Anyone else seen this? Obama declares national emergency.

I personally can't wait to see the justification that Ravi comes up with.

We both know it's coming, Mani. :lol:

Isn't it really just a legal formality used as a mechanism to release resources?

The move allows Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius "to temporarily waive or modify certain requirements" to help health care facilities enact emergency plans to deal with the "pandemic."

Those requirements are contained in Medicare, Medicaid and state Children's Health Insurance programs, and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act privacy rule.

"The 2009 H1N1 pandemic continues to evolve. The rates of illness continue to rise rapidly within many communities across the nation, and the potential exists for the pandemic to overburden health care resources in some localities," Obama said in a statement.

I'd like to know more about what requirements are being waived or modified exactly???

Obama just wanted to mash the NATIONAL EMERGENCY button to see if it even worked.

It's a rite of passage for presidents.
Heck, if you can't play with all the buttons why would anyone even wanna be there.

Just hope he does not push the big one.
Nuke.jpg

Every time there is an 'emergency' by any government - it pays to look very closely at what else is going on.

"Now would be a great day to bury bad news" 2.55pm, 09 11 2001, Jo Moore, Ministers Aide, UK Labor Government.

I don't have a problem with this.

Presidents declare national emergencies all the time when a hurricane is going to strike. It doesn't mean anything other than response times are faster if needed.

If it meant we were all going to be forced to have the vaccine or forced into quarantine that would be a different story.

Obviously the CDC is concerned about the deaths of people that normally do not die from the flu.

Presidents declare national emergencies all the time when a hurricane is going to strike. It doesn't mean anything other than response times are faster if needed.

If it meant we were all going to be forced to have the vaccine or forced into quarantine that would be a different story.

Obviously the CDC is concerned about the deaths of people that normally do not die from the flu.

Rav, you just made my day. And you have no idea why! :rofl:

Rav, you just made my day. And you have no idea why! :rofl:
Are you joking...you owe me rep, Pauli.:lol:

Isn't it really just a legal formality used as a mechanism to release resources?

The move allows Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius "to temporarily waive or modify certain requirements" to help health care facilities enact emergency plans to deal with the "pandemic."

Those requirements are contained in Medicare, Medicaid and state Children's Health Insurance programs, and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act privacy rule.

"The 2009 H1N1 pandemic continues to evolve. The rates of illness continue to rise rapidly within many communities across the nation, and the potential exists for the pandemic to overburden health care resources in some localities," Obama said in a statement.

I'd like to know more about what requirements are being waived or modified exactly???

Good question. And, yes it is an act that allows for less regulated spending and more monies on demand with little need for rationale of the need for more funds.

It opens the doors for Terral's worst nightmare scenario to come to fruition.

We're all fucked.

5,000 people have died worldwide.

Pretty soon, it'll be like 5,500! And then we're well on our way to 90% global depopulation!

*cue the audio from the Hindenburg crash reporter

I wanna tell you so bad, but I'd rather you just hear it from someone else. You will eventually.

It's not like it's really all that great, it's just funny because I know you all too well.

Forum List

Back