Anyone remember having milk delivered to your house? Stealth old age thread.

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I do, Shenandoah's Pride dairy.....We had a insulated galvanized steel box on the front porch.

R.ba69c1a49361d8e823d687f96ee5964e

OIP.kIkWguH7WUS6qEq2bYw0ZAHaJ3

Of course back then all the kids accused each other of lookin' like the milkman. ;)

I think this dairy serviced NYC. ;)

OIP.QkX12imOYnsobthanHzOJAAAAA

I do, Shenandoah's Pride dairy.....We had a insulated galvanized steel box on the front porch.

R.ba69c1a49361d8e823d687f96ee5964e

OIP.kIkWguH7WUS6qEq2bYw0ZAHaJ3

Of course back then all the kids accused each other of lookin' like the milkman. ;)

I think this dairy serviced NYC. ;)

OIP.QkX12imOYnsobthanHzOJAAAAA
Milk deliveries AND egg deliveries.

I looked like the eggman.

I do. I worked at the local city dairy in its last few waning days back in the eighties when I was sixteen.

. . . it then went out of business after that last generation that still used it, no longer used that service. They could not compete with the other shops that sold Ice Cream. . though they had the best, their dairy prices were just too high.

8dywhm.jpg
8dywkz.jpg

8dywr2.jpg
8dywup.jpg

8dywyc.jpg
8dyx26.jpg

8dyx9b.jpg
8dyxcp.jpg
8dyxhk.jpg

Nope. But my dad told us stories. He delivered ice blocks to people for their Ice Boxes.

There is a home delivery dairy around the Sound that is still in operation and doing well. They provide much more than just milk too. Kinda spendy.

I do remember having milk delivered to the front door. But when my folks sent us to the grandparent's farm every Summer, we just squeezed a cow titty.

I remember that. We had a metal box with a lid on it on our front porch. The milkman would come by on certain days, walk the milk to the door, and put it in the box. I was a little boy back then, but I still remember it.

I do remember having milk delivered to the front door. But when my folks sent us to the grandparent's farm every Summer, we just squeezed a cow titty.
I have squeezed cow titties too, but for different reasons.

We didn't have milk delivered, but we did have Soda. A distributor's own brand.

That, and the old style seltzer "squirt" bottles.

We didn't have milk delivered, but we did have Soda. A distributor's own brand.

That, and the old style seltzer "squirt" bottles.

My Grand dad had a farm 5 miles outside a small town in Arkansas. It was a dry county, so you couldn't buy any liquor.

But he had a Negro bootlegger who would deliver a bottle of wine to his house every day, for 20 years or more. When I spent the summers down there on the farm, I'd find piles of empty bottle everywhere: In the barn, the chicken houses, the smoke house, and piles of them out in the woods.

It was probably that bootleg shit that did him in.

Forum List

Back