Antiamericanism on the right.

I think there are zealots on the right and on the left for whom ideology is more important than thier country.
It's only dangerous if you start agreeing with them.

Would you be so kind as to provide examples of the respective extremes which lie at the basis of this observation?

Which is to simply ask you to state the extreme positions that you 'feel' represents the Left and the Right...

Now friends... watch this carefully here... as the answer she offers will expose her for who she is...

O'Reilly isn't even Right, He's a Libertarian fence sitter bent on ratings, trying to stay ahead of the mob.

You're shooting blanks. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You're not referring to Bill O'Reilly I assume, because he is most certainly not a libertarian.

I'm pretty sure He has said he is. He's sure as hell not conservative.

Libertarians are pretty selective as to who qualifies. I've never heard O'Reilly himself say he is a Libertarian but I've heard others describe him that way and it almost always produces an angry response from Libertarians. Thery point to his support fo the war on drugs, his support for funding things "not found in the constitution", his support for the war in Iraq, and his opposition to homosexual marriage as disqualifiers.

Last edited:
You're not referring to Bill O'Reilly I assume, because he is most certainly not a libertarian.

Libertarians are pretty selective as to who qualifies. I've never heard O'Reilly himself say he is a Libertarian but I've heard others describe him that way and it almost always produces an angry response from Libertarians. Thery point to his support fo the war on drugs, his support for funding things "not found in the constitution", his support for the war in Iraq, and his opposition to homosexual marriage as disqualifiers.

He is not a libertarian. He is not a conservative.....and he is by no means a liberal. He is a man that believes in what he believes in and not one that is a follower.
We should all be that way.

He is not a libertarian. He is not a conservative.....and he is by no means a liberal. He is a man that believes in what he believes in and not one that is a follower.

I agree - the vast majority of all of us don't fit neatly into political labels no matter how hard others try to force us into that pigeon hole.
But more like Bill O'Reilly? God help us all.

It's honestly shocking to me to see conservatives across the world applauding at the city of Chicago losing it's bid for the Olympics in 2016. Apparently seeing an opportunity for America's cultural and economic gain pass America by is a cause for celebration, simply because it represents Obama's efforts toward that have failed. If Obama was trying to climb up a tree to save a kitten dangling over the highway, and the kitten let go and fell to it's death before he could get to it, I imagine that the kittens demise would be greeted with fanfare by the conservative community, with pundits slapping each other on the back and saying "I guess that shows him!"

I'm starting to wonder whose fucking side you guys are on. It doesn't seem to be ours.

You do know that app 50% of Chicagoans did not want the olympics in their city. The reason, the debt they would incur getting ready to host it. Hosting the olympics is not an economic boom, in many past cases it turns out to be an economic disastor.The President and his Chicago gang had no business going over their to promote Chicago, he needs to stay home and take care of business here.

No thanks. He is not my ideal.

October 8, 2009
American troops in Afghanistan losing heart, say army chaplains

American soldiers serving in Afghanistan are depressed and deeply disillusioned, according to the chaplains of two US battalions that have spent nine months on the front line in the war against the Taleban.

American troops in Afghanistan losing heart, say army chaplains - Times Online

All because we lost the Olympics?

Why do you really think they are losing mal heart?

Dems usually throw the Troops to the Wolves, when they run things. Too worried about appearance which should never out weigh Principle. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

October 8, 2009
American troops in Afghanistan losing heart, say army chaplains

American soldiers serving in Afghanistan are depressed and deeply disillusioned, according to the chaplains of two US battalions that have spent nine months on the front line in the war against the Taleban.

American troops in Afghanistan losing heart, say army chaplains - Times Online

All because we lost the Olympics?

Why do you really think they are losing mal heart?

Dems usually throw the Troops to the Wolves, when they run things. Too worried about appearance which should never out weigh Principle. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

What have you seen that indicates that our troops are being mal thrown to the wolves?

It's honestly shocking to me to see conservatives across the world applauding at the city of Chicago losing it's bid for the Olympics in 2016. Apparently seeing an opportunity for America's cultural and economic gain pass America by is a cause for celebration, simply because it represents Obama's efforts toward that have failed. If Obama was trying to climb up a tree to save a kitten dangling over the highway, and the kitten let go and fell to it's death before he could get to it, I imagine that the kittens demise would be greeted with fanfare by the conservative community, with pundits slapping each other on the back and saying "I guess that shows him!"

I'm starting to wonder whose fucking side you guys are on. It doesn't seem to be ours.

I think people saw it as a hubristic attempt to flex Obama's charm with the rest of the world by going over there in the first place. Most of us don't care about the Olympics, and we weren't particularly offended that they didn't choose us to host the Olympics games. It's really not a point of patriotism (for me, at least) that the U.S. wont host the Olympics.

Obama pitching to have the Olympics in the most corrupt city in the U.S. which he is incidentally from is already a scandal in itself. The Olympics commission does not want to repeat earlier U.S. Olympics scandals from Atlanta and Seattle.

I don't think the Olympics helps most of the cities it is held in and certainly don't think Chicago would be one of the ones to benefit. So it's a win-win scenario. We don't have the economic disaster of the Olympics and Obama gets dissed by the IOC for being, as they put it, arrogant. So much for being the great peacebringer and foreign relations cure-all.

Forum List

Back