Any cat experts?? Help me!

Phew, i was very concerned for a minute reading this! Cat's can get intestinal diseases that can make them bloated and look healthy, but they are deathly. Also being around the holiday's i was praying she did'nt eat any poinsettia's THEY ARE HIGHLY poisonous to cats. If you are going to be this cats owner and you have any houseplants you should look them up, not all but some are really not good for your cat. The poor cat, i strongly recommend if her owner shall pass then you should keep her. Being she is a stress prone kitty, it would just be best if she did not have to endure that again! Changing foods is not good, but i would consult with your vet about which food you are feeding her, some are really not good. If the brand she is being fed now is suitable by your vet then i would keep her on that. Be sure to keep her dishes clean. My cat's rarely go out so i feed them and indoor formula with the grasses and so forth in it, but if yours is not like that, then you can get a planter and plant some cat grass! Also i would get her something to "paw paw" on , in other words a scratching post or so, so she can trim her nails. Make her a lil spot by a window to lay, cat's love to bask in the sunlight. Good luck and blessings to you both!

Changing her food on advice of vet. He said she needs more dry food. She's got all her stuff from her old home, bed, toys, scratch post and stuff. I'll get her an indoor planter though... she might like that.

She was out in the snow today. Liked it for a little while but then spent the afternoon warming by the fire. She's very cute.

I have kind of inherited a cat. She's "owned" (in as much as any cat is "owned") by my neighbour who is terminally ill in hospital. I promised I would take care of said cat - who is adorable - but I know next to nothing about cats.

So, can cats be bulemic? Because every time she eats, she's sick. She seems fine and dandy otherwise. Can you overfeed a cat?

I'll take her to the vets if necessary - I don't mind stumping up some cash to care for her - but I'd rather know if it's something I'm doing wrong. I haven't changed her catfood or anything so I don't what I can do. I like her so I want to make sure she's ok.

You've probably got it figured out by now, but it's probably stress. Missing owner, new home and surroundings. Poor kitty just doesn't know what's going on is all. If she really gets stressed, she'll start chewing her hair off. A vet could prescribe a mild tranquilizer if it gets that bad. But I think she'll probably be just fine as long as she knows you're not going to hurt her.

As a first time cat owner, I'd never heard of hair balls and the first time I saw one, I freaked. It looked like a turd produced by a Great Dane and located nowhere near the litter box. Picture crazy woman screaming that I'd adopted a cat from Hell. Poor thing hid for hours, but we were soon best buds, and as many here know, I just recently had to have him put down.

I hope you adopt her forever, CG. You'll be a kind owner. Hey, maybe the gentleman who passed her on to you would appreciate seeing all your support posted here.

Maggie Mae, I am sad for you because I know what you went through when you had to have a life pet put down.

Just so y'all know. She's fine!! YAY!!! Stress related. She needs TLC and a change of diet and exercise. I've told her she's gonna spend 30 mins on the treadmill every day. LOL

Great news. I hope you're ready to spend endless wasted hours perusing (and reposting) all the cat stuff you'll find on the Internet like all the rest of us cat lovers. Here, I'll get you started (hat tip to Jake for his funny links to USMB catposters).

Google Image Result for http://lolblog.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/1191862800-1189850290150.jpg

As a first time cat owner, I'd never heard of hair balls and the first time I saw one, I freaked. It looked like a turd produced by a Great Dane and located nowhere near the litter box. Picture crazy woman screaming that I'd adopted a cat from Hell. Poor thing hid for hours, but we were soon best buds, and as many here know, I just recently had to have him put down.

I hope you adopt her forever, CG. You'll be a kind owner. Hey, maybe the gentleman who passed her on to you would appreciate seeing all your support posted here.

Your av looks just like her only she has white feet, a white tip on her tail and only one eye, but she loves to twist herself upside down. And she loves to annoy me by sitting behind me and tapping my shoulder with her paw.

I'll take her to the hospice tomorrow to see old guy. And I talked to my dad about bringing her back to the US. The vet said she would be fine with the trip.... and she, like me, will travel in style... no baggage area for her! Hell no. She comes with me. :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back