Any new stupid rules in the NFL this year?

The rule needed though, is how not to let your players and half time acts (high jack) the entire event in order to make political statements. Those who cross the line needs to be banned for no less than two full years.

I think the new rule is if you stand for the playing of the National Anthem, you're considered a Trumpster and a racist.

I watched a pre-season game where the receiver caught the ball in the end zone, came down with it but when he hit the ground the ball visibly shifted in his arms. Oh I know! Not a catch, I got this. The ruling was: Touchdown. I give up.

Any new stupid rules in the NFL this year?
Yep. Getting the ball at the 25 instead of the 20 on a touchback. Obviously, this is the NFL's next step --- in 2011 they moved the kickoff spot up 5 yards from the 30 to the 35 --- in trying to do away with kickoff returns altogether, which is one of the most exciting plays in football. It's just another attempt to take away the incentive to run the ball out from the endzone. Luckily for fan excitement, some of these guys will still run it out even if they catch the ball in the third row. Of course this could also get the fans to boo the shit out of them and also get you a bus ticket out of town from the HC if you fuck it up :badgrin:

The other stupid rule is permanently leaving in place the new PAT spot, which is really no longer a extra point kick, but a 33 yard field goal attempt. I guess this is the NFL's way of pushing teams to go for the 2 point conversion instead. Man, would I be pissed if I lose a game on an extra point/33 yard field goal miss.

Here's a radical idea. When a team scores a TD, just give them 7 points and move on to the kickoff FROM THE 30 YARD LINE, and if he drills it into the endzone and the returner sits on it, then bring it out to the 20.

New rule this year, if players raise the voice to an opponent, they must immediately apologize to the opponent. The penalty if the don't is no milk and cookies that evening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

New rule this year, if players raise the voice to an opponent, they must immediately apologize to the opponent. The penalty if the don't is no milk and cookies that evening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yupp........two 'unsportsmanlike conduct' penalties in the same game and you're ejected and have to service Hillary for one night!

I hardly watch anymore. Too many Miss Nancy rules, too much officiating and too damn many commercials.

so very true.
too many BS critical calls as well is why unless it is my Rams,i wont watch it anymore.

I will never watch another superbowl again unless they or the chargers are in it.I woke up to how corrupt the NFL is after they allowed the cheats to get off scott free in deflategate. shady bradys four game suspension was a mere slap on the wrist,a joke of a punishment.

If the NFL was not so corrupt,they would have suspended him an entire SEASON,Belicheck would be kicked out of the league "please,he taught Brady how to cheat and lie." and Robert kraft would for sure lose ownership of the team same as Eddie Debartilo did of the 49ers for a much lesser offense.:rolleyes:

But when you're rich and powerful,they wont touch you of course.

The two worst calls in NFL playoff history where it affected the outcome of the game was the BS tuck rule and the one a couple years ago between the cowboys and Lions when the ref CORRECTLY called a pass interference penalty against one of the cowboy defenders,he was all over him mugging him,everybody in the country saw that obvious intereference,but THEN the refs INCREDIBLY picked up the yellow flag and said there was no foul committed and gave no explanation for why they picked up the flag.

How much more evidence do people around here need that these games are so much rigged? the playoffs for sure at least.come on.:rolleyes:

the combination of deflategate and the worst NON call in NFL history since the tuck rule in that cowboys/Lions game,after that Cowboys and Lions game,I FINALLy said enough is enough and will never watch another playoff game if my rams or chargers are not in it.I did not watch the superbowl last year and will never watch another one again either unless again,it is the LA RAMS of course.:D

I watched a pre-season game where the receiver caught the ball in the end zone, came down with it but when he hit the ground the ball visibly shifted in his arms. Oh I know! Not a catch, I got this. The ruling was: Touchdown. I give up.

Yeah indeed.I give up as well. I am glad i did not see that game.That is just further proof that they call it as they want the games to be.

. One lunatic here a couple years ago came on and actually thought that Dez Bryant made that catch in the end zone a couple years ago even though he clearly did not have control over it since the ball was shifting.:rofl:

This puts to rest that that was NOT a catch by Dez Bryant in that game.
During the Rams/Cowboys pre season game "it was a nationwide ESPN game so you can easily find it and see for yourself." they had a former NFL ref come on and talk during the broadcast.During the game,Bryant made a great catch that was going under review,i said to myself during that time when they were reviewing it-"Okay unlike the green bay game,that IS a catch."

The refs did correctly call it a catch because THIS time,Bryant did have control of it and the ball was not shifting. the ref that was talking to gruden said-The refs made the correct call,that IS a catch.The game in Green Bay,that was NOT a catch but that one by Bryant WAS a catch.

anybody who thinks Bryant caught that ball in the end done in that packers playoff game is an idiot.He CLEARLY did not have control over it the fact it SHIFTED in his arm.:rofl::rolleyes-41:

That is WHY it was NOT a catch back then.

Here that? it was NOT a catch in that playoff game of the cowboys and packers.Get over it.:rolleyes:

That one WAS the correct call back then,the one you are talking about was NOT a correct call by the refs though since is sounds like it was the same type of control that Bryant was trying to get control of but did not have.

to call that one a catch that YOU saw,thats just further proof these games are rigged.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back