Anyone enjoy just hiking and camping

I haven't technically "been hiking" in a long time....when we did it regularly we had two enormous and very protective half-Rotties. They wouldn't let the kids lag behind, would actually grab my younger boy's arm when he did, and drag him along. Not particularly nicely, either, because the boy was generally sulking and resisting. If she couldn't drag him, she'd let go and bite his butt to get him moving. It worked.

We hiked in very remote country, lots of cougar. (Not that that's a necessity anymore for cougar, sheesh).

I was "hiking" in my flipping so-called "pasture" to feed the horses and a spike got caught in the fence. I was like dammit, now I've got to find someone with a gun and kill this little shit.

He fell in wire, got down in a bunch of it, then spasmed and got himself OUT except for one hind foot. So he was upside down, with his foot all twisted, bawling like a stupid calf...I'm like I'm not going anywhere near you stupid deer bastard. And sure enough, a few seconds later he jerked himself up and got his foot out and jumped the fence where it is LOWER and joined the other deer that were staring stupidly at him from the other side of the fence.

Forum List

Back