Are manufacturing goods comming back?

What will President Donald Trump do to bring jobs into America?

• He will get rid of the minimum wage

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CultureCitizen

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2013
The POTUS has said several times he intends to bring back the manufacturing jobs to America. Do you think it is pheasible?

The POTUS has said several times he intends to bring back the manufacturing jobs to America. Do you think it is pheasible?
How come you cannot spell right?

Does your spell checker not work right?

Anyway, it will take time to bring mfg jobs back.

DJT first needs to tax the crap out of foreign companies who are importing their cheap foreign crap into the USA (like China).

He also needs to make the expensive foreign cars even more expensive until it hurts (like Germany).

If he can complete all this by 2020 I will be surprised. It all started with Reagan 37 years ago and it has been getting worse ever since.

Creating a lower regulatory, and to a lesser degree tax, load will create jobs faster than they can be outsourced. If the proposed BAT is changed to an effective VAT that would also create US jobs faster than they can be outsourced. But trying to bring jobs back from Mexico or China will simply push those jobs to the more stable regions of Africa. However explaining that kind of transmission mechanism ain't going to fly.

sure its PHEASIBLE; some of them for sure through lower taxes and fewer regulations, and better trade deals. Many more if we make unions and budget deficits illegal; still more if we end the liberal war on our families, schools, and religions that renders many Americans unfit for difficult or complicated manufacturing work.

Last edited:

Approximately 4M - 5M manufacturing jobs are no longer performed by American workers. Those jobs include but are not limited to simple assembly work, design work, operations and facilities maintenance/management, back office work, and ancillary support jobs. If manufacturers repatriate manufacturing facilities in the U.S., some of those jobs of each type will necessarily return as well; however, the quantity of those jobs will not come close to reversing the several million that were lost.

I wish that Made is USA sold at a premium, I've never experienced it even when I made consumer goods.

Interesting, what industries through what distribution model? I've run 30+ US mfgs in maybe 20 industries and can't say I've seen a preference outside of (obviously) military aerospace & electronics but that's regulations so I don't count it. All my customers talked about it in consumer goods but it was never as important as design and I never felt I could charge more against my Chinese competitors. And when I sold both US and Chinese products I was never able to differentiate on price.

Interesting, what industries through what distribution model? I've run 30+ US mfgs in maybe 20 industries and can't say I've seen a preference outside of (obviously) military aerospace & electronics but that's regulations so I don't count it. All my customers talked about it in consumer goods but it was never as important as design and I never felt I could charge more against my Chinese competitors. And when I sold both US and Chinese products I was never able to differentiate on price.

So , it was automation that scrapped those jobs?

Yes. I believe the tide of manufacturing has swung towards minimally favorable US for the last 8 or so years and that Trump will make it more so. From my perspective I would say that mfg jobs are growing strong in the US but the mfg employment numbers tell a different story. I dont know what the difference is but automation is the biggest thing I can think of. My friend has grown his metal fabrication business 4X in revenues in the last 6 years and likely double again in next 2 years and be one the the biggest in the US and he's done it with minimal employee growth. And I envy him, employees are a big pain in the ass. I'm for minimum guaranteed income and let technology free capital from labor.

So , it was automation that scrapped those jobs?

automation or tools don't scrap jobs obviously. If they did we would have no jobs after 3000 years of new tools!!
Well Ed , industrial revolution has only existed for 250 years in the US, or roughly 180 years if you consider before that it was still partly a slave based economy.
Regardless, employment levels peaked in the year 2000.

sure its PHEASIBLE; some of them for sure through lower taxes and fewer regulations, and better trade deals. Many more if we make unions and budget deficits illegal; still more if we end the liberal war on our families, schools, and religions that renders many Americans unfit for difficult or complicated manufacturing work.
Even Dumbo Dubya Got an MBA From a Prestige School

Brownnosing mediocrities who graduate from Bizz Skule are unfit to run our businesses. Even the plutocrats they bootlick secretly agree with this. They'd never say to a Blue Chip high-school graduate, "So you got SATs in the top 1%? What are you going to major in when you go to college? Business Administration?"

Well Ed , industrial revolution has only existed for 250 years in the US, or roughly 180 years if you consider before that it was still partly a slave based economy.

and now we are suddenly going to have new inventions that replace more jobs than farm equipment, electricity, indoor plumbing, engines, refridgeration, motors, planes, plastic, oil????
you are doing little more than lying!

and now we are suddenly going to have new inventions that replace more jobs than farm equipment, electricity, indoor plumbing, engines, refridgeration, motors, planes, plastic, oil????
you are doing little more than lying!

Yes, suddenly this is happening , and statistics seem to be supporting my point of view.
If you have any stats describing growing employment levels after 2000, then you should share them and stop calling me a liar.

The RWNJ trumpkins are so damn hypocritical and so is the lying cheeto in chief. How does he have the nerve say he will bring mfg jobs "back" to the US when he refuses to make his own products here? Why is this okay with the trumpkins?

:eusa_liar:
Behind Their Media Image, Liberals Are Agents of Scrooge

Because he has a good case by just blaming taxes and regulations. Outsourcing is not all about cheap labor. But toleration of immigration, legal or illegal, is all about cheap labor.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back