Anyone else seen this? Obama declares national emergency.

Again your instinctive, kneejerk defense of Obama via deflection is noted.

Ya know, they won't kick you out of the cult for non-performance. You CAN, every now and then go, "What?" or even, as in the TV press pool fiasco, say something like "This is stupid," without any ands buts & ors.

But you cannot fight your instinct to quickly defend your cult leader, all the while denying you're in the cult! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You actually believe it's necessary to declare a national emergency over 1,000 deaths? You don't question the timing, this happening while the health care bill is taking on water and sinking? You don't think maybe, he's wagging the dog a little?

Of course you don't, because you have willingly suspended all rational thinking and questioning in order to be a good little lapdog cultist.

Again, your pitiful crying over a joke. A joke. :eusa_eh:

The fact you are so willing to defend Fox News against anyone is a sad testament. I, on the other hand, do not currently support Obama for his actions since taking office. So while you can say all you like that he's my cult leader, I'll be here in reality.

As for the National Emergency, it goes beyond just 1,000 deaths. Just because people aren't dying in large numbers, doesn't mean a large amount of people aren't sick. Whether the national emergency was needed or not is up to debate.

I was just merely a joke, you went all Glenn Beck on me.

What does Fox news have to do with the topic? Who the heck is defending Fox news? We are talking about this so called national emergency

And yet every year over 36000 are killed by the flu. How exactly is 1000 deaths an emergency?

Where is Eots and Terrel to claim we are all going to the FEMA camps?

And yet if Obama had waited until hospitals were full and then declared a national emergency, you clowns would be screaming WHY'D HE WAIT SO LONG?!
Um, no. Because it will never get to that. This is not the turn of the last century. I know the rhetoric youse guys like to spew. But our medical system really IS the very best in the world. We could have a 100k people sick and dying right now and still not have an emergency on our hands.

This is just a bit premature on "The Obama's" (May his tents remain forever dry) part.

While H1N1 is a serious threat, this declaration seems premature, much like his Nobel Prize.

Well Glenn Beck better be heading for his bunker then. Because this is obviously just a ploy by the Obama Administration to round up all the Fox News Journalists. :rolleyes:

Where were those FEMA camps that Terral was telling us about again? :lol:

Will Obama be denying swine flu vaccine to FoxNews journalists??

I wanna tell you so bad, but I'd rather you just hear it from someone else. You will eventually.

It's not like it's really all that great, it's just funny because I know you all too well.
:lol: I heard...btw, it's never been a secret. If you'd reversed the names it would have been more true...the doofus admitting I was smarter and he'd always had a secret crush on you.

flu has already been earsed in away swine is a new kind of sickness killing alot of young kids or really illing them you all can make and do stupid idoitc insult but maybe this will help get the ball rolling.

god people have to be picky about every litte thing? what color hair do you think obama should have? should he go and give his kids a hug and kiss before going off to school?

get a life let him run the show. Intill you get elected you can shut up

OK, let's look at what the reasons were for the declaration;

Obama declares swine flu a national emergency

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius now has authority to bypass federal rules when opening alternative care sites, such as offsite hospital centers at schools or community centers if hospitals seek permission.
Some hospitals have opened drive-thrus and drive-up tent clinics to screen and treat swine flu patients. The idea is to keep infectious people out of regular emergency rooms and away from other sick patients.
Hospitals could modify patient rules — for example, requiring them to give less information during a hectic time — to quicken access to treatment, with government approval, under the declaration.
It also addresses a financial question for hospitals — reimbursement for treating people at sites not typically approved. For instance, federal rules do not allow hospitals to put up treatment tents more than 250 yards away from the doors; if the tents are 300 yards or more away, typically federal dollars won't go to pay for treatment.
Administration officials said those rules might not make sense while fighting the swine flu, especially if the best piece of pavement is in the middle of a parking lot and some medical centers already are putting in place parts of their emergency plans.

Of course it is much more fun to go with conspiracy theories, but seems to me to be a reasonable step at this time.

Josephine County declares swine flu emergency | Oregon Local News - - OregonLive.com

Health, Southern Oregon »
Josephine County declares swine flu emergency
By The Associated Press
October 23, 2009, 4:12PM
GRANTS PASS -- Josephine County has declared a state of emergency over the swine flu.

The declaration today by county commissioners in Grants Pass cited two people dead, 21 in the hospital, and many more sick with the H1N1 virus.

County health director Belle Shepherd says the declaration will allow the county to get faster results on state lab tests and extra medical personnel if the local hospital gets overwhelmed.

Shepherd says Josephine County has one of the highest rates of hospitalization of swine flu cases in the state, and that hospitals in Grants Pass and Medford are near capacity -- a condition known as code yellow.

Commissioners in neighboring Jackson County, where Medford is located, will consider making the same declaration at their meeting Wednesday.

