB poster citing fucking Nosebook as a source and you're good to go, that's it?

Wanna buy TWO bridges? Holy SHIT. :banghead:
Great, thanks. You've totally changed my mind.

I can tell you, in a majority of my own family, it's definitely working. They may or may not like Democrats, but they do see the GOP as racist.
Well, I think the improved economy will trump most of that, pun intended. Already minority unemployment is at record lows. what do you think the economy will be like in 2018?
Right now all the fundamentals are there, both domestically and internationally, so barring some unforeseen jolt it should be a year of growth. The stock market needs a correction, and that would be fine and healthy, but the underlying economy looks good right now. We're still long stocks, but with some hedging.

I'm not so sure the economy will trump (har) the race thing. I asked this exact question to a family member last weekend, and they said they don't care, the GOP is racist and that's that. Obviously that's anecdotal, but I still think the party is making mistakes with minorities.

What mistakes are being made?
You won't like the answer. The Democrats have spent the last, what, 30 or more years pandering specifically to minorities, defending and deflecting from all of their worst behaviors, attacking anyone who dares to criticize them, on and on. We both know that game.

Well, that isn't undone overnight. Plus, minorities are conditioned to the attention. GENERATIONS of them are. So just treating them like Americans just isn't enough. I think if the GOP were smart they'd try some kind of reverse Identity Politics and play the same game.

Plus, the fact remains that the party is still too strongly represented by good old fashioned mouth breathing REAL racists. Even if it's 5%, that's 5% that can be pointed at. The party has to be brave and both acknowledge that racism does still exist and fight it, too. Loudly.

As I said, you won't like the answer. My two cents, from my perspective.

Your answer didn't upset me and in some ways I agree but generations of pandering to minorities hasn't changed a thing. They expect to be taken care of and sadly probably always will....generations of it has created it

So, after Mac is busted for a particulary disgusting and stupid lie, he's frantically trying to change the topic.

Mac, you lied, and you show no regret for doing so. Why shouldn't everyone correctly assume every word you say is a lie? Because they do.

Trumpflakes, lying is a sin, and you will burn in Hell for it. You may think that lying is okay because God told you it's okay, but that wasn't God. It's Satan's voice that you're obeying. God would never tell you to lie.

So, after Mac is busted for a particulary disgusting and stupid lie, he's frantically trying to change the topic.

Mac, you lied, and you show no regret for doing so. Why shouldn't everyone correctly assume every word you say is a lie? Because they do.

Trumpflakes, lying is a sin, and you will burn in Hell for it. You may think that lying is okay because God told you it's okay, but that wasn't God. It's Satan's voice that you're obeying. God would never tell you to lie.

Mac appears to be burying his/her head in the sand in shit-smearing terror that my characterization is correct and that he/she got caught buying bullshit.

What happens next is Mac will hang around playing word games to dance around his own inebriative dearth of critical thinking, while the OP will (has already) run away to hide. The latter runs away to avoid admitting he fucked up while the former hangs around to continually remind us that he's not going to acknowledge that he fucked up.

Another day, another fallacy.

Not sure what my lie is, please explain.

I can tell you, in a majority of my own family, it's definitely working. They may or may not like Democrats, but they do see the GOP as racist.
Well, I think the improved economy will trump most of that, pun intended. Already minority unemployment is at record lows. what do you think the economy will be like in 2018?
Right now all the fundamentals are there, both domestically and internationally, so barring some unforeseen jolt it should be a year of growth. The stock market needs a correction, and that would be fine and healthy, but the underlying economy looks good right now. We're still long stocks, but with some hedging.

I'm not so sure the economy will trump (har) the race thing. I asked this exact question to a family member last weekend, and they said they don't care, the GOP is racist and that's that. Obviously that's anecdotal, but I still think the party is making mistakes with minorities.

What mistakes are being made?
You won't like the answer. The Democrats have spent the last, what, 30 or more years pandering specifically to minorities, defending and deflecting from all of their worst behaviors, attacking anyone who dares to criticize them, on and on. We both know that game.

Well, that isn't undone overnight. Plus, minorities are conditioned to the attention. GENERATIONS of them are. So just treating them like Americans just isn't enough. I think if the GOP were smart they'd try some kind of reverse Identity Politics and play the same game.

Plus, the fact remains that the party is still too strongly represented by good old fashioned mouth breathing REAL racists. Even if it's 5%, that's 5% that can be pointed at. The party has to be brave and both acknowledge that racism does still exist and fight it, too. Loudly.

As I said, you won't like the answer. My two cents, from my perspective.

Your answer didn't upset me and in some ways I agree but generations of pandering to minorities hasn't changed a thing. They expect to be taken care of and sadly probably always will....generations of it has created it
So this is a choice the GOP has to make. Right now, I think they're going down the wrong road.

Great, thanks. You've totally changed my mind.
Pogo is as persuasive as a jack hammer running 24/7 outside your bedroom window.
I swear, seriously, I can piss off the Regressives without even trying.

My guess is that they know I'm just being honest, and not hateful and nasty like they are.

But holy crap, they do get pissed.

Boy - Republicans surely are worried about Oprah! :cool-45:
Her plumbing trembles in fear when she approaches.
I dont think that Oprah will be defeated by fat jokes.

I am considering voting for her IF SHE BREAKS FROM THE DEMOCRATIC FAR LEFT.

She is a considerable candidate the GOP has to take seriously.
She's got way too much baggage, but I wouldn't put it past that ship of fools who run the DNC to run her.

And fat jokes are totally fair game, haven't you been reading about Trump?

I had forgotten all about it til a friend posted it on FB.

What chance she would have in a campaign for POTUS I dont know since she would be spending half of her day every day of the campaign trying to explain away this stupid assertion of hers.

no white in there. Apparently the right thinks Oprah is a big threat to Trump.

It shows how stupid Oprah really is, because:

A. The blacks create new racists every day with their record-setting, gargantuan violent crime wave and spewing bloodthirsty hatred at whites 24/7.

B. Why do liberals and black crybabies always think the ONLY source of racism against blacks is from whites? ALL races hate the blacks for the violence epidemic and baseless grievance-mongering everywhere they go. You should see what Asians and Latinos think of blacks!

It shows how stupid Oprah really is, because:

A. The blacks create new racists every day with their record-setting, gargantuan violent crime wave and spewing bloodthirsty hatred at whites 24/7.

B. Why do liberals and black crybabies always think the ONLY source of racism against blacks is from whites? ALL races hate the blacks for the violence epidemic and baseless grievance-mongering everywhere they go. You should see what Asians and Latinos think of blacks!
You should see how they treat each other.

Forum List

Back