Any cat experts?? Help me!

CG, is anything coming out the other end? How long has the vomiting been going on? A vet trip would put your mind at ease but she might just be missing her owner . . . or she ate some tinsel off the Christmas tree.

Don't know what kind of food they sell over the pond but my cat was throwing up the fur balls a lot so I tried Hill's Science Diet Hairball Control (crunchy food) and he only barfs once every couple of weeks now. Unless he's eaten a plastic bag or something. :rolleyes:

Cats are great and they're great company, whether you want company or not!

I just got a cat similar to yours but mine has a bad case of the craps, loose stool. he is a little tip for you instead of a overpriced vet go to your local animal shelter, some have vet services at a real low cost. get the same treatment at a third of the cost. good luck with your new little buddy. once it gets to know you, you will have a good friend for life.

Thanks for the advice.

I have to say, I would prefer not to use the local shelter - because I know the struggle for funding and I'd rather they use their services for people who can't afford the vet.

I have an appointment with the vet on Monday. She seems happy enough in the meantime.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

Thanks again all for the advice and stuff.

CG, is anything coming out the other end? How long has the vomiting been going on? A vet trip would put your mind at ease but she might just be missing her owner . . . or she ate some tinsel off the Christmas tree.

Don't know what kind of food they sell over the pond but my cat was throwing up the fur balls a lot so I tried Hill's Science Diet Hairball Control (crunchy food) and he only barfs once every couple of weeks now. Unless he's eaten a plastic bag or something. :rolleyes:

Cats are great and they're great company, whether you want company or not!

Other end seems fine. Can't be tinsel - there isn't any on the tree. She likes bashing the ornaments - particularly the reindeer bells- and seems fine. I don't think she's in pain or unhappy.... I just think it's odd that she's sick a lot.

I'm sure the vet will know. Good news is that I can take her down to the hospice so I'm gonna do that today!

cat is most likey nervous new home....new people...she misses her peeps...watch her and make sure she is taking water and eating....you might consider changing foods...*i know i know i always think that* perhaps feeding her small amounts...and even if the food is what she ate in the last house....her tummie may be too nervous...

perhaps like gracie.....willows beagle...she is a liberal who has suddenly been found by the enemy...good luck

I've been giving it a bit more thought. I'm wondering if she's a bit stressed because - when old guy was taken into hospital, it happened quite fast and the cat got left alone in his house for a few days, no food, no fresh water, etc. When I went to visit old guy, he asked me to check up and find out what happened to the cat. So I called around his family and stuff and discovered that no one had done anything. I found her in the house and took her back to mine. She's been with me since and I wonder if being by herself with no food and stuff has upset her.... making her overeat or something.

CG, all of that is quite possible. Your kitty wants a routine in which to feel comfortable. Substitute dry food for wet, pay attention to her, and if she is in working order, she will get back to normal very quickly.

I have kind of inherited a cat. She's "owned" (in as much as any cat is "owned") by my neighbour who is terminally ill in hospital. I promised I would take care of said cat - who is adorable - but I know next to nothing about cats.

So, can cats be bulemic? Because every time she eats, she's sick. She seems fine and dandy otherwise. Can you overfeed a cat?

I'll take her to the vets if necessary - I don't mind stumping up some cash to care for her - but I'd rather know if it's something I'm doing wrong. I haven't changed her catfood or anything so I don't what I can do. I like her so I want to make sure she's ok.

Keep her on IAMs dry and canned food...maybe Fancy Feast. She needs grass and sometimes a little hairball remedy. If you don't have any Valsaline works in a pinch. Just rub a little on her nose. She'll lick it off.

Stay away from canned fish food because something in it doesn't agree with her.

Check her teeth to see if she has a buildup of plaque on her teeth because that can make them sick.

She needs to go to the vet because a sick cat sometimes has kidney ailments or liver ailments....or it could just be stress.

