Antiamericanism on the right.

Seriously folks, if your were an UNBIASED member of the Olympic comittee and you had to choose between Rio and Chicago, would you really choose Chicago?

Gimme a break!

Yeah, we helped Bin Laden fight off Russia. I don't have an answer for Afganistan, but I do know, that our name will be synonymous with "Paper Tiger' when all said and done. I look at Viet Nam, Desert Storm, Iraq, and Afganistan...we just can't get the job done anymore. Our political war policies have really nullified our technologies. The Military wants to get it done, and has the means to do so, but our politicians don't have the stomach for it.
If our politicians that we have today were in the Senate, and Congress back in WWII we would have never won that one either. just sayin...

if they were the guys in charge back in '75.....we would have never won the Revolution....and i am sayin....

Seriously folks, if your were an UNBIASED member of the Olympic comittee and you had to choose between Rio and Chicago, would you really choose Chicago?

Gimme a break!
I would have gone with Rio too
so i don't understand why Obama's advisers didn't tell him to stay out of it

Not only that, the Olympics present a HUGE security issue, and I don't think this is the best time to have to deal with that, in addition to all that's on our plates right now.

Gimme a break!

Depends on the criteria. I don't know what the committee bases their decisions on. If it is accessibility of venues, I'd have to think that Chicago would more than likely win out over Rio. On the other hand, South America has never hosted the games. It seems to me that it is about darned time that they do.

I think Chicago would have done a fabulous job, but, I suspect that Rio will be a treat.

Immie

Gimme a break!

:lol:

Ipanema Beach?
riobums07.jpg

or Chicago's "dog beach". ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Unbelievably%2BFat%2BPerson.jpg

It wasn't the objections of the people of the United States that doomed us in Vietnam - it was the non-support from the vietnamese.

Winning the hearts and minds of the people was not the problem, though we certainly failed there. The true problem was the absolute corruption of the Viets in power. The average Vietnamese really had no interest or choice in who ruled him. Heknew he was going to get shafted.

It wasn't the objections of the people of the United States that doomed us in Vietnam - it was the non-support from the vietnamese.

Oh right....when an entire generation tunes in, turns on and drops out....it had absolutely NO EFFECT on the Vietnamese conflict.
An "entire" generation? What an idiotic statement. The War had an effect on American culture that still reverberates today. I mean, we are listening to you who has no idea at all about the war, are we not?

Non support from the Vietnamese? If we weren't supported by the Vietnamese how come so many of them live here now? To say Nothing of the Hmong.

Non support from the Vietnamese? If we weren't supported by the Vietnamese how come so many of them live here now? To say Nothing of the Hmong.

The Vietnamese who lived in the South came here because we left that country to be taken over by the Communist North. Why did we leave? There was no public support for the war here in the USA due to mismanagement from 1965 to 1969

The Vietnamese who lived in the South came here because we left that country to be taken over by the Communist North. Why did we leave? There was no public support for the war here in the USA due to mismanagement from 1965 to 1969
Yes, we lost and pulled out in 1969, didn't we?

LBJ tried to run the war and micro manage from the Oval Office, Remind You of anyone else?

65 to 69 really?

What role did Misreporting the News play?

http://www.stolenvalor.com/

[edit] Contents
Stolen Valor is divided into 5 parts.

Part I (The Image) begins with a chapter about B.G. Burkett's time in the Army. The next four chapters detail the author's argument that the image of the Vietnam Veteran was tarnished by a combination of media coverage, Veteran imposters, US citizens' anger against the draft, and a perceived conception of the veteran as a victim.[1]

Part II (The Trauma of War) looks into the diagnoses of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in Vietnam Veterans and how it is treated by the Veteran's Administration and the rise of war atrocity accusations against Vietnam Veterans. It also does further analysis of the effects of people, the author believes to be Vietnam War Veteran imposters, on the image of the Vietnam Veteran, specifically, the lack of investigation by the news media into the background of these possible veterans. This part delves into what the author believes to be the mislabeling of one of the causes of homelessness, the Vietnam War.[2]

Part III (Stolen Valor) describes what the author believes to be a widespread wearing of Vietnam War specific medals, ribbons and badges by people who did not earn them. The author, using the Freedom of Information Act, was able to retrieve records of individuals who claimed they served in Vietnam during the War and he used this method to denounce people who didn't have records to support their service, badges, ribbons and medals. In this section, the author also demonstrates his disbelief in the idea that minorities participated in rates higher then their percentage of the populations. [3]

In Part IV (Victims and Heroes) , the author discusses what he believes to be a myth about the effects of Agent Orange, profiling pilots from the Vietnam War who flew Agent Orange delivery missions in Vietnam and who have not had an increase in health effects since then. In this section, the author also denounces the Vietnam Veterans of America, calling them "Vietnam Victims of America."[4]

Part V (Appendices) provides lists of Medal of Honor awardees, Distinguished Service Cross awardees, Navy Cross awardees, Air Force Cross awardees and U.S. military POWs who survived their captivity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolen_Valor

Last edited:
The only reason we won Iraq is that the Internet prevented the next Marxists Cronkite from calling the war for the Insurgency like they called Vietnam for the North even after we inflicted one of the most crushing, decisive and strategic defeats on an desperate enemy since the Battle of the Bulge

Last edited:
The only reason we won Iraq is that the Internet prevented the next Marxists Cronkite from calling the war for the Insurgency like they called Vietnam for the North even after we inflicted one of the most crushing, decisive and strategic defeats on an desperate enemy since the Battle of the Bulge

Actually, the U.S. wins set piece battles and wars. Against guerrillas...? Not so much.

Actually, the U.S. wins set piece battles and wars. Against guerrillas...? Not so much.

Too bad current events in Iraq make you look 180 degrees out of phase with reality

Um...yeah...the Olympic bomber caused problems for Atlanta. But tell us what the problems were with LA in 1984?

lots of places lost financially....some did ok....in Orange County anyway...

The LA Olympics turned a profit, you know.
For several reasons.
We had most of the infrastructure already in place.
The Colosseum, which holds 100,000 people.
The Forum.
The L.A. sports Arena.
Pauley pavillion.
Two major unversities, USC and UCLA, who had the dorm space, and athletic training facilities to accomodate the athletes.
Pepperdine university, see above.
6 airports in a 150 mile area.
World class hotels, already in place.
Prime weather.
Non-corrupt local government.
Effective police forces. The LAPD and LA county sheriffs. Along with mutual aid from many top notch police forces in the area.
And on, and on, and on.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back