Anyone Going to See BUCKETHEAD @ First Avenue?

caddo kid

Gold Member
Aug 15, 2018
An Evening with BUCKETHEAD | First Avenue

I wanted to see BUCKETHEAD for years but just never seemed to get around to going to a show.

I finally bought tickets in very early January, 2016 for a Minneapolis show in April, 2016.
It ended up being THE very day that Prince passed away.
April 21, 2016 was a bit surreal as the entire Twin Cities seemed in a state of shock from the news of the death of Prince but when Buckethead hit the stage it was pure magic.

Have seen Buckethead twice now & going to see him for a third show tonight at First Avenue.
Anyone here going? .........................

Buckethead is a monster. LOFL

Last edited:
There were over 30,000 people at the Florida event on Wednesday, and about 200 at the Bernie or Biden events. You know what letter also starts with Biden and Bernie? Buckethead…….

Never heard of them but then again I'm an old fogey....... Last time I went to a concert Mozart had just released Symphony #16 in C Minor....... :eusa_whistle:

• Banned
There were over 30,000 people at the Florida event on Wednesday, and about 200 at the Bernie or Biden events. You know what letter also starts with Biden and Bernie? Buckethead…….

I take it you're not going? :21:

• Banned
Never heard of them but then again I'm an old fogey....... Last time I went to a concert Mozart had just released Symphony #16 in C Minor....... :eusa_whistle:

I'm 58 .......... started playing guitar ~50 years ago @ age 9, played cello for four years from age 11 to 15 in an 85 piece orchestra ........... from 1987 to 2001 when I lived in DFW one of my favorites was the Van Cliburn International Piano Competition in Fort Worth ............. I LOVE classical music like cra cra .........

• Banned
the guy is kinda strange but a pretty good player......

Brian has played with a lot of folks; played for GNR (Guns & Roses) in the 2000-2005 time frame, Bootsy Collins, Les Claypool (Primus), and a lot of others. He has put out more albums than just about anyone I have ever known to produced recorded music, he plays bass, banjo, and he does a mean moon walk .................. LOFL ............

Last edited:

Brain has played with a lot of folks; played for GNR (Guns & Roses) in the 2000-2005 time frame, Bootsy Collins, Les Claypool (Primus), and a lot of others. He has put out more albums than just about anyone I have ever known to produced recorded music, he plays bass, banjo, and he does a mean moon walk .................. LOFL ............
Ozzy Osbourne related a funny experience he had with him......he was auditioning to be Ozzy's guitarist and Ozzy thought he was good and wanted to hire him but he would not take his Kentucky fried off his head so Oz could see his face and tell him,but he refused to take it off .....so Ozzy said see ya....he said i aint going to hire a guy who wont let me see his face.....this was in the early 90's when Bucket was just getting going.....

Brain has played with a lot of folks; played for GNR (Guns & Roses) in the 2000-2005 time frame, Bootsy Collins, Les Claypool (Primus), and a lot of others. He has put out more albums than just about anyone I have ever known to produced recorded music, he plays bass, banjo, and he does a mean moon walk .................. LOFL ............
Ozzy Osbourne related a funny experience he had with him......he was auditioning to be Ozzy's guitarist and Ozzy thought he was good and wanted to hire him but he would not take his Kentucky fried off his head so Oz could see his face and tell him,but he refused to take it off .....so Ozzy said see ya....he said i aint going to hire a guy who wont let me see his face.....this was in the early 90's when Bucket was just getting going.....

That is a very cool, interesting story; I like it!!

In March, 1982, a few years before I moved to DFW, I went to see Ozzy in Shreveport, LA, my home town.
The ONLY reason I went was to see Randy Rhoads play guitar & man, he did NOT disappoint!!!
Sadly Randy played only four more shows after I saw him, and as we all know he died in a plane crash.

Uber here; off to Buckethead ........... don't 'drink & drive' ........... enjoy the show ..........

That is a very cool, interesting story; I like it!!

In March, 1982, a few years before I moved to DFW, I went to see Ozzy in Shreveport, LA, my home town.
The ONLY reason I went was to see Randy Rhoads play guitar & man, he did NOT disappoint!!!
Sadly Randy played only four more shows after I saw him, and as we all know he died in a plane crash.
yea Rhodes was pretty good for someone his age, its shame what happened to him ......

Forum List

Back