Anyone else seen this? Obama declares national emergency.

Feb 28, 2009
Obama declares swine flu a national emergency - Yahoo! News

By PHILIP ELLIOTT, Associated Press Writer – 24 mins ago
WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama declared the swine flu outbreak a national emergency and empowered his health secretary to suspend federal requirements and speed treatment for thousands of infected people.
The declaration that Obama signed late Friday authorized Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius to bypass federal rules so health officials can respond more quickly to the outbreak, which has killed more than 1,000 people in the United States.

Last edited:
And yet every year over 36000 are killed by the flu. How exactly is 1000 deaths an emergency?

Where is Eots and Terrel to claim we are all going to the FEMA camps?

Well Glenn Beck better be heading for his bunker then. Because this is obviously just a ploy by the Obama Administration to round up all the Fox News Journalists. :rolleyes:

Where were those FEMA camps that Terral was telling us about again? :lol:

Well Glenn Beck better be heading for his bunker then. Because this is obviously just a ploy by the Obama Administration to round up all the Fox News Journalists. :rolleyes:

Terral went to have Eots paint a pumpkin face on his ass.

Well I volunteer to act as the staging point for USMB resisters to the FEMA camp deportations. Bring food, water and weapons. Even you liberal turds are welcome.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
  • Banned

Again your instinctive, kneejerk defense of Obama via deflection is noted.

Ya know, they won't kick you out of the cult for non-performance. You CAN, every now and then go, "What?" or even, as in the TV press pool fiasco, say something like "This is stupid," without any ands buts & ors.

But you cannot fight your instinct to quickly defend your cult leader, all the while denying you're in the cult! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You actually believe it's necessary to declare a national emergency over 1,000 deaths? You don't question the timing, this happening while the health care bill is taking on water and sinking? You don't think maybe, he's wagging the dog a little?

Of course you don't, because you have willingly suspended all rational thinking and questioning in order to be a good little lapdog cultist.

Ya know, they won't kick you out of the cult for non-performance. You CAN, every now and then go, "What?" or even, as in the TV press pool fiasco, say something like "This is stupid," without any ands buts & ors.

But you cannot fight your instinct to quickly defend your cult leader, all the while denying you're in the cult! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You actually believe it's necessary to declare a national emergency over 1,000 deaths? You don't question the timing, this happening while the health care bill is taking on water and sinking? You don't think maybe, he's wagging the dog a little?

Of course you don't, because you have willingly suspended all rational thinking and questioning in order to be a good little lapdog cultist.

Again, your pitiful crying over a joke. A joke. :eusa_eh:

The fact you are so willing to defend Fox News against anyone is a sad testament. I, on the other hand, do not currently support Obama for his actions since taking office. So while you can say all you like that he's my cult leader, I'll be here in reality.

As for the National Emergency, it goes beyond just 1,000 deaths. Just because people aren't dying in large numbers, doesn't mean a large amount of people aren't sick. Whether the national emergency was needed or not is up to debate.

I was just merely a joke, you went all Glenn Beck on me.

Again, your pitiful crying over a joke. A joke. :eusa_eh:

The fact you are so willing to defend Fox News against anyone is a sad testament. I, on the other hand, do not currently support Obama for his actions since taking office. So while you can say all you like that he's my cult leader, I'll be here in reality.

As for the National Emergency, it goes beyond just 1,000 deaths. Just because people aren't dying in large numbers, doesn't mean a large amount of people aren't sick. Whether the national emergency was needed or not is up to debate.

I was just merely a joke, you went all Glenn Beck on me.

And yet the yearly flu epidemic is worse every year then this swine flu thing, yet we do not go into a National Emergency over it every year. Once again 36000 routinely die a year due to the regular flu strains we have every year. And last I checked there is no problem with millions sick and in hospital or home abed.

It's a rite of passage for presidents.

"Don't press the red button! Fuck! You pressed the red button!"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THt6zThZEiM&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:
And yet the yearly flu epidemic is worse every year then this swine flu thing, yet we do not go into a National Emergency over it every year. Once again 36000 routinely die a year due to the regular flu strains we have every year. And last I checked there is no problem with millions sick and in hospital or home abed.

I said his action in this was up to debate. What don't you get about that? Personally? I thought it was unneeded.

Someone make a really scary conspiracy theory thread about this to steal away Terral's thunder :lol:

And yet every year over 36000 are killed by the flu. How exactly is 1000 deaths an emergency?

And yet if Obama had waited until hospitals were full and then declared a national emergency, you clowns would be screaming WHY'D HE WAIT SO LONG?!

And yet if Obama had waited until hospitals were full and then declared a national emergency, you clowns would be screaming WHY'D HE WAIT SO LONG?!

Isn't it time for your kool-aid injection?:cool::cuckoo:

I see how you avoided the relevant point of the thread and instead simply criticized other posters...

not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

However, care to take a stand on whether you agree or disagree with declaring this a national emergency at this point?

I disagree with O-boy completely on this one.

Forum List

Back