antifa threw rocks, urine and bottles at police

Well, you're the only person on the planet defending the orange dildo. Everyone else agrees Donnie-boy is an imbecile.
She's defending Trump or is she stating the obvious? Or is it you're being a partisan imbecile? Looks a lot like the latter.
I make no apology for considering trump a racist, worthless waste of skin.

But trumps statements on the KKK, Nazis vs anti-protesters were condemned by leaders around the world. And here, they were condemned by a load of our own Congressmen including many republicans, a couple of past republican presidents, and republican presidential candidated.

So please try to THINK before posting your idiotic comments and insults, you brainless piece of shit.
Trump's statements were fine. They were condemned by people on both sides who had an ax to grind with him. And the fake news grabbed it and ran with it.
The statements by the treasonous fat senile old orange clown were not fine. The were a pass for the KKK and Neo-Nazis, and are justly condemned by all moral and ethical people.

You mean these statements?

"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans. "

Ibid

Meh, he's condemned hatred and violence on both sides, repetitively. Apparently, no statement will suffice for the Leftist fake news media. They are totally out of touch and out of their minds. And they wonder why they keep losing elections.

I never said they were all non-violent. Besides you personal experience has obviously colored you perception, that's normal.

Yes, personal experience does generally affect our perceptions. Those without the personal experience are also uniquely unqualified to judge those who experienced it.
Not judging, simply pointing out empirical scientific fact.

Pointing it out in a very judgmental way. :)
That was not my intent at all but given that most people don't understand why they do what they do any pointing out of the psychological back pinnings will often appear to them to be judgemental and personal, another normal human reaction. It doesn't make one a terrible person just means they're normal, people don't like to be told they're just as human as the next person.

That was not my intent at all but given that most people don't understand why they do what they do any pointing out of the psychological back pinnings will often appear to them to be judgemental and personal, another normal human reaction. It doesn't make one a terrible person just means they're normal, people don't like to be told they're just as human as the next person.

I may or may not be as human as the next. But I do recognize judgmentalistic ad hominem when I see it. I do believe you that it wasn't your intention.

You know I love you dearly and on most things would give a great deal of weight to your opinion. But this time you are inferring motives or perceptions on my part that you have no way of knowing or discerning and I know that because you are just plain wrong about where I am coming from on this one. :)

Now if you wanted to argue how prejudices and perceptions are colored by life experience, etc. etc. etc. and how that might have colored perceptions of what happened in Boston, we could have a reasoned discussion on that without any ad hominem entering into it whatsoever.

But you won't convince me that what happened in Boston was okay and/or not comparable to what happened in Charlottesville and therefore I have a skewed perception and/or prejudice about it.

The two events are entirely comparable because they were generated by the exact same motives stated by the demonstrators themselves and they resulted in the exact same kind of violence and hatefulness. That there is a matter of degree does not change that fact at all.
Well, hate to disagree with you but I was basing everything on what you posted and empirically known human behavior patterns, the only metrics I have available here. Not one bit of it was judgemental or ad hominem, even subconsciously but there is no way I could possibly convince you of that, you would have to do that yourself. :dunno:

It was judgmental in insisting that I was operating on a motive or psychological parameter that I know I am not. And that's what ad hominem is; i.e. arguing via a person's motives or instincts or associations or presumed M.O. instead of what they actually say. Example: "Of course you feel that way because everybody does", or "Of course you think that. You're a right wing Republican." Ad hominem can be personally insulting but it does not have to be personally insulting in order to be ad hominem.

Sorry. Old debate coach here. Can't resist teaching a bit. :)

The argument in this thread is the righteousness or lack thereof of Antifa in Boston. I am not likely to be convinced that their actions, even for the non violent ones, are/were acceptable and so far you aren't convinced that Boston is comparable with Charlottesville.

And it is okay for friends to disagree.
My argument was never about righteousness which is probably the disconnect between us. My argument was simple; the OP attempted to paint all the protesters in Boston as violent, this was simply not the case, nothing more nothing less, it appeared you were disputing this and following the OP's example.

She's defending Trump or is she stating the obvious? Or is it you're being a partisan imbecile? Looks a lot like the latter.

But trumps statements on the KKK, Nazis vs anti-protesters were condemned by leaders around the world. And here, they were condemned by a load of our own Congressmen including many republicans, a couple of past republican presidents, and republican presidential candidated.