Watch out for tinsel it could get stuck in the intestines, had to vacuum the tree once to remove all the tinsel noticed strands coming out the rear end, called vet and was told about what could happen. It something about Christmas trees that mesmerizes cats. they love to screw with them. mine use to climb the tree before knocking it down numerous times each year. Don't you just love cats? want to get even buy a lasor pointer. drives my cat nuts!!!!

Watch out for tinsel it could get stuck in the intestines, had to vacuum the tree once to remove all the tinsel noticed strands coming out the rear end, called vet and was told about what could happen. It something about Christmas trees that mesmerizes cats. they love to screw with them. mine use to climb the tree before knocking it down numerous times each year. Don't you just love cats? want to get even buy a lasor pointer. drives my cat nuts!!!!

I don't have tinsel on the tree but she's managed to break two ornaments so far. :lol::lol: One of them had sentimental value but I don't hold that against her. She looked sorry so I've forgiven her.

I took her in to see her 'owner' today. He was really pleased to see her - I haven't told him about her problem but I asked generally about her health and stuff. He didn't mention her being sick so I'm inclined to think it's a new thing. Anyway, I now know which vet she's been to and will take her Monday. Right now, she's banging against my arm - I think she knows I'm talking about her and she's pissed that I've grassed on her. :lol:

She just wants your full attention.

Thats great that you took her to him.

The vet will have her health history and can help alot I bet.

Want to have some fun with your cat, buy a kiddie fishing pole and tie on a small fur mouse you can buy at wal mart on the end cast it around the house it drives my cat nuts, I have to hide it from the cat when I don't want to play with the cat she chews the mouse off the line if I don't hide it. Stuffed cat toys with catnip also drives them nuts!!!

It was cute. He was really thrilled and she was purrrrrrring a lot. She was really good about getting in and out of her carrier and stuff too. I'm gonna take her in regularly now. The hospice say he will probably die soon so I want to make sure he's as happy as he can be in his final days. Don't want him worrying about her. Her name is Mini but I call her 'Stripes'.

She's a monster. But she is sweet... I'm getting waaay too attached. :eek:

no liberals are better bait, but leave them whole let the sharks make chum out of them it's fun to hear them scream and thrash around.

Want to have some fun with your cat, buy a kiddie fishing pole and tie on a small fur mouse you can buy at wal mart on the end cast it around the house it drives my cat nuts, I have to hide it from the cat when I don't want to play with the cat she chews the mouse off the line if I don't hide it. Stuffed cat toys with catnip also drives them nuts!!!

My cat doesn't need catnip.

I think she's nuts.

Maybe you could ask the family about wether they want you to keep him permenantly.

Its a hard one to ask but needs to be done.

If they forgot all about her they may not have a place for her after he passses

It was cute. He was really thrilled and she was purrrrrrring a lot. She was really good about getting in and out of her carrier and stuff too. I'm gonna take her in regularly now. The hospice say he will probably die soon so I want to make sure he's as happy as he can be in his final days. Don't want him worrying about her. Her name is Mini but I call her 'Stripes'.

She's a monster. But she is sweet... I'm getting waaay too attached. :eek:

You said you wanted a kitty

no liberals are better bait, but leave them whole let the sharks make chum out of them it's fun to hear them scream and thrash around.

If you take a good knife and gut them before you throw them in the intestines tend to attract more sharks.:cool:

Especially the ones that like throwing cats to the sharks.

Last edited:
the more you take your cat for car rides the less freaked out they get. when I was a kid my mom use to take our dogs to Dairy Queen after the vet for an ice cream cone. the vet commented once why the dogs were so happy and not bothered about the vet visit, and my mom told him her trick. dogs and cats are like little kids sometimes.

I like that Mud whistle!!!! But I would use my dull knife!!! You know sharpening a knife takes a long time to get a good edge, and why waste my time or my sharp knife on a liberal!!!!

Forum List

Back