Crew flies south to transport swine flu patient to Portland hospital | Oregon Local News - - OregonLive.com

Crew flies south to transport swine flu patient to Portland hospital
By Michael Russell, The Oregonian
October 22, 2009, 5:13AM
A medical team helped transport a patient with the H1N1 virus from the Rogue Valley Medical Center in Medford to Legacy Emanuel Hospital & Health Center, hospital officials said.

Tuesday night, the team flew south to Medford aboard an Oregon Army National Guard Blackhawk helicopter.

Zachary Painter, 32, of Grants Pass was then taken to Portland, where officials said he remained in critical condition late last night.

The National Guard chopper was called in because no LifeFlight Network helicopters were available, according to the Oregon Military Department.

Obama declares swine flu a national emergency - Yahoo! News

By PHILIP ELLIOTT, Associated Press Writer – 24 mins ago
WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama declared the swine flu outbreak a national emergency and empowered his health secretary to suspend federal requirements and speed treatment for thousands of infected people.
The declaration that Obama signed late Friday authorized Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius to bypass federal rules so health officials can respond more quickly to the outbreak, which has killed more than 1,000 people in the United States.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlDjDAFW1Ck]YouTube - Swine Flu Vaccine: Will We Have A Choice?[/ame]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Loe_Fisher

Last edited:
A national emergency eh?

What a goddamned ridonkulus joke this has all become...

Spanish Flu (1918-1920): 50 million
Asian Flu (1957-1958): 1.5-2 million
Hong Kong Flu (1968-1969): 1 million
Asiatic Flu (1989-1990): 1 million
Influenza (Normal yearly world-wide): 250-500,000
H1N1/Swine Flu (2009 world-wide): 5,000

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmCKvY684WI]YouTube - Pink Floyd- Pigs On The Wing (Part 1 and 2) Video[/ame]

Column: Swine flu shot? Not for this little piggy

Certainly those at serious risk should get the vaccine, but there doesn't seem to be much evidence that it is needed for everyone

By Shelley Fralic, Vancouver SunOctober 24, 2009 4:12 PM

Consider this fair warning to all you germaphobes and nervous Nellies: I will not be getting the swine flu shot.

And my hunch is that many other British Columbians of good health and sound mind will also not be heeding the inoculate-'em-all, big and small, entreaties issued this week from federal health authorities, who in an odd singsong of official well-meaning laced with hysteria are encouraging pretty much everyone to line up, in order of priority, for the H1N1 shot.

No argument, of course, with the common sense directive that the swine flu vaccination is a must for those with suppressed immune systems, and chronic physical infirmities such as diabetes, kidney disease, asthma and blood disorders.

And, yes, it's a scary mutating invader, showing little regard for traditional victims of flu, such as seniors, but instead an affection for young healthy women....

With few exceptions, most of the 86 deaths in Canada (nine in B.C.) attributed to H1N1 as of Oct. 22 have been linked to underlying medical conditions

In fact, most documented cases of swine flu have been mild ones, according to the Public Health Agency of Canada, which also reminds us that other flu strains account for between 2,000 and 8,000 Canadian deaths each year...

Column: Swine flu shot? Not for this little piggy

flu has already been earsed in away swine is a new kind of sickness killing alot of young kids or really illing them you all can make and do stupid idoitc insult but maybe this will help get the ball rolling.

god people have to be picky about every litte thing? what color hair do you think obama should have? should he go and give his kids a hug and kiss before going off to school?

Ignoring the fact that the post is incoherent in some spots, I am going to address the last line.

As long as I have air to breath, I will not shut up. I am not going to abrogate my God given right as an American to speak freely simply because you don't like it. I am not going to shut up when the people who are supposed to represent me are doing stupid things.

Don't like that? Tough. I'm not going to stop any time soon.

wuz dat engrish ?

Something just struck me as more than a little curious. Since a healthy immune systen is a necessary prerequisite for a vaccination to be effective exactly what good does it do some one whose immune system is all but non functioning anyway to get a vaccination against anything.

Josephine County declares swine flu emergency | Oregon Local News - - OregonLive.com

Health, Southern Oregon »
Josephine County declares swine flu emergency
By The Associated Press
October 23, 2009, 4:12PM
GRANTS PASS -- Josephine County has declared a state of emergency over the swine flu.

The declaration today by county commissioners in Grants Pass cited two people dead, 21 in the hospital, and many more sick with the H1N1 virus.

County health director Belle Shepherd says the declaration will allow the county to get faster results on state lab tests and extra medical personnel if the local hospital gets overwhelmed.

Shepherd says Josephine County has one of the highest rates of hospitalization of swine flu cases in the state, and that hospitals in Grants Pass and Medford are near capacity -- a condition known as code yellow.

Commissioners in neighboring Jackson County, where Medford is located, will consider making the same declaration at their meeting Wednesday.

Our hospital went into pandemic mode about 3 weeks ago (give or take) d/t the increased number of ER patients and admissions. We've had a number of flu patients on our unit, something we haven't had in the past 2 years I've worked here. Combine that with staff being out sick, and there's a definite crunch.

Forum List

Back