Anybody Watch ALONE?

Thunk

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2019
Minnesota
ALONE is a TV show on the history channel on thursday nights (it's on right now but those are previous episodes...the new episode is on at 8:00 PM Central).

They take 10 contestants and dump their ass in the deep woods. They are miles apart from each other so they're not going to "meet up". There are no film crews so they are truly ALONE! They have to film themselves.

They have to live/survive off the land. Any one can tap out at any time.

Last one standing gets a half a million dollars :banana:
:yes_text12:

If you get those in Congress to enter the contest I may watch.

:auiqs.jpg:

Otherwise, not intrested.

ALONE is a TV show on the history channel on thursday nights (it's on right now but those are previous episodes...the new episode is on at 8:00 PM Central).

They take 10 contestants and dump their ass in the deep woods. They are miles apart from each other so they're not going to "meet up". There are no film crews so they are truly ALONE! They have to film themselves.

Yes .. just finished watching Season 9 and it was a disappointment. This whole season was a disappointment with the way it was edited and the content of the series. All the other seasons focused on the day to day actions, hobbies and activities to keep their mind occupied (e.g. making forks, tables, traps, etc.)

Taz tapped out tonight :banana:

What an annoying little fuck! I'm glad he's gone!

ONLY 4 REMAIN!

And I'll be happy with any one of those 4 winning it all! But I'm rooting for Wyatt!

This whole season was a disappointment with the way it was edited

Yeah...they've been learning as they go. Season 1 just fell into place but after that, they've been searching for the right way to present it. They've had some success and some failures.

Who do you think will win? That woman has ground bones and other ingredients into a flour that might sustain her. None of them ready to survive winter. Need a moose or bear

Yes .. just finished watching Season 9 and it was a disappointment. This whole season was a disappointment with the way it was edited and the content of the series. All the other seasons focused on the day to day actions, hobbies and activities to keep their mind occupied (e.g. making forks, tables, traps, etc.)
The one guy made a ukulele. I didn’t think that was possible with just fishing string.

Taz tapped out tonight :banana:

What an annoying little fuck! I'm glad he's gone!

ONLY 4 REMAIN!

And I'll be happy with any one of those 4 winning it all! But I'm rooting for Wyatt!
I laughed when the skinny dweeb lost his quiver. Nice effort making arrows but he was a guide? I would not pay him to be my guide after seeing him on alone.

Yeah...they've been learning as they go. Season 1 just fell into place but after that, they've been searching for the right way to present it. They've had some success and some failures.
I want to see them arrive, build a quick easy and effective house, then secure food. Set snares, fish and hunt.

I wish they would all catch more food and see how they handle winter with food supplies.

It seems like most don’t even make it to winter. Sad. They should be ashamed.

Who do you think will win?

I'm thunking wyatt because he's got the right attitude. He's made a lure...caught fish...lost his lure & made a new one...caught more fish.

The girl (I thunk it's melanie) keeps crying over her boyfriend...She ain't gonna make it. It's all about keeping a positive mental attitude and your belly full. (and a good fireplace/shelter when the snow flies).

I love that show! I loved the guy that sharted in his own sleeping bag! That was classic!

What I hate is no one is thriving. They’re all just surviving. Makes me wonder how humans survived 400,000 years ago.
The Flintstones are a documented history. We could learn from watching their episodes.

I loved the guy that sharted in his own sleeping bag! That was classic!

That's what happens when ya don't boil your water.

He reminded me of an old funny...it went...

THE MAN WAS A FOOL AND NOW HE'S DEAD...AND YA KNOW WHAT THAT MAKES HIM???

A DEAD FOOL! :auiqs.jpg:

The Flintstones are a documented history. We could learn from watching their episodes.

I do!

Gazoo1.png

The first 3 seasons are awesome... enjoy.
By Season 4 the producers are trying hard to make a woman win. It's obvious.
Season 6 I doubt you will like. I certainly didn't, and I love the show.
They specifically said they wanted it to be "more diverse". So the contestants were 40% female, 2 blacks, 2 latinos, an Arab and an Asian kid. ALL of them were nowhere NEAR the badasses they have had in prior seasons.
I doubt the show last past season 7.

Is it more important to build a shelter, or obtain food?

IMHO you need to do both at the same time. Building any type of shelter is gonna burn alot of calories.

So I was thunkin'...First you find a big rock to build your tee pee around...this rock will be part of your fire place so every fire you have will heat the rock and keep your shelter warm...throw up a tee pee frame in 10 minutes...strech a rope across 2 poles of the tee pee and hang your tarp...that is your first shelter.

Then go catch a fish or 2.

Then add poles (sticks) to your tee-pee...keep adding until it's almost enclosed...

Go catch another few fish...Don't worry about saving them...just eat 'em!

Next start mixing up a mud puddle with moss or grass clippings and covering your tee pee with it (all the while you keep sleeping under your tarp inside the tee pee.

Go catch/eat more fish.

Keep piling on the mud/moss mixture thick for heavy insulation. When done...take your tarp down and your shelter is done.

Now use the tarp as a rain catch so you don't have to boil your water.

Build a 2nd smaller tee pee for a smoker when you kill a moose.

I would also dig a trench for the tee pee poles to go in...fill the trench with dirt when all the poles are in place.

This would add stability & allow your tee pee to survive just about any storm!

Forum List

Back