Anybody Watch ALONE?

Ofcourse! They have no camera crew (except at the med-checks and the tap outs).

They just have bits and pieces from every contestant that they have to stitch together to make a show out of it.

I thunk they do a pretty good job (not always...bu8t for the most part they do).

I can't get that guy out of my mind. The one with the autistic son. He about lost his mind. He ate mice. Ate snow. He held out as long as he could.

The part I can't get out of my mind is him staring into the camera with that blank stare, happy birthday to you

The part I can't get out of my mind is him staring into the camera with that blank stare,

The thousand mile stare...most long termers have it at some point.

Both alan and sam had it in season 1. They had it BAD!

Stop in the middle of a sentence and stare for a minute or longer.

The thousand mile stare...most long termers have it at some point.

Both alan and sam had it in season 1. They had it BAD!

Stop in the middle of a sentence and stare for a minute or longer.
1692705830291.png

I just thunked...now that ALONE is over...what am I going to do in thursday nights? :crying:

Currently watching Alone: Frozen.
Now they did it. They found a way to make a woman win.
Scientific, and well known fact, women do better tolerating cold and famine short term than men.

"Women are simply better fit biologically to withstand cold and famine than men," Dr. Grayson concluded. "They are smaller, with 17 percent less body mass on average than men, so they need less food to survive. They have nearly twice the percentage of body fat -- roughly 27 percent whereas men have only 15 percent. And more of a woman's body fat is subcutaneous -- right beneath the skin. It has a poor blood supply, which makes it an excellent insulator. If you put men and women out in the cold, the women will do better."

It doesn't take a Genius to see that they specifically targeted basically a frozen desert with very little wildlife, and with long tidal areas means fishing is practically non-existent. And they made the competition shorter than ever.
They really-really want a woman to win.

What I hate is no one is thriving. They’re all just surviving. Makes me wonder how humans survived 400,000 years ago.
It Takes A Village..... :).

It truly does in the sense that the work load and necessities like getting getting water, picking berries, building huts, and hunting food are divided up....among the group, which allowed them to survive.

We were not meant to be ALONE....it was never the creator's intention, with any animal species.

Currently watching Alone: Frozen.
Now they did it. They found a way to make a woman win.
Scientific, and well known fact, women do better tolerating cold and famine short term than men.

"Women are simply better fit biologically to withstand cold and famine than men," Dr. Grayson concluded. "They are smaller, with 17 percent less body mass on average than men, so they need less food to survive. They have nearly twice the percentage of body fat -- roughly 27 percent whereas men have only 15 percent. And more of a woman's body fat is subcutaneous -- right beneath the skin. It has a poor blood supply, which makes it an excellent insulator. If you put men and women out in the cold, the women will do better."

It doesn't take a Genius to see that they specifically targeted basically a frozen desert with very little wildlife, and with long tidal areas means fishing is practically non-existent. And they made the competition shorter than ever.
They really-really want a woman to win.

I would love to see them drop people off once the lake has already froze over. Give them

Ice Fishing Gear
A good gun
Snow shoes and all the warm clothing needed
Flint stick, knife, pot,

I would love to see them drop people off once the lake has already froze over. Give them

Ice Fishing Gear
A good gun
Snow shoes and all the warm clothing needed
Flint stick, knife, pot,
Long term men would win hands down. And openly proven by the shows Alone and Naked and Afraid.
Men do better in isolation, they have fewer social needs as women and women are generally better at maintaining close relations with each other than men. Not to mention strength and endurance.
All generally speaking. There have been two gals in particular on Naked & Afraid that are super impressive bad asses, better than most men. But that is an anomaly.
Most people, as you can see in different discussions on the net, that watch the show have clearly seen that Alone is trying to get a female to win. They almost had it when they dropped a woman literally right on a salmon run - just before the salmon run began. That was blatantly obvious. But she was hurt and had to medically tap out. She would have won for sure because she had unlimited Salmon to eat.

Long term men would win hands down. And openly proven by the shows Alone and Naked and Afraid.
Men do better in isolation, they have fewer social needs as women and women are generally better at maintaining close relations with each other than men. Not to mention strength and endurance.
All generally speaking. There have been two gals in particular on Naked & Afraid that are super impressive bad asses, better than most men. But that is an anomaly.
Most people, as you can see in different discussions on the net, that watch the show have clearly seen that Alone is trying to get a female to win. They almost had it when they dropped a woman literally right on a salmon run - just before the salmon run began. That was blatantly obvious. But she was hurt and had to medically tap out. She would have won for sure because she had unlimited Salmon to eat.
Women know how to stay warm but not alone.
1692805053404.png

in the sense that the work load and necessities like getting getting water, picking berries, building huts, and hunting food are divided up

This is true. But I've learned from naked and afraid XL that teams of 2-3 seem to work far better than teams of 7-9.

With 2-3 people, everybody pulls their weight & you don't seem to get the back stabbing drama.

Forum List

Back