Anyone Remember This Oprah Quote That old White People Have to Die?

Like all of her fellow liberal theorists, she does not understand the nature of people. Emotional desires conquer rational knowledge.

They do, often -- this board demonstrates that every minute.

This isn't a "liberal", "conservative" or "political" issue though. It's about racism. That's a sociocultural issue. And those are far more entrenched and far slower-evolving than political ones. It's understandable to want them to evolve faster but maybe not realistic.
Her entire posit is unrealistic. Racism, especially her special brand of it, is entrenched in her culture. That's why she says what she says. It won't matter how many of them die off, there will always be others to take their place.

It's entrenched in both cultures, if one stipulates a "white culture" and a "black culture". But yes I'm inclined to agree it's simplistic to believe it turns over and goes away simply by a generation dying off. It's more complex than that. It's entrenched in literature, in pop culture, in employment, and certainly in the economic manifestations of the past centuries that have determined where everyone lives and what their future is. Those are characteristics that don't die off with a generation.

Although to be contextually accurate that wasn't the whole of her analysis here.
She talks about "them" dying off. She doesn't see it as a multi-racial problem. No "we" about it.

Clearly she does, since she pointedly did not specify a race. The OP did that. But he plugged it in out of nowhere. "Them" still applies as long as she herself is not part of said generation.
I guess she was talking about blacks !!!! ??!!

I’ll play along with Oprah. So, what happens, Oprah, after that “gerneration” dies? Are you saying racial harmony will be more achievable? What about the up and coming “generation” that chooses to blame whites; in particular, white males, for the sins of their fathers and grandfathers. What’s your plan or what do you believe needs to happen here?

They do, often -- this board demonstrates that every minute.

This isn't a "liberal", "conservative" or "political" issue though. It's about racism. That's a sociocultural issue. And those are far more entrenched and far slower-evolving than political ones. It's understandable to want them to evolve faster but maybe not realistic.
Her entire posit is unrealistic. Racism, especially her special brand of it, is entrenched in her culture. That's why she says what she says. It won't matter how many of them die off, there will always be others to take their place.

It's entrenched in both cultures, if one stipulates a "white culture" and a "black culture". But yes I'm inclined to agree it's simplistic to believe it turns over and goes away simply by a generation dying off. It's more complex than that. It's entrenched in literature, in pop culture, in employment, and certainly in the economic manifestations of the past centuries that have determined where everyone lives and what their future is. Those are characteristics that don't die off with a generation.

Although to be contextually accurate that wasn't the whole of her analysis here.
She talks about "them" dying off. She doesn't see it as a multi-racial problem. No "we" about it.

Clearly she does, since she pointedly did not specify a race. The OP did that. But he plugged it in out of nowhere. "Them" still applies as long as she herself is not part of said generation.

I guess you're obsessed with race!!!! ??!!

I guess you're obsessed with race!!!! ??!!
this reminds me of BLM saying ''we need to start killing people
BLM Anti-Trump Protest In Seattle: ‘We Need To Start Killing People’
I guess, by your reasoning--they mean killing BLACK people--not whites
they didn't say ''kill white people'''
hahahahahahha
maybe they mean killing wookies, or Palestinians, martians, etc??!!!
hahahhahahaah

Last edited:
I had forgotten all about it til a friend posted it on FB.

What chance she would have in a campaign for POTUS I dont know since she would be spending half of her day every day of the campaign trying to explain away this stupid assertion of hers.

I remember the quote and you misrepresented what it was. It's not what she said.

But the fact that you think fucking Nosebook is a reliable source is itself quotable to say the least.

And the fact that you put up a video with a fake caption instead of her actual voice speaks volumes about your own dishonesty.

hahahah what hypocrites you people are
Trump can ask someone to pass the salt and it is RACIST
anything and everything he says is RACIST
you use some kind of idiotic logic-voodoo to conclude it is racist--when it is not even close to the definition !!
then when we call out Oprah--''o--no--that's not racist''
for Oprah/blacks, you move the goal posts--and change the idiotic logic to logic

I've never described Rump as "racist", in upper case or lower. Prove me wrong.

You're deflecting in desperation but the fact remains there is no "whitey" or "white" in the Winfrey commentary at all.
I posted the interview passage verbatim and invited anybody to show where it is. Nobody can, because it isn't. Again, the OP pulled that out of his ass.

. I'm on offense here. I came to attack. As soon as I saw your posts I already knew they were bullshit. And I proved it. And there ain't a damn thing you and your hissyfit revisionistas can do about that.

Oprah mentioned racism is S. Africa (Apartheid) and the southern U.S. Obviously she was talking about whites. I did notice that she did NOT say "They just have to die off". She clearly said "They just have to DIE" (and emphasized the word "DIE"). That gives her statement a whole different meaning.

Forum List

Back