Anyone Here Write Business Plans For a Living?

A person would spend more than $2,000 just to put a roof on your traditional house.
a container needs and a plazma welder a roof too or would rust long before 20 years. PLus you need insulation and sun protection.

So whcih is cheaper? HOw do you insulate a container?

Why would it rust in 20 years? It has spots for water run off. In fact many people that build these types of homes even build gardens on the roof and place their solar panels there. :rolleyes:

EVERY house needs insulation. Sun protection? What are you talking about with sun protection? The paint fading? Almost ALL houses need to be repainted... and if you get siding you still have to do protective measures with it. You are brining up things that aren't special to the shipping container homes. And in fact, if a person pays the money to do so, they could get it sprayed with the same material that is used to spray truck beds and it will last forever without having to worry about rust or leaking.

even build gardens on the roof and place their solar panels there. :rolleyes:

dirt and water on metal roof would rust through in 3 years or less. you'd need a protective layer. ineffect you'd need a roof

Of course they put something down on the roof for the garden, but the fact remains, they don't have to put a pitched roof on the shipping containers... that's the whole point.

Look at this single wide trailer, they liter the countryside in Kentucky, look at how flat the roof is.

cream_white_small.jpg
Trailer-2.jpg

Now tell me how they are any different?

dirt and water on metal roof would rust through in 3 years or less. you'd need a protective layer. ineffect you'd need a roof

Of course they put something down on the roof for the garden, but the fact remains, they don't have to put a pitched roof on the shipping containers... that's the whole point.

Look at this single wide trailer, they liter the countryside in Kentucky, look at how flat the roof is.

cream_white_small.jpg
Trailer-2.jpg

Then you'll have to find the same local for them as the above.

They aren't going to be just the shipping containers.

so what are they going to be???

shipping-container-homes14.jpg
Poteet+Architects+Container+Guest+House+%25285%2529.jpg
shipping-container-tiny-home.jpg

Just a few examples... they have all the amenities just like any other home.

No subdivision is going to allow those. Mobile home parks for permanent residences probably will not either. You'll have to find a secluded piece of land and develop it from the ground up.

Not true, they are already being built in Kentucky, specifically in the Louisville area.

cream_white_small.jpg
Trailer-2.jpg

Then you'll have to find the same local for them as the above.

These are all over the place in Kentucky... and they are much less sturdy and durable.

EVERY house needs insulation.g.

Plus insulation, insulation in the walls and underneath. They look cute but they're not practical.

Wrong, EVERY house uses insulation. Why are these all of a sudden different and impractical?

most insulation windows doors etc is for 2/4 studs. Do you put 2/4's insulation and sheetrock in???

Plus insulation, insulation in the walls and underneath. They look cute but they're not practical.

Wrong, EVERY house uses insulation. Why are these all of a sudden different and impractical?

most insulation windows doors etc is for 2/4 studs. Do you put 2/4's insulation and sheetrock in???

Yes, they are finished on the inside. Do you think they are just metal box with a less than an inch of metal between the inside and the outside?

Just take the time and Google Shipping Container homes and look at pictures and stuff yourself. That will answer all the question you are asking me in no time.

Yes, they are finished on the inside. Do you think they are just metal box with a less than an inch of metal between the inside and the outside?

Just take the time and Google Shipping Container homes and look at pictures and stuff yourself. That will answer all the question you are asking me in no time.

if they are finished inside with 2/4's insulation sheetrock then I doubt they are cheaper than standard construction since metal is more expensive than wood

if they are finished inside with 2/4's insulation sheetrock then I doubt they are cheaper than standard construction since metal is more expensive than wood

I told you exactly how much I can get a 40" refurbished Shipping container for and proved your statement false.

I told you exactly how much I can get a 40" refurbished Shipping container for and proved your statement false.
including shipping to site??? I asked you to compare prices including roof all finishing sheetrock insulation plazma cutting etc and you were afraid to??

including shipping to site??? I asked you to compare prices including roof all finishing sheetrock insulation plazma cutting etc and you were afraid to??

No, you asked to compare the price of building the structure of a traditional house to using a shipping container. You said the traditional way would be cheaper. I showed you are wrong.

No, you asked to compare the price of building the structure of a traditional house to using a shipping container. You said the traditional way would be cheaper. I showed you are wrong.

Not when everything is added in order to make it meet codes.

Show us the address of subdivisions where they are installed.

Forum List

Back