So please try to THINK before posting your idiotic comments and insults, you brainless piece of shit.
Trump's statements were fine. They were condemned by people on both sides who had an ax to grind with him. And the fake news grabbed it and ran with it.
The statements by the treasonous fat senile old orange clown were not fine. The were a pass for the KKK and Neo-Nazis, and are justly condemned by all moral and ethical people.

"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans. "
No. I mean statements like this one:
----
From the article:

President Donald Trump on Saturday declined to condemn the violent actions and protests of white supremacists who had converged en masse on Charlottesville, Virginia, to protest the removal of a statue of a Confederate general...

Instead, Trump called out, in what he deemed the strongest possible terms, "this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides — on many sides.” Yet, he never denounced by name the extremist group or called the behavior of the white supremacists unacceptable.

Trump fails to condemn white supremacists in statement on Charlottesville violence
----
We're talking about real terrorist groups: the KKK and the Nazis. Donnie should have been able to see the difference between those people protesting hate and racism, and the people propagating hate and racism.

trump had the opportunity to make a strong statement about our problems with racism and hatred. He could have tried to appear presidential, for a change, and say something about the need to unify the nation. He was incapable of doing that. Instead, he flipped and flopped and seemingly couldn't say much of anything that made sense. He's probably still changing his statements.

Unlike Obama who again and again rushed to judgment in incident after incident and was left with egg on his face, the President wisely acknowledged that there was unacceptable hatred and hate speech on BOTH sides. And he was 100% correct.

He was not commending or condoning or endorsing white supremacist groups in any way. He was not willing to single out one group and thereby let another, equally or more guilty for the violence off the hook. He subsequently made it clear that he condemned all white supremacist groups, but at that time while the news story was still developing, he wisely did not take sides.

Yes, personal experience does generally affect our perceptions. Those without the personal experience are also uniquely unqualified to judge those who experienced it.

I may or may not be as human as the next. But I do recognize judgmentalistic ad hominem when I see it. I do believe you that it wasn't your intention.

You know I love you dearly and on most things would give a great deal of weight to your opinion. But this time you are inferring motives or perceptions on my part that you have no way of knowing or discerning and I know that because you are just plain wrong about where I am coming from on this one. :)

Now if you wanted to argue how prejudices and perceptions are colored by life experience, etc. etc. etc. and how that might have colored perceptions of what happened in Boston, we could have a reasoned discussion on that without any ad hominem entering into it whatsoever.

But you won't convince me that what happened in Boston was okay and/or not comparable to what happened in Charlottesville and therefore I have a skewed perception and/or prejudice about it.

The two events are entirely comparable because they were generated by the exact same motives stated by the demonstrators themselves and they resulted in the exact same kind of violence and hatefulness. That there is a matter of degree does not change that fact at all.
Also while I am completely anti fascist I have no love for Antifa just as I have no love for any white supremacist groups/individuals just as I had no love for any of our presidents past or present but I will defend specific aspects, deeds, etc in the name of fairness when it is called for.

As will I. We don't know who threw the first punch in Charlottesville but neither the white supremacists or Antifa was invited to that party and had they not been there, there would have been no violence. And Antifa started the violence in Boston. And that is pretty much a solid fact.

Last edited:

----
From the article:

President Donald Trump on Saturday declined to condemn the violent actions and protests of white supremacists who had converged en masse on Charlottesville, Virginia, to protest the removal of a statue of a Confederate general...

Instead, Trump called out, in what he deemed the strongest possible terms, "this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides — on many sides.” Yet, he never denounced by name the extremist group or called the behavior of the white supremacists unacceptable.

Trump fails to condemn white supremacists in statement on Charlottesville violence
----
We're talking about real terrorist groups: the KKK and the Nazis. Donnie should have been able to see the difference between those people protesting hate and racism, and the people propagating hate and racism.

trump had the opportunity to make a strong statement about our problems with racism and hatred. He could have tried to appear presidential, for a change, and say something about the need to unify the nation. He was incapable of doing that. Instead, he flipped and flopped and seemingly couldn't say much of anything that made sense. He's probably still changing his statements.

