Antiamericanism on the right.

Um...yeah...the Olympic bomber caused problems for Atlanta. But tell us what the problems were with LA in 1984?

lots of places lost financially....some did ok....in Orange County anyway...

The LA Olympics turned a profit, you know.
Do you know why? I'll give you a hint....it has already been posted on why LA made a profit. It's also, known that LA is the exception. But my question remains...Do you know why LA made a profit?

Non support from the Vietnamese? If we weren't supported by the Vietnamese how come so many of them live here now? To say Nothing of the Hmong.

The Vietnamese who lived in the South came here because we left that country to be taken over by the Communist North. Why did we leave? There was no public support for the war here in the USA due to mismanagement from 1965 to 1969

Oh Patek, give us a break. Nixon's campaign in 1968 focused on Vietnam, and he promised he had a plan (though he never explained what that plan was) to end the Vietnam War with honor. Do I need to remind you how many of our guys died between 1969 and his resignation in 1973?
I was on active duty in '67, '68 and '69 and have clear memories of the campaign (I supported Bobby Kennedy until he was murdered) and the presidencies of LBJ and RMN.

It's honestly shocking to me to see conservatives across the world applauding at the city of Chicago losing it's bid for the Olympics in 2016. Apparently seeing an opportunity for America's cultural and economic gain pass America by is a cause for celebration, simply because it represents Obama's efforts toward that have failed. If Obama was trying to climb up a tree to save a kitten dangling over the highway, and the kitten let go and fell to it's death before he could get to it, I imagine that the kittens demise would be greeted with fanfare by the conservative community, with pundits slapping each other on the back and saying "I guess that shows him!"

I'm starting to wonder whose fucking side you guys are on. It doesn't seem to be ours.

its not shocking at all, a number of conservatives are phony patriots, their loyalty lies with the republican party and not the nation, the likes of rush limbaugh, sean hannity, glenn beck and their lemmings fit this category of anti American conservatives.

It's honestly shocking to me to see conservatives across the world applauding at the city of Chicago losing it's bid for the Olympics in 2016. Apparently seeing an opportunity for America's cultural and economic gain pass America by is a cause for celebration, simply because it represents Obama's efforts toward that have failed. If Obama was trying to climb up a tree to save a kitten dangling over the highway, and the kitten let go and fell to it's death before he could get to it, I imagine that the kittens demise would be greeted with fanfare by the conservative community, with pundits slapping each other on the back and saying "I guess that shows him!"

I'm starting to wonder whose fucking side you guys are on. It doesn't seem to be ours.

its not shocking at all, a number of conservatives are phony patriots, their loyalty lies with the republican party and not the nation, the likes of rush limbaugh, sean hannity, glenn beck and their lemmings fit this category of anti American conservatives.

Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny Too. Lassie, Jesus. Superman. Spider man.

those who you listed would be considered liberals.

those who you listed would be considered liberals.

Not in the sense you think. Take some personal responsibility.

Non support from the Vietnamese? If we weren't supported by the Vietnamese how come so many of them live here now? To say Nothing of the Hmong.

The Vietnamese who lived in the South came here because we left that country to be taken over by the Communist North. Why did we leave? There was no public support for the war here in the USA due to mismanagement from 1965 to 1969
Yes, we lost and pulled out in 1969, didn't we?

1969...isn't that when your hero John Kerry threw his medals back over the White House fence?

For those smarter than a dodo bird we all know that Nixon ran on ending the war and began withdrawing troops in 1969. So yes...your smart alec comment does have some factual base. Thank you for agreeing with me in your distorted liberal way.

Bodecea's blatant hostility in the responses to me are quite telling. When liberals lose their argument they begin lashing out like an 8 year old who just got jacked for his milk money.

For several reasons.
We had most of the infrastructure already in place.
The Colosseum, which holds 100,000 people.
The Forum.
The L.A. sports Arena.
Pauley pavillion.
Two major unversities, USC and UCLA, who had the dorm space, and athletic training facilities to accomodate the athletes.
Pepperdine university, see above.
6 airports in a 150 mile area.
World class hotels, already in place.
Prime weather.
Non-corrupt local government.
Effective police forces. The LAPD and LA county sheriffs. Along with mutual aid from many top notch police forces in the area.
And on, and on, and on.

:eek: really?

Um...yeah...the Olympic bomber caused problems for Atlanta. But tell us what the problems were with LA in 1984?

not everyone....my dad who owned a motel in the Disneyland shadow,knew all the big shots in the area.....not everybody came away counting money.....and there was an influx of tourist being that the wrestling and judo events were held at the Convention Center......still lots of businesses spent money getting ready and still lost....the motels and restaurants were the winners....the city of Anaheim spent boo-coo bucks getting ready....lost or broke about even depending on who it was....

not everyone....my dad who owned a motel in the Disneyland shadow,knew all the big shots in the area.....not everybody came away counting money.....and there was an influx of tourist being that the wrestling and judo events were held at the Convention Center......still lots of businesses spent money getting ready and still lost....the motels and restaurants were the winners....the city of Anaheim spent boo-coo bucks getting ready....lost or broke about even depending on who it was....

Is there ever an event where EVERYONE comes out ahead?

Is there ever an event where EVERYONE comes out ahead?

Bo, why are you taking the 1984 LA Olympics and using that as the standard, when it has been proven to you that it isn't the standard, but the exception? Or, are you just trolling?

Until liberals once again hold Democrats to the same standard they hold Republicans, they will have no credibility and deserve no respect.

Patek(I)

I think there are zealots on the right and on the left for whom ideology is more important than thier country.
It's only dangerous if you start agreeing with them.

Forum List

Back