Anybody else strangely attracted to Jodi Arias?

uh.... who?

OK, I had to Google Jodi Arias... I don't find the fantasy as perverted as the idea that this is what passes for "news" when there's real news going on.

Strange news priority. This is what gets air time? Really??

Meh, news is self defining. If people find some event interesting and wish to receive information about it, ta da you have news.

It is a sensational murder with lots of sex and violence, plus the killer is a relatively young female. Air time has been spent on far less interesting things.

Meh, news is self defining. If people find some event interesting and wish to receive information about it, ta da you have news.

It is a sensational murder with lots of sex and violence, plus the killer is a relatively young female. Air time has been spent on far less interesting things.

"Self defining"??

Ummm... don't think so. Non-stories like this are the pap that fake-news networks grind out for the gossip-brained. Sex, violence, young (white) female, all the elements of carnival sideshow. But the viewers don't decide they "wish to receive information about it"; it's marketed to them, heavily. Make no mistake: the viewers are the followers, not the leaders.

For their part, the viewers that acquiesce to following this bullshit are enablers of it, and thus part of the problem. But this kind of bullshit story belongs buried on page 58 of section D of the local paper and nowhere else.

They sell this swill because P.T. Barnum keeps on being right. Let's face it: whatever Jodi Arias did or didn't do has absolutely Zero impact on 99.999999% of us. Doesn't anyone wonder what it is we're missing while the fake news channels are spending so much time on inane crap like this?

"Self defining"??

Ummm... don't think so. Non-stories like this are the pap that fake-news networks grind out for the gossip-brained. Sex, violence, young (white) female, all the elements of carnival sideshow. But the viewers don't decide they "wish to receive information about it"; it's marketed to them, heavily. Make no mistake: the viewers are the followers, not the leaders.
Negative. News is a business and they are after viewers, they'll throw items out that people are interested in seeing. If nobody was interested in this trial they wouldn't cover it.

They sell this swill because P.T. Barnum keeps on being right. Let's face it: whatever Jodi Arias did or didn't do has absolutely Zero impact on 99.999999% of us.
Having a direct impact on people is hardly a qualifier for something being news. A soccer ref dying after a punch in the head and a 747 crashing don't impact many people either. Hell the bombings in Boston didn't impact me, I guess that isn't news to me either.

"Self defining"??

Negative. News is a business and they are after viewers, they'll throw items out that people are interested in seeing. If nobody was interested in this trial they wouldn't cover it.

Positive. News is journalism. News "business" is commercial crapola. It ain't news.

Your logic is like saying SUVs exist because sometime in the '90s consumers swarmed Detroit with picket signs demanding the right to pay more money for inverted bathtubs that roll over and get shitty gas mileage. Didn't happen.

Learn how capitalism works, Skippy. The vendors lead; the masses follow. Why they follow is my query.

And learn the difference between journalism and commercial fake-news. This is the latter. Not to be confused with the former.

The three lies:
"The check is in the mail"
"This won't hurt a bit"
"We're just giving the customers what they want".

And learn the difference between journalism and commercial fake-news. This is the latter. Not to be confused with the former.
Ahh fake news. There is no Jodi Arias. They manufactured her.

These reporters making reports are not journalists.

Pogo isn't interested therefore it is all fake and cannot be considered journalism.

Only things that impact you are news.

God you're dumb.

Ahh fake news. There is no Jodi Arias. They manufactured her.

They certainly manufactured the idea that this should be a national story.

These reporters making reports are not journalists.

They'd like to be I'm sure, but they're assigned to cover this crap.

Pogo isn't interested therefore it is all fake and cannot be considered journalism.

False logic.

Only things that impact you are news.

God you're dumb.

See above.

I've got 25 years in broadcasting; I know whereof I speak as to what constitutes "news" and what constitutes pap smears. I daresay I understand how media works better than you understand your own area of expertise, trolling.

Like it or lump it, Cinderella.

I know it's wrong but I feel an overwhelming fantasy coming on.

If I was on a jury I would have to recuse myself. I don't want to convict her, even though she probably deserves a 2nd degree murder conviction.

You ask this as men (and women) came here from far distant states to watch her in court?

If you find her hot or sexy or whatever, its because you like dangerious sexual situations? I am all for kinky sex but come on, to get stabbed for some tail? No thanks.

I know it's wrong but I feel an overwhelming fantasy coming on.

If I was on a jury I would have to recuse myself. I don't want to convict her, even though she probably deserves a 2nd degree murder conviction.

Umm...no.

Casey Anthony is cuter.
I will probably cop flack for that, but its true. ;)

I don't find her attractive at all, I'm not about to lose my head over her.

Amanda Knox?
Foxy knoxy!

Looks ok from a distance but up close she is a spotty acne scarred plain Jane.

She reminds me of a painting by Monet!

Look good from a distance, but are nasty up close!!

We get a lot of monets around this neck of the woods!

as Gino Vanelli says

black cars look better in the shade

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m39piBT2vE]Gino Vanelli - Black Cars - YouTube[/ame]

--LOL

Great fucking 80's choice in video's dude.

Forum List

Back