Unlike Obama who again and again rushed to judgment in incident after incident and was left with egg on his face, the President wisely acknowledged that there was unacceptable hatred and hate speech on BOTH sides. And he was 100% correct.

He was not commending or condoning or endorsing white supremacist groups in any way. He was not willing to single out one group and thereby let another, equally or more guilty for the violence off the hook. He subsequently made it clear that he condemned all white supremacist groups, but at that time while the news story was still developing, he wisely did not take sides.
Obama is not the topic.

Quit defending your Draft Dodging Coward of a president. He intentionally avoided saying the KKK and Nazis are hate-mongering racists and terrorists. And he did it because these terrorists SUPPORT the orange piece of dog-shit.

Also while I am completely anti fascist I have no love for Antifa just as I have no love for any white supremacist groups/individuals just as I had no love for any of our presidents past or present but I will defend specific aspects, deeds, etc in the name of fairness when it is called for.

As will I. We don't know who threw the first punch in Charlottesville but neither the white supremacists or Antifa was invited to that party and had they not been there, there would have been no violence. And Antifa started the violence in Boston. And that is pretty much a solid fact.
Never disputed that besides, what does that have to do with my argument?

----
From the article:

----

Obama is not the topic.

Quit defending your Draft Dodging Coward of a president. He intentionally avoided saying the KKK and Nazis are hate-mongering racists and terrorists. And he did it because these terrorists SUPPORT the orange piece of dog-shit.
I can't stand Trump but you're so full of shit your eyes are brown.

----
From the article:

----

Obama is not the topic.

And your face is brown, from having your head shoved up tour ass. Asshole.

... He intentionally avoided saying the KKK and Nazis are hate-mongering racists and terrorists......

----
From the article:

----

Obama is not the topic.

Did you major in projection?

You argued that Charlottesville and Boston were not comparable. I argued that they were comparable based on the circumstances of each.

You argued that I am coming at it from psychological underpinnings. I argued that empirical knowledge stands on its own merits and is not based on any kind of underpinnings other than objectivity and stand alone facts.

I'm right which makes you wrong on those particular points. Simple as that. :)

----
From the article:

----

Obama is not the topic.

Well, look at the bright side. At least I won't have to see any more of your ignorant posts.

... He intentionally avoided saying the KKK and Nazis are hate-mongering racists and terrorists......

Proof that Donald Trump is a neo Nazi and a racist!

Of course, let's not forget his daughter, son in law, grandchildren, and daughters in law are all Jewish.

But, since CNN insists he's secretly a neo Nazi supporter, then he must be.

You argued that Charlottesville and Boston were not comparable. I argued that they were comparable based on the circumstances of each.

You argued that I am coming at it from psychological underpinnings. I argued that empirical knowledge stands on its own merits and is not based on any kind of underpinnings other than objectivity and stand alone facts.

I'm right which makes you wrong on those particular points. Simple as that. :)
Oh that. You've not proved that Chancellorsville and Boston were similar so they are still not comparable.

Obama is not the topic.

Well, look at the bright side. At least I won't have to see any more of your ignorant posts.
Coward. But I expected no less from a pure partisan hack.

----
From the article:

----

Trump has rushed to judgement MANY times...and unlike Obama, he has never taken responsibility to doing so.

His condemnation was two days too late.

----
From the article:

----

Trump has rushed to judgement MANY times...and unlike Obama, he has never taken responsibility to doing so.

I just don't see it that way my friend. He condemned ALL the violence immediately and included all who were responsible for it. He refused to take the snowflake position that one side had purer motives than the other, therefore the politically incorrect side was to blame for all. The left was screaming for him to condemn the white supremacists but there were not equal calls for condemnations of Antifa and others who came for no other reason than to stir up chaos and create violence. He wasn't buying that.

I am 100% in his camp on that.

I loath and despise white supremacist doctrine in all its forms.

And I loath and despise the movement(s) that would deny others their right to speak their opinion just because that opinion is not politically correct.

And I pray that thinking people will be able to cast off their hatred of the President and their partisan mindset on both sides and start seeing and telling it like it really is. When they do we might start making some progress in resolving problems instead of the screams of hate talk and divisiveness and violence that is tearing us apart.

----
From the article:

----

If I remember correctly the Virginia Governor's condemnation came a day or two after that.......... Funny that no one is claiming he was "a day late and a dollar short........."

Forum List